Collecting The "Look What I Pulled" & Pull Rates Thread

RE: The Tin or Promo Box "Pull Rates" Thread

For Christmas, I was given a Mega Metagross EX box and here were my pulls:
- SR M Charizard EX! (dragon type)
- Skarmory EX :/
- Reverse holo Enhanced Hammer
- Reverse holo DCE
- Muscle Band

And on top of those, I unexpectedly got a shiny Metagross EX and a shiny M Metagross EX! :p

On Monday I opened 2 Flasjfire 3 packs, they both contained Kangaskhan Ex's. And in the packs with the ex's they both had Binacle Reverses.

Edit: Jan 4th, 2015 I opened an Emboar Tin and a Reshiram Tin from Walgreens.

The Emboar Tin contained a Next Destinies, Dragons Exalted and Boundaries Crossed.
It contained a Rocky Helmet SR, this is my second Rocky Helmet SR, it's my 3rd duplicate SR overall. It's my 10th SR pulled, all from booster packs/tins/promo packs/etc (Not one from a booster box). It continues a streak for me of pulling at least 1 SR each month, in Oct I pulled 1, in Nov I pulled 2, in Dec I pulled 3.

The Reshiram Tin contained Legendary Treasures, Plasma Blast and Boundaries Crossed.
It contained a Dialga Ex. Right now Genesect Full Art is the only ex I need from the set.

I went to Target today in order to buy a Diancie Box, I found so many items it was hard to make a decision. I had the Diancie Box, Gallade Box, Mega Gengar Pin set, Kalos Starter Figure boxes... In the end I bought 4 Primal Clash/Mini Binder sets and 4 of these.

tumblr_nhdvyrfMkQ1r12rm4o8_r2_1280.jpg

I got 6 primal clash binders and I pulled a blaziken holo, M gardevoir ex, trevenant ex, aggron ex, whiscash ha rev, bunnelby ha rev, tentacool ha, bidoof ha, eleltrike ha, macargo ha

I went to two Target's to get some more of those 3 packs. I found that these seem to have a higher chance to get a holo/reverse rare/ex then any other promo box I've ever bought. Overall I found the XY packs had the best shot at getting an ex. Plasma Freeze had the worst pull rates.
So in other words if you buy 10 of them you are likely to get 8 or 9 boxes with a SR, ex, holo or two reverse rares and maybe 1-2 boxes with nothing.

1. Vivillon Holo
2. Blastoise FA, Electrode Holo
3. Yveltal Ex, G Scope Ace Spec, Machamp Holo, Conkelldur Rev
4. Random Receiver SR
5. Manaphy Holo, Raichu Rev, Garbodor Rev
6. M Blastoise Ex, Cofagrigus Holo, Hydreigon Rev, Reshiram Rev
7. Wigglytuff Rev, Muk Rev
8. Slurpuff Rev, Cofagrigus Rev
9. Dud box
10. Beedrill Rev, Nidoqueen Rev
11. Umbreon Holo, Cloyster Rev

It's almost as if Pokemon deliberately raised the holo ratios for these promo packs. It's funny I got Rev's of Raichu and Slurpuff as I still need the holos of those cards and I've opened so many XY packs. That Vivillon is my first one in over 100 XY packs. I'm currently only opening XY packs found in promo boxes since I finished the ex set.
The holo cards on the front are random, you have Red Genesect, Herdier Rev from Black and White, Fennekin Holo promo from the figure boxes, Eeveelutions from the Sylveon Collection.

Just bought a Blastoise-EX Tin for half price new (first TCG merchandise in since DRE), hoping for some XY packs for staples or Yveltal-EX:

2 FuF, 1 FF, 1PBL

I quite surprised myself when I found a Seismitoad-EX FA in one of my FuF packs...

I got that binder plus card pack from ebay yesterday.

3 note worthy cards were:

Reverse Holo Tangrowth

Rare Holo Aegislash

Aggron Spirit Link

Maserati777 where did you find the binders. I know target but what city. Im in Kalamazoo and havent found them.

Bought 21 of the primal clash mini binders
Opened 8 of them: 1 groudon EX, Sceptile AT holo, Azumarill AT holo
Selling the rest for MAXIMUM PROFITS BWAHAHA

I bought two more of those 3 packs from Target. Hoping they restock them soon.

tumblr_nhdvyrfMkQ1r12rm4o9_r1_1280.jpg

Thats my first Plasma Freeze secret rare, my second secret rare from these 3 packs and my 3rd secret rare pulled this week after Rocky Helmet in that tin from Walgreens and the Random Receiver from the previous 3 pack from Target.

