The "I got ripped off" thread

Once I traded my Mesprit X, Heatran X (pack), and Machamp X for Time space Distortion.

it was when i was new and he said it was a 50 dollar card.. then I went home and looked it up and it was 30 tops everywhere -_-

It was when GE first came out, I had 5 Claydols, I traded all 5 Claydols for a non-promo Darkrai X. I didn't notice how much Claydol was worth until a season later.

I traded a hockey stick for a Fossil Promo Mew. So I kinda ripped that guy off. He did say he would be willing to give me the Mew cause he really really wanted a hockey stick.

This thread is for times that trades were unfair on your side, not when you ripped someone off...

my bro traded a BTS for 4 shinx thinking it was a good deal

i just today traded
my
arceus promo (omnicient)
tangrowth x
palkia GE x (pack)
spiritomb AR
their
dialga g x
dusknoir x
expert belt
random misamigus

i got ripped of by 5$ so mad at that person
i dont know what was on my mind

Not that horrible really it was fair back then but I once traded a Luxray GL Lv.X, Palkia Lv.X(promo), Ninetales MT and 2 Call Energy (1 RH) for just a Lefeon Lv.X. Today Luxray GL Lv.X alone is worth more than Leafeon and Call Energies are like impossible to find, let alkone RH ones. But hey, it was fair back then (around RR's time). Values go up. No one's psychic.

worst trade ever, first booster I got was base set with holo venasuar, traded that for a hitmonchan. i've regretted that trade ever since.

varit said:
worst trade ever, first booster I got was base set with holo venasuar, traded that for a hitmonchan. i've regretted that trade ever since.

That wasn't a bad trade at all. At the time of base set, Hitmonchan along with Scyther and Electabuzz was part of the best deck in the format (Haymaker). Now adays, since Hitmonchans reprint in Platinum, the guy is worth about 25 bucks.

I am very aware of hitmonchan's annoyingness but it's just one of those things that never truly sat well with me. at the time before haymaker was considered cause base set just came out it was considered a bad trade and I don't have that card cause that is a whole other kettle of fish.

karimsoliman94 said:
my bro traded a BTS for 4 shinx thinking it was a good deal

i just today traded
my
arceus promo (omnicient)
tangrowth x
palkia GE x (pack)
spiritomb AR
their
dialga g x
dusknoir x
expert belt
random misamigus

i got ripped of by 5$ so mad at that person
i don't know what was on my mind

I would make that trade in your shoes, any day.

I traded a my Time-Space Distortion for someone's Electivire Lv. X at the MT prerelease. They even had to think about if they were going to do the trade.

At the SV pre-release, I traded Flygon X and 2 Flygon for Electivire FB Lv.X and an Electivire FB.

Haha, my fault really. We thought around here it would be worth some good money.

Once upon a time in a prerelease TR tournament when I was about 10 years old, I traded (I think by mistake though) my most coveted Base Charizard for a TR Oddish and a TR Charmander. Beat that.

I traded nearly all my Pokemon cards for a Nintendo Gamecube along with about 8 games and a controller. This was in 2005. I had every set from Base to Team Rocket, and a few Gym 1 cards.

That's not really so bad. But just rase the money for teh gamecube nest time. XP

@paddy185: when I really needed 2 Pachirisu GE at a PL prerelease I traded a Delcaty and Blastoise from PL, which was already fair, but the guy pretty much forced me to throw in my only Claydol. By forcing we mean they insisted so strongly and back then I could never get the cards I was looking for so I was excited.

Flygon Lv.X for Dialga G Lv.X back when they were both worth about $40.
Gengar Lv.X for Azelf.
Infernape 4 Lv.X for Lucario Lv.X and Palkia MD.
I would feel bad asking to take the trades back is the thing.

my: RR PR sleeves THEIR: magmortar deck promo, non holo giratina
I was a noob and they were a professor

Back