The LV Fakemon Project: Pokemon Shine and Shade: Rubbatic

Should I completely redo the two legendaries, Paraigon and Garakuia to look similar to the new legen

• Yes, you should redo both.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Just redo Paraigon.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just redo Garakuia.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, both are fine.

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RE: Ongan Region Fakedex+more

I just realised that Paraigon is thirty two ft tall! Holy... (definetely not something I'd want to meet on a lonely night) The same goes for Garakuia too.

^ Lol, I would be more scared of Paraigon, because it looks alot more bulky :p but Garakuia looks cooler

Yeah, Pairaigon is one of the larger pokemon within the Ongan region. I was trying to go for a ancient, ruins look. Early sketches was a pyramid type pokemon with legs. Garakuia also changed. Early sketches resembled the end boss from Ookami (his second stage). However, I went with these designs ultimately.

I am currently working on a new batch of fakemon, several characters, as well as some surprises!

In addition, I guess you would call this a "leak" haha. Here is a very rough sketch of the Ongan Region map. May things may change in the final product but this is the basic layout of the region.

otsu.png

Areas will be filled in with forests in the finalized product. Are the houses too small or should I make them larger? I debated whether to post this up cause I wanted to show the finalized version but I felt I couldn't progress further past the coloring stage without any critique.

Wow, that is pretty cool, the houses are an alright size, seems like there is a ferris wheel in this region too ;) . Can't wait for the finalised version :D

Wow these are really great! Okomo is my favorite one.
The art work is also really good too.

I really like the Ongan Region map.

Thanks. I wad worried that the houses were too small. I may increase the size before I'm finished. As well, the finished product will be much larger in size therefore more stuff will be clearer. There is alot of detail within the map.

Here is some leaked info:

- there will be 8 gyms. The first gym will be a fighting type.
- there will be a Dark gym.
- areas of the map will change in appearance when you are in "Past Domain" or "Future Domain".
- there will be a desert area, 5 forest areas, 3 caves, a area that is constantly struck by lightning, a rainforest, and a white rafting course in rapids. Also, there is mysterious house that distorts gravity.

I am going to get some stuff finished and updated by Friday but I doubt I can get the map finished by then. I will be out traveling this weekend since I have a 3 day weekend.

Here are some shadows of the new fakemon that have been released. I will unveil them either tomorrow or by Monday. We shall see. I will be traveling this weekend with no connection to the internet.

Here we are! Can you guess what they are?

shadows2.png

shadow3.png

And yes, I do know the top right shadow looks absolutely naughty but its not what you think haha.

Well, the last one is obviously a dolphin... No... I mean pig... I mea... I'll presume that one is water!

I'm guessing the one on the right hand corner is a rat/mouse, the one on the bottom left is a poodle and the one on the bottom right is a dolphin :D

Yeah these shadows are not that hard to tell from haha. I will post the actual pokemon later after work.

Here is a Pokebeach exclusive leak! The shadows have been revealed! Please critique and comment on them!

ghostbug.png

#102 Illusisect
Japanese Name: ゲンマシ (Genmashi)
Type: Bug/Ghost
Color: White
Ability: Clear Body/Limber
Height: 1’6
Weight: 2 lbs.
Male/Female: 50/50%
Evolves to: Bousechouki at level 39
Egg Type: Water 3/Intermediate

This pokemon can only be caught in forests at night. It is highly attracted to paranormal activity and can be seen around grave sites or where a high concentration of people died.

Genmashi Fakedex Entry

#032 Kenzumi
Type: Fighting/Ground
Ability: Vital Spirit/Hyper Cutter
Height: 2'2
Weight: 25 lbs.

Kenzumi hones its skills in deep forests and underground lairs. It often fights against rival pokemon using vast armies. It sharpens its branch like sword so it does not break. It is revealed not to be the regions rodent pokemon.

Its name is taken from "Ken" for sword and the "zumi" from "nezumi" for mouse.

Kenzumi Fakedex Entry

#038 Fukapupu
The Toy Poodle Pokémon
Type: Normal
Color: White
Ability: Cute Charm
Height: 2’4
Weight: 23 lbs.
Male/Female: 50%/50%%
Evolves from: Pupakisu at lvl 16
Evolves into: Podorabu at lvel 25
Egg Type: Ground

It uses attacks based on shrill yelping or barking. It can be extremely annoying. Despite this, it is very affectionate to its owner; often licking him or her with its tongue. It is very devoted to its owner.

Based off my dog back home. Save this one is gray.

Name is taken from the "fuka" in "fukafuka" or fluffy and "pupu" which can be taken from puppy or, no pun intended, to French "pu-pu" aristocratic culture which poodles are associated with.

Fukapupu Fakedex Entry

#071 Hawaruka
The Dolphin Pokémon
Type: Water
Ability: Swift Swim
Height: 4’2
Weight: 70 lbs.

Can be found in the tropical waters swimming in groups of 10 or 20. They are very social creatures yet can be very aggressive if provoked. They used sound-based attacks to confuse and deter opponents. It is one of the fastest swimmers in the world.

Name is taken from Hawaii and "iruka" or dolphin.

Hawaruka Fakedex Entry

#113 Eguzaidoru
Pop Idol Pokemon
Type: Psychic
Height: 5'8
Weight: 175 lbs.

