Pokemon The Name Rater Thread!

A name that popped into my head straight away for Cobalon is Thor because of his lightning bolt like Horns. He is also a Fighting type and as we all know Thor was a strong and noble warrior.

BTW need some feedback on what people think of Mythology themes :p

EDIT:

Need opinions of my Torchic's name for my Nuzlocke challenge

If girl - Vesta - goddess of fire
If guy - Vulcan - god of fire

What do you think of the name artimis for umbreon?

Also, I need an idea for a conkeldurr nickname, preferably one that mocks its apparent skin problems.

I'm looking for a good name for my Excadrill. Obviously Excadrill is a big, lumbering Pokemon with a ton of power, and I want a name that fits it. Also, I like to focus on real names rather than things, feelings or emotions. For example, I named my Metagross "Panzer", after the German tank. Panzer is a real name that genuinely describes it. I'd like something fitting for Excadrill.

Thank you!

Johnson. IDK, imagine Doryuuzu irl. Wouldn't you love just going up to it and saying, "Hey Johnson, how ya doin' this fine afternoon?" There are lots of curves (in the letters), which mirror Doryuuzu's looks. Just my two cents.

^
Just noticed your sig, my name is NOT HyperBeen lol, that sounds like a genetically enhanced bean plant. Anyways Excadrill could be Chilean name or just "Chile" like the miners.

I love Roman/Greek deity names for Pokémon. That's how I roll.
^For the Excadrill, how about Ares? God of war, seems fitting to me...

Any names for a male Garchomp? The first thing that popped into my head was Sharky, but I want something more intimidating...

@slickmario: Try Gaara, after the Naruto character. I always thought he was pretty cruel in the anime, and Garchomp is pretty cruel itself in most cases.

I'm still looking for a good sounding nickname for my shiny Nidorino (but nothing that's generic, a bad combination of two words, or a random mix of letters. Mythologically dieties/characters would be nice, but I can't think of any that Nidorino looks like or reminds me of...).

Also, does anyone have good ones for normal-colored Latias and Latios? Up until now, I was using variations of Alexander and Alexandra, but I finally decided I wanted something less stale.

Latias/Latios are supposedly faster than jet planes. You could play around with that a little bit.

slickmario, playing off "sharky", you could try Jaws. >_>

^^i believe nidorino represents masculinity. If you are looking for a deity name, try sol, Helios, or maybe apollo, as all three have masculinity classified as one of their cults.

As for garchomp, try dracanthus (Latin for fish-dragon).

^Helios actually sounds kind of fitting. At least in my opinion.

Can you guys come up with a good one for
Hippowdon
Randorusu (the ground/flying thing from gen 5)
or Blaziken?

idc if it's normal or shiny. It's PO, so I can change freely.

Helios works. Apollo I've already used time and again, even in the same game I've got the Nidorino in.

Side note edit: lol, I just realized my username and avatar contradict each other, then, don't they? XD

^partially.

Hippowdon: Set if male, tarwet if female (mythological entities)

Randorusu: zephyrus (the mythological entity that inspired the mythological entity that originally inspired it).

Blaziken: frydchickn (fried chicken) or incineratr (incinerator)

Back