The "I got ripped off" thread

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.
Okay this is thr thread where you discuss horrible trades you've made before and now regret.

I'll start.

At a Platinum Prerelease, I traded a Giratina Lv.X for an Electabuzz reprint. At the same prerelease, I was gonna trade a Blastoise PL and Delcatty PL for 2 Pachirisu GE (which is already unfair for me), but the guy said no deal unless I threw in my only Claydol. Which I did. I was a noob and I feel stupid. I don't like ripping people off because I don't want otehr people to feel taht way.

First trade I ever made, I was seven or eight. I traded my Jungle Electabuzz for a Diglett. I had no idea what the little markings at the bottom right corner of the card meant and the kid I traded with told me he didn't know. I ended up getting it back in the end though.

When I was a kid I sold all of my base-set holos for 20 bucks :(...and I had them all. But I really wanted Pokemon Blue and all I needed was 20 more dollars to get it. So I was really happy I got pokemon blue and didn't realize until a year later that I got ripped off but I had stopped collecting the cards so I didn't really care. :x

About a couple months ago I needed a Regice LA for my Gyarados deck and I was so desperate for it (nobody had it locally at the time) that I traded a couple Holos for it and $20. Now I don't even play Gyarados (so it's sitting in my binder) and a lot of people have them. _-_

dmaster out.

At my AR/PA/AA prelease, I was offered to trade my Tangrowth Lv.X for their Gengar Lv.X. Guess who refused. :[

When I started pokemon I pulled the sweetest pack ever! 2 Claydols in the same pack! I was a noob and the same day I traded one for a GE tangrowth:(. I still have the Holo one though :).

Oh, I forgot. It stinks how value changes. Back when RR was the newest set I traded my Luxray GL Lv.X, Ninetales MT, 2 Call energy(1 Reverse) and a Palkia Lv.X promo for a Leafeon Lv.X. It was fair back then, based on value. Lefaeon was worth like 40$ and all my cards added up sorta matched it. Now Leafeon's worth like 30$, Call Energys are worth like 7$ each, and Luxray GL Lv.X is worth like 50$. -.- It's all about what time era you trade in...

Grr. Once I traded a Uxie LA for a Charmeleon SR. It was RH, and it was when Uxie was worth a lot.... Noob days.... *Sigh*

Juliacoolo said:
Grr. Once I traded a Uxie LA for a Charmeleon SR. It was RH, and it was when Uxie was worth a lot.... Noob days.... *Sigh*

Right there with ya buddy. ;)

Majestic Dawn Pre-Release... I traded my Garchomp LvX for 3 SW Magmortars (touché Mudkip!)

First week of RR's release, traded away Luxray GL X for Mismagius GL X. I still want to smash things when I think about it. (Sort of) made up for it by trading that away for a Floatzel GL X.

when I started collecting in japan I traded a floatzel GL lv. x for a non-holo blissey because I hated it. YAAAAAAY!

Kk. This guy had Magnezone X. I needed it for tourney. So...I traded this:
Infernape E4 X+$5 for Magnezone X. MAGNEZONE X. MAGNEZONE!!!

Also, back in my noobiest days, I traded away about 8 holos, 2 NON TIN X's(Heatran and Rhyperior, NON TIN) for the same amount of cards, but this kid would not let me choose any holos or reverse holos. So I left that trade w/ like a MD Torterra. God. Lol. And this one girl at my league...back then...traded Lux X for 3 dollars and like 2 smokes. My god...lol.

sonicyellow said:
4 years ago, i made a HORRIBLE trade, so bad i shall not post it here ;)

Come on, we all started as noobs! :)

Back