Maserati777 said:
I bought two more of those 3 packs from Target. Hoping they restock them soon.

tumblr_nhdvyrfMkQ1r12rm4o9_r1_1280.jpg

Thats my first Plasma Freeze secret rare, my second secret rare from these 3 packs and my 3rd secret rare pulled this week after Rocky Helmet in that tin from Walgreens and the Random Receiver from the previous 3 pack from Target.

Wow. I really need to check my Target for those and the Primal Clash packs. Pull rates look great for both.

I got 3 of the Silver Special M Metagross EX packs from AmiAmi, and I was very pleased with the pull rates! Each one game with 6 packs in addition to the promos, 3 of Gaia Volcano and 3 of Tidal Storm. I pulled 2 EXes, 1 FA (Archie's Trump Card), and 6 holos in 18 packs, so I was actually happier with these pulls than I was with my boxes! :p The Metagross promos are also very nice. :D

I got the Hoenn collection for Christmas and pulled reverse holo Shauna and holo Venemoth :)

Also a blastoise tin pulled a Hawlucha EX

I got a Charizard Ex box today. My first one. I didn't buy it when it was released because I had stopped collecting XY and wasn't collecting Flashfire.

Anyways I still don't have 3 holos from XY and 2 secret rares from Flashfire so I open packs every once in a while. I didn't get any new cards. However...

tumblr_ni6zghcUwr1r12rm4o1_1280.jpg

That's actually my 4th Charizard Full Art pulled from a pack. That's my second Xerneas Full Art and tha'ts my second Vivillon. I got my first Vivillon Holo about a week ago from a 3 pack random reverse pack.

I put the image here in spoiler tags as it is rather large. - Brave Vesperia

Mega Diancie & Gallade EX Box

So, I have a question for all you who have opened the Gallade & Diancie Boxes, are they worth it? Please comment your pulls because I pretty much wasted 50 dollars on a box that had a play mat and a couple of promos (M. Metagross Box) and this time I don't want to waste money. Thanks in advance.

Pull rates for those types of products are never really standard. Some people will have good luck, others bad luck. If you're the type of person who typically buys smaller amounts of TCG cards (such as tins, 3-packs, or single packs), buying gift/promo sets is usually a good deal because you get packs for about the same price as you would usually pay but with some bonuses (in the form of promo cards, little figures, or whatever). However, if you're the type of person who is more monetarily conscious and tends to purchase singles or full booster boxes, I typically suggest only buying those promo products if you're interested in the promos and willing to write off the packs if you get bad luck.

Simply put, you just can't count on being lucky.

I buy a little of both, I've bought like 12 booster boxes since 2013 from various sets and haven't pulled a single secret rare from any of them. However I have pulled like 6 secret rares from singles/promo packs I bought at Target or Walmart in the last month.

I usually have really good luck with promo boxes and single packs. An example would be in November I bought like 10 Furious Fists booster packs and 4 Phantom Forces packs at Meijer, I got Mega Lucario Secret Rare, Lucario Full Art, Gengar Full Art and Dragonite Ex, then the next day I went to another Meijer bought like 9 Phantom Forces packs and got Full Metal Dialga, Full Art Manectric and Mega Gengar Ex.

But booster boxes are a different story, my first BC box had a Full Art Celebi, Full Art Bianca and 3 ex's, which is great I got new cards. The next month I bought another one and got 1 full art, Celebi...I've pulled 3 Full Art Celebi, 2 Full Art Cresselia, but I have yet to see Full Art's of the other 4 Pokemon.

Today I bought the Mega Diancie Box, it wasn't as good as my Mega Metagross boxes but it did have a Fossil Researcher Full Art and a Team Flare card.
I also got 3 tins, here's the best card I got.
tumblr_ni6zghcUwr1r12rm4o5_r1_1280.jpg

This card finishes my Plasma Blast set excluding secret rares.
tumblr_ni6zghcUwr1r12rm4o3_r1_1280.jpg
Only 5 of these are from booster boxes.

Here's the whole picture
tumblr_ni6zghcUwr1r12rm4o4_r1_1280.jpg
In case you're wondering the Reverse Pokemon Catcher and the Genesect Full Art were in the same pack.

What Meijer are you going to, I dont really have much luck from Mejiers where i get most of my packs is from target.

Back