BW/BW2 The Future Games Speculation Thread

I doubt that would happen, Blake. Simply because they have never been released on the same day internationally in the past.

I'm honestly shocked they're coming out so soon.
Does that mean these games have been in the works for a while now, or they're just not putting as much effort into the games?

Slowpr0 said:
Does that mean these games have been in the works for a while now, or they're just not putting as much effort into the games?

Of course they have been in the works for a while. They didn't just decide to do this. They most likely plan out exactly what they plan to do with the generation before even starting, then just work on them throughout the generation.

Grizzly said:
I doubt that would happen, Blake. Simply because they have never been released on the same day internationally in the past.

This, plus the fact that they have only shown the Pokemon. They showed Reshiram and Zekrom internationally at the same time, same with this.

Grizzly said:

Yes, but neither have games been revealed internationally within 30 minutes of each other.

Slowpr0 said:

I was reading the comments of the Kotaku story, and someone mentioned reading on a forum that someone who claimed to be an insider with Game Freak said that there would be no Gray, and would instead be BW sequels. This was apparently like 5 months. Who knows if the guy was telling the truth or predicting an outcome.

TDL said:
This, plus the fact that they have only shown the Pokemon. They showed Reshiram and Zekrom internationally at the same time, same with this.

Eh. Reshiram and Zekrom weren't shown internationally at the same time. Sure, they were shown before BW released in Japan, but it was still a good month or two gap.

Chariblaze said:
Eh. Reshiram and Zekrom weren't shown internationally at the same time. Sure, they were shown before BW released in Japan, but it was still a good month or two gap.

I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. Reshiram and Zekrom were both revealed on May 28, 2010 to English and Japanese players.

Oh. All right, they were revealed on the same date. But that was the date NA heard of BW. Wasn't BW revealed earlier in Japan? I can almost swear it was something like this.

Where as B2W2 as well as the Kyurem formes were revealed simultaneously in NA and Japan.

Chariblaze said:
Oh. All right, they were revealed on the same date. But that was the date NA heard of BW. Wasn't BW revealed earlier in Japan? I can almost swear it was something like this.

I 'believe' Reshiram and Zekrom were revealed a week after CoroCoro first showed BW, but I might be wrong. I'll check later.

scaled.php

New logo! Source: IGN.

Mmm, are you sure it's official and not a Photoshop job done by IGN? On the actual boxes, the 2 would need to be really near each logo.

Making a fake logo is probably incredibly easy. And if the Japanese logos are something to go by (most likely not, as sometimes the Japanese logos have things not on English logos-see FR/LG, they had the fire and the leaf on the Japanese logos but not on the English ones-I think HG/SS is the first game to do this -correct me if I'm wrong) then there may be red/blue on the logos.
See fake box art, there have been many made, and while they look convincing (I saw a brilliant HG one somewhere), they are undoubtedly fake. Just wait, I bet a few 'leaked' box art images will be cropping up soon.
EDIT: Look what I found http://www.3dsvlog.com/2012/02/26/pokemon-black-and-white-2-box-art-mock-up-and-u-s-release-date/ , http://vgboxart.com/view/45936/pokemon-black-version-2-cover/ (There are more, but they are either incredibly similar with only minor details changed or exactly the same.

I'm a skilled designer in Photoshop, I can honestly that logo is created but not officially created.

I am wondering if we are getting close to a Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remake, because if you have noticed they have been giving away a lot of 3rd gen Pokemon lately. For example the Shiny Rayquaza that will be given out via wifi for Japanese copies of B/W, and also the Groudon and Kyogre that will be given out at the Fukuoka Pokemon Center. Of course this is just speculation on my part but I do hope it comes true!

I think it wouldn't really have a positive affect if we are to get R/S remakes. With all the hints we've been getting (Dive being used as an apparent test run, the Dive Ball getting it's old feature back, 3rd Gen Pokemon being released as events etc.) I think that Nintendo/Gamefreak would get more profit having a different region (maybe just Unova again but after TP's plans have been foiled) in B2W2.

Hoenn, in my opinion, will not appear in BW2.. Because, honestly, it would mean one less game they could release.

Black and White 2 = Third Version & Hoenn remakes
OR
Hoenn Remakes + Black and White 2 = 1 more main series game = more money to make.

I believe the RS remakes will be out next year, probably get an announcement around this time next year.

However, I do wonder do they have any plans for more spin-off titles soon. After all, why not release BW2 in September? Just a few months later? I think a new spinoff will be announced in the Fall, with a release early next year. Possibly the next Mystery Dungeon title.

I don't think we will see RS remakes before gen 6, as they want to use the 3DS engine on gen 6 first, and they obviously can't release a game for the DS in one year anymore. Even B2W2 are streching it (DS release) annoyingly far to save the freshness of 3D for gen 6.

Didn't Game Freaks stated that just as the previous generation was about evolution this generation would be about duality -Black vs White-, I think that under that light it would make sense for them to make two games instead of just one expansion. This obviously plays in their predetermined plan.

Speaking of speculation on remakes for Ruby and Sapphire, wouldn't the hints for them include Basculin, as it has a Red Stripe form (for Ruby), and a Blue Strpie form (for Sapphire), and also the colours for Reshiram's fire, and Zekrom's thunder being Red and Blue, respectively?

Back