Eguzaidoru can only be a male. It comes from a evolution line that is determined by the gender of the basic pokemon. It uses its voice to control and infatuate people. Some of them have a truly beautiful voice that entrances the ears. However, there are some that are just god-awful yet the masses love them. No one is sure why.

Based on a Japanese male pop idol. Its name is derived from Eguzairu or "EXILE" (a very popular Japanese boy band) and "aidoru" or idol.

Eguzaidoru Fakedex Entry

#111 Aidasaki
Pop Idol Pokemon
Type: Psychic
Height: 5'4
Weight: 135 lbs.

Aidasaki is always a female pokemon. It uses its voice to lull the listener into control. Its voice has been compared to that of a muse and usually are at the top of the monthly popularity music charts. Despite this, there are some whose voice is comparable to dragging ones fingernails on a chalk board but people still love its voice.

Based on a female Japanese pop idol. Its name is derived from "aidoru" or Idol and "Hamasaki Ayumi" (a popular Japanese pop idol).

Aidasaki Fakedex Entry

#090 Faiasuta
The Star Pokemon
Type: Fire/Electric
Ability: Collapse/Levitate
Height: 4'2
Weight: 82 lbs.

Faiasuta is the Star Pokemon. Inside its body is store enough energy to provide electricity to several small towns. It will move slowly high in the sky. It is considered to be a powerful fire-type but despite this, it can be very unstable leading to one of it's abilities, Collapse. One Faiasuta reaches anywhere between 10-1% of health, it turns into a entirely different pokemon, Burakkusuta, until its healed. It has been hinted that if Faiasuta evolves while Collapse has been triggered, Burakkusuta will evolve instead of Faiasuta.

Based off a star. Its name is the Japanese pronunciation of fire and star.

Fakedex entry coming soon!

#092 Burakkusuta
The Black Hole Pokemon
Type: Dark/Psychic
Ability: Vacuum Space/Levitate
Height: 3'9
Weight: 55 lbs.

Burakkusuta is the product of Faiasuta's ability, Collapse. While stars don't naturally turn into black holes when they die, this one does (haha). It is completely black and only the eyes show light. It is said that energy is stored here. It's ability, Vacuum Space, negates any weaknesses thus allowing Burakkusuta to generally have no weaknesses.

Burakkusuta Fakedex Entry

I hope you enjoy these! I wanted to get this done before I left. I will continue working on this project when I return home from my trip. Hopefully I can finish my region map, some gym leaders, the regions evil organization, and, of course, lots of fakemon.

My favourite pokemon out of there has got to be Hawaruka, it looks AMAZING! :D, also Barukkusuta looks really cool, I wouldn't to battle it in a battle :p

Just one comment :(

I personally like the pop idol duo haha. I was trying to draw from Japanese pop fashion since Pokemon are sometimes based on it.

Jayj4 said:
My favourite pokemon out of there has got to be Hawaruka, it looks AMAZING! :D, also Barukkusuta looks really cool, I wouldn't to battle it in a battle :p

You mean you wouldn't want to battle it?? It would just suck everyone inside of itself haha.

.... I still wouldn't O_O :p
But seriously, it looks really cool :D

Thanks! I had this idea while randomly reading about black holes haha.

I apologize for the lack of updates and such. I am currently working on as we speak. The slowness of updates can be attributed to life, work, a new movie I ordered, and a chest pain that forced me to leave work early and go to the hospital. While not urgent, the process took 6 precious hours of the day from me. A lot of waiting, trying to communicate what exactly is wrong with me to the doctor, x-rays, blood work, another x-ray (though they argued it was different) and 2 separate doctors. And what was their diagnosis? Nothing. Nothing was wrong with me...yet. I left with two sets of painkillers and 8 adhesive minty medicinal patches to soothe the pain.

God I love Japan lol.

Sorry for the rant but needless to say I am back in the saddle; medicinal patches and all.

What to expect next:
- a finalized region map
- a new gym leader and other trainers
- new fakemon!!!

Your artwork is inspiring me. I have never tried just mousing a drawing like you have done here. Also the quality and the build of everything makes me want to go out and start scratch spriting again, like right now. Truly amazing work you got here, and i hope you can do great things with this stuff.

Wow, thanks! That helps me a lot! It is good to know that it helps inspire people. I am horrible at spiriting but I am wanting to get back into it so I can improve.

Hopefully I can finish this map by next week so I can get back into fakemon. I also redid several fakemon so I will post those up this weekend. As well, I am going to add poke thumbnails in the front page. Likewise, I decided (just now) to ditch the entire "game-leak-corpsman-type" updates. This means additional information such as moves, pokedex entries, locations, and evolutions. I will also add regional/national numbers to the fakemon but I am not going in order. I want to re-design this thread to resemble an actual pokedex.

I might be tempted to sprite some of these with your permission of course. Also as for making it look like Pokedex entries, I suggest using something like this: (Not mine, found on Google, but I know a friend who used to use a template similar, it looked a lot more professional.)

Oh, I have pokedex like entries for some of them (albeit just entries; not full pokedexes). Here is a link for them: http://hitokirib.deviantart.com/gallery/?26607360#Ongan-Fakedex.

However, I want to make one specifically for Pokebeach forums to make it easier to find the fakemon that I update with. As for sprites, that would be cool but if we discuss, it maybe we should go to PM.

Back