The last few months of HGSS-On

Kingdra_fan

Aspiring Trainer
With the Suspected BW-On rotation now confirmed, and a Date set what decks do people want to play before they can't?

We are going to be loosing a big block of cards, and with that a lot of decks. Some Top Tier, Some Middle and some "Fun"

So does anyone have any Decks that are going to be heavily effected that they want to get one last tour of duty with before Worlds, and then Rotation comes?

Octillery! Man, I'm going to miss that deck. :/

If we go to cards in general, Smeargle, Junk Arm, PONT, Dual Ball, and RDL will be the ones I miss most.

I will be playing alot of Mewbox / Vileplume and Kingdra (duh.) Variants.

I have my decklist's sorted for BW-On, I know what I want to play / build so am going to enjoy some time playing some soon to be rotated cards :D
Might even play Troll Deck from the start of this season (Ambipom, Slowking, Weavile)

Well, I'll list off the major decks getting affected:

Vileplume decks - Do I need to explain this?

Zekeels - Loses Junk Arm, Smeargle, and Dual Ball. However, it's still viable if played right.

Terrakion- Get's a huge boost because of the slower format. Unfortunately, it has troubles with a lot of decks from Dragons, but theoretically it does get a huge boost.

Darkrai + friends: Loses Smeargle, Dual Ball, and Junk Arm, which really hurts it. However, it gets Hydreigon in Dragons, so it still will do very well.

Klinklang: Get's a boost with the slower format, but unfortunately Hydreigon outclasses it in almost every way.

CMT: lol

Empoleon/Terrakion: Gets a massive boost from the slower format. This deck isn't THAT great, but I expect it to be a ton better then it is now.

Durant: Would get boosted by the slower format, but the loss of Twins, Dual Ball, Collector, Junk Arm, and Special Metal make it very difficult to play.

I am going to miss Mew Prime. Alot. I love that card. It was so fun, and also made my D&D Deck shine way back when, giving me a solid counter to Tyram. Anyway, yea I'm going to have a huge hole in my heart after Mew rotates.

Donphan too. I made that deck from scratch back when it was a rouge and it took me places. It was the first deck I built on my own and it worked too. I love that card.

For the record, Mew EX isn't going to replace it because of the 2 Prize liability and the fact 120 HP is way to one-shotable.

Yes Mew Prime, He will be missed :(
Lostgar was my first deck when MD - HGSS was rotated. And I played the Mew Variant. Then I made Mewbox :D It was only recently I stopped using my Mew's and switched to other decks. I think I am going to have to re-make some mew decks for fun :p

I always wanted to try the Mew/Fezant/Vileplume deck, might as well make it now!

Mew Prime will be missed, but we do get Mew EX to replace it in the near future, so I'm not too upset about that. I feel it will replace Mew Prime rather well, despite the 2 prize liability. I feel it's more versatile, and it's easy to splash one or two of them with Prism into a deck.

I'm gonna miss Yanmega. Everybody said it got outclassed by Tornadus, but I actually still saw it do good at a few late-year tournaments.

I still remember when T+T was buying Yanmega Primes from people at nats for $20. They were also selling the 4 Boosters + Yanmega box for $20...but I think we will miss Spinarak HGSS most of all

I'm gonna stay out of predictions, because mine are usually really bad. But if the Japaneze Worlds Qualifiers were any indication, we're in for quite an interesting format.

I am hoping for an interesting format :)
As always, it's interesting adapting to the start of a new format. The pain that comes with going through your binder of playable / useable cards and having to removal all the rotated cards. I will be keeping some of my HGSS cards. I can't bring myself to sell my Mew Primes or Kingdra Primes :p Even if they simply become folder coasters.

But, looking forward to more new cards, more EX's and hopefully some more balance coming to the game. If anything, it will be refreshing to be swarmed with new decks / new variants of decks.

Will be interesting to play without Dual Ball / Junk Arm / Collector e.t.c as well.

RIP - PONT
My Favourite Hand Refresh

Chandy and Vileplume :'(. Infinity knows why.

CMT obviously is destroyed. It's also the final nail in the coffin for Durant, with the loss of Rotom, Collector and Twins. Trainer lock will be no more, except for maybe a few Accelgor. It's also right about time for Terrakion to kick the bucket. Most other decks like Darkrai and ZekEels will simply adapt to the loss of old cards and the influx of the new.

NO Terrakion Must stay!

I have been playing Drop it like it's hot lately (Fire chandy, Ninetails) I am going to miss playing this, wont be half as good without ninetails draw power!

Terrakion will still be good, in fact it will probably become top tier with Terrakion EX which just makes the deck incredibly strong.

Darkrai can OHKO regular Terrakion with Hydreigon, and the EX with Shaymin. Garchomp 2HKOs both while being 2HKOed back by both, but Garchomp is faster.

Plus Tool Scrapper.

im playing with my dark deck before my weavile/houndoom/junk arm/pont are rotated

Since Dutch nats has already happened, and I‘m not going to Worlds this year, I‘m going to enjoy ridiculous Yanmega toolboxes, Jirachi acceleration and Mew Prime at League for the next few months.

If I can't go to Nats or after Nats I'll be playing BW-On at my league for the most part since HGSS-On won't be relevant as far as tournamnets go.

Back