The "I got ripped off" thread

Meaty said:
Oh, I forgot. It stinks how value changes. Back when RR was the newest set I traded my Luxray GL Lv.X, Ninetales MT, 3 Call energy(1 Reverse) and a Palkia Lv.X promo for a Leafeon Lv.X. It was fair back then, based on value. Lefaeon was worth like 40$ and all my cards added up sorta matched it. Now Leafeon's worth like 30$, Call Energys are worth like 7$ each, and Luxray GL Lv.X is worth like 50$. -.- It's all about what time era you trade in...

I was just bringing this back up because naturally, now Luxray and Calls have only gone up in value. I keep feeling worse and worse about this...

I am so mad at this trade! I traded my Cresselia LV.X for a Tyranitar EX (POP1), an Absol SW, and 2 other really bad cards..... I didn't know what I was doing when I traded it, though..... And I can't believe the guy ripped me off!! Grrrrrrrrr.....

Azelf Master said:
I didn't know you'd do that Dmaster... :p
Rip=My Uxie X their 2x JPN Deckboxes and Jumpluff 2 weeks ago
Rip= My luxray X their Darkrai playmat, Kingdra Prime, commons fail

The only real reason why I bumped this hella old thread is that someone made a new thread. I'm sure there's been others made before as well. This seemed like the most official one that's at least the most recent...

I traded a LOT and I mean a lot for a RH Regice. Tons of cards and like $20. I was seriously desperate at the time...That was a mistake.

dmaster out.

I'm not sure if this is a bad trade, but would five Bebe's and a RH Jumpluff be bad for a Raikou/Suicune Legend?

PikachewTofu said:
I'm not sure if this is a bad trade, but would five Bebe's and a RH Jumpluff be bad for a Raikou/Suicune Legend?

I wouldnt really qualify that as too bad, especially since bebe's just came out as a league promo. Depends on how bad you wanted the legend

Yeah, I needed that Legend badly for a deck, so I guess it wasn't too bad and I still have three Bebe's leftover.

Way back when Jungle was new and fake cards were rampant, I traded Real Kangaskhan for Fake Mewtwo from a begging kid.

When I first began playing TCG I traded my rare hitmonchan BS for a shinx.<.<

PikachewTofu said:

RH jumpluffs are worth 25$ and RS legends is complete trash....

LORDY JONES said:
RH jumpluffs are worth 25$ and RS legends is complete trash...

Theyre not worth nearly 25 dollars. 10-15 is the average on ebay (just checked)

I forgot to mention the time I got like 8 packs once, and most of the pulls were good, but a friend of mine kept trading those cards off of me by giving me uncommons for rares, non-holo rares for a holo, and if I refused, he would have been in a *****ing tirade about how unfair I am for refusing his trades and I was really stupid and gullible at the time. It was painful to see all the good cards I just got being scammed off of me slowly and painfully.

Good thing, I more adamant and skeptical and will not fall for this again and I'm no longer friends with that manipulative ****.

LORDY JONES said:
RH jumpluffs are worth 25$ and RS legends is complete trash...
I found an RH Jumpluff on eBay for $10 just like minimidget94. I also knew Jumpluff wouldn't last much longer and I didn't even want it.

ace310j said:
I traded my
Gyarados star
Jolteon Star

For his:
Snorlax X

Worst...trade...ever...

I tend to force myself to forget bad trades, but here's a recent one:

CATS had just come out, and most of the packs from the box had been traded for. All Primes had been accounted for (two Celebi, two Yanmega) and one legend had been pulled (Groudon & Kyogre LEGEND) I am a big collector of Japanese cards and I wanted these. So, I traded a Gallade 4 Lv.X and a Crobat Prime for five packs (that's all the traders would insist upon) Considering I had a good chance of pulling a legend, I was happy. But, I pulled nothing. Then, someone else traded for the last four packs and pulled: Rayquaza & Deoxys LEGEND. AND. Electrode Prime. I was quite mad. Should have just stuck with the first pack I traded for (which I pulled a Yanmega Prime) I ended up trading for the Groudon & Kyogre LEGEND and a Celebi Prime.

Meh. (I like to build suspense!)

Here's another one:

This was when LuxApe was popular

My: Infernape 4 Lv.X
His: Magnezone Lv.X
I really needed it for a deck. I can call it my first competitive deck ever, but that's another story.

PikachewTofu said:
I found an RH Jumpluff on eBay for $10 just like minimidget94. I also knew Jumpluff wouldn't last much longer and I didn't even want it.

ace310j said:
I traded my
Gyarados star
Jolteon Star

For his:
Snorlax X

Worst...trade...ever...

I know I was sick when I found out.

ace310j said:
Worst...trade...ever...

I know I was sick when I found out.
[/quote]

I would try and win the lottery or get a high paying job to buy those cards back. I collect Gyarados', I so could have used that Shining one...

DiGiTalMInD said:
First week of RR's release, traded away Luxray GL X for Mismagius GL X. I still want to smash things when I think about it. (Sort of) made up for it by trading that away for a Floatzel GL X.

I made the EXACT same trade at the Pre-Release! :( (But then i traded Mismagius and a couple of other cards for a Claydol.) :D

Decmaster said:
I tend to force myself to forget bad trades, but here's a recent one:

CATS had just come out, and most of the packs from the box had been traded for. All Primes had been accounted for (two Celebi, two Yanmega) and one legend had been pulled (Groudon & Kyogre LEGEND) I am a big collector of Japanese cards and I wanted these. So, I traded a Gallade 4 Lv.X and a Crobat Prime for five packs (that's all the traders would insist upon) Considering I had a good chance of pulling a legend, I was happy. But, I pulled nothing. Then, someone else traded for the last four packs and pulled: Rayquaza & Deoxys LEGEND. AND. Electrode Prime. I was quite mad. Should have just stuck with the first pack I traded for (which I pulled a Yanmega Prime) I ended up trading for the Groudon & Kyogre LEGEND and a Celebi Prime.

Meh. (I like to build suspense!)

Here's another one:

This was when LuxApe was popular

My: Infernape 4 Lv.X
His: Magnezone Lv.X
I really needed it for a deck. I can call it my first competitive deck ever, but that's another story.

This might actually pay off in the long run if Magnezone Prime or Magnezone with ER Legend ever gets big, which I think one of them will, not sure which.

Back