BW/BW2 The Isshu Region Speculation Thread (now with new larger map!)

RE: The Isshu Region Speculation Thread

Launch said:
I quickly stuck together the region map from the scans (horrible quality, so hopefully we'll get a better version later).

isshumap.png

It looks like there are actually plenty of cities, so it is still possible to fit all the gyms. It also shows us that there are cities north, south and to the east of the left mountain (under the clouds in the previous map, supposedly).

Another thing you can see is the Up/Down arrows at the bottom of the map. Could this mean there are more routes/cities to the north and/or south? Possibly a set of islands? (It would explain the lack of any surf routes). Though maybe I'm just reading too much into things. xD

Well if you look at the furthest dot on the map there is a line extending outwards to the water. So I am pretty sure that and with those arrows it confirms there is more that we can't see.

And if you look closely, there are small, orange dots that are coloured in that arent connected, several ontop of areas revealed in the Isshu map such as the behive-thing and the airport, and the windmills.

P Raz said:
Well if you look at the furthest dot on the map there is a line extending outwards to the water. So I am pretty sure that and with those arrows it confirms there is more that we can't see.

By the looks of the map, maybe there are more than 8 gyms in total for Isshu. An unlikely possibility, but who knows? They might follow the anime where there are unknown gyms out there than the standard 8.

I don't think this has been said yet (sorry if it has), but am I the only one thinking that the dual-coloured castle-thing is the location of Black City/White Forest? Because apparently they are both in the same place in Isshu.

Timeshift said:
I don't think this has been said yet (sorry if it has), but am I the only one thinking that the dual-coloured castle-thing is the location of Black City/White Forest? Because apparently they are both in the same place in Isshu.
That could be another version change. Apparently other cities/towns will have different appearances as well. :D
I'd say that B. City and W. Forest is covered by clouds

my Question of the week is... Where do think Black City/ White Forest will be?

I personally suspect that Black City/White Forest is the odd split place, like some others. I think it should be, because for some reason having such an important (inventive idea of different places) location thrown to the side somewhere would feel strange.

As for Isshu's location itself, NYC and the Songhai region seem to be the most likely possibilities, both having major important features (the shapes of the rivers and coasts, the water shape in the middle). Both also have features, though, that make it seem unlikely. Songhai's coastlines and rivers are slightly innacurate, but it could be that it's slightly compressed. NYC is almost perfect in shape (if you compress them to the same zoom and size), but it also is very tiny, and I would hope that they wouldn't make a region so small.
However, smaller regions also means more regions, and more realistic size comparisons. I find it unlikely that I would be able to walk across the real-life location of Sinnoh in ten minutes, or whatever it takes. New York city seems a little more realistic.

I believe Isshu is based of New York rather than Songhai because of Wargle. Red, white, and blue... Bald eagle... Native American head dress...

Giuseppe said:
I believe Isshu is based of New York rather than Songhai because of Wargle. Red, white, and blue... Bald eagle... Native American head dress...
I think it's New York either way because I mean LOOK AT THE SHAPE!

I don't know I am guessing it is based on somewhere in Japan. I don't really care where it might be based at. Also I hope that there is some close up images soon to come on some of the towns in the game and also some information about the towns.

I know believe that Chiraamii is NOT the Rattata of Isshu... Rattata/Sentret/Zigzagoon/Bidoof are all listed before 20, but Chiraamii is 78...
It might be nothing.. but, still, it's a big difference.

Shimama-man said:
I know believe that Chiraamii is NOT the Rattata of Isshu... Rattata/Sentret/Zigzagoon/Bidoof are all listed before 20, but Chiraamii is 78...
It might be nothing.. but, still, it's a big difference.

I have a A&Q.
Minezumi is probably the Rattata of this gen.
And where did u get the dex number? Show me where!

And this belongs in "Random Speculations"

rockinpikachu said:
I have a A&Q.
Minezumi is probably the Rattata of this gen.
And where did u get the dex number? Show me where!

And this belongs in "Random Speculations"
http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/?a001=flash#/story/story02.html
I was going through the pictures.. I thought it should go here because it is about Isshu's rodent pokemon.
I never thought about Minezumi as the rodent 'mon... What will it's evo look like!?!?!
Back on topic... If all these aesthetic changes are happening, does that mean there is hidden cities not shown on the map?

For those who don't know here is a link to a video that shows where the Isshu Region is based off of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dLNZWejhqE&playnext_from=TL&videos=-eY83hhyREM&feature=sub

alexf1996 said:
For those who don't know here is a link to a video that shows where the Isshu Region is based off of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dLNZWejhqE&playnext_from=TL&videos=-eY83hhyREM&feature=sub
yay now we know that the isshu region isn't based off new york.

More similar than New York ,but I didnt heard well the name of the city.

Back