XY The Dumbest Thing You Did in Pokémon Games?

RE: What is the dumbest thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

Released my Feraligatr in Crystal when I was 8 because I thought the game would stop me... worst day ever.

RE: What is the dumbest thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

I was playing my brother's Sapphire version, he had just gotten the master ball. SInce I was three I decided it was a good idea to go to route one ( or whatever the first route was called) and used the master ball to catch a zigzagoon. Lets say that my brother was really angry as at that time we thought that the only way you could catch a legendary was to use the master ball :p

My most recent duhh moment was earlier this week. I found a shiny Forretress in the friend safari! But before super training it, I decided to do some battling in the Battle Chatue. Eventually after I leveled up my pokés, (including the shiny), I discovered that I had the Forretress in my party the whole time. It had gained around 700-800 random evs :/ So I had to reset the game, deleting about 2 hours worth of gameplay and setting my pokémon's levels back down from 51 to 1. So it was pretty annoying having to go back through that process.

I think that when I was younger, around 12-13, I found a shiny Seviper without realizing that the colors were different from usual. So that was pretty bad. Other than that, teaching my Swampert in Sapphire four hm's was a really bad idea.

Two things of mine stick out:
- I caught my first legitimate shiny, a Sharpedo, in Sapphire way back when, and I migrated it to Diamond without cloning it - then my save file got corrupted and I lost it and several competitive Pokemon. Definitely my stupidest mistake.
- I was able to catch the Naval Rock Ho-Oh and Lugia about a year after the Sharpedo, but I believe I made the same mistake as with Sharpedo and lost them to Diamond. >.>
- My biggest in-game blunder was in Yellow, where I had a level 70-odd Pikachu but couldn't beat Koga - I was pretty young. I decided to pick it back up last year and finished it in two hours - talk about suspense.

Dedenne the Electric Fairy Type said:
My most recent duhh moment was earlier this week. I found a shiny Forretress in the friend safari! But before super training it, I decided to do some battling in the Battle Chatue. Eventually after I leveled up my pokés, (including the shiny), I discovered that I had the Forretress in my party the whole time. It had gained around 700-800 random evs :/ So I had to reset the game, deleting about 2 hours worth of gameplay and setting my pokémon's levels back down from 51 to 1. So it was pretty annoying having to go back through that process.

This is especially painful because it is possible to find a training bag to reset a Pokemon's EVs and would've been the answer to your problems.

P.DelSlayer said:
Dedenne the Electric Fairy Type said:

this is especially painful because it is possible to find a training bag to reset a Pokemon's EVs and would've been the answer to your problems

OMG! I never thought of that! *hitting head on wall*
Big duhh moment now. :D
But who knows how long it would have taken to get one of those. :/

I once traded all of my good Pokemon from my Pearl version to HeartGold, then I left HeartGold in my pocket one day. The save file was broken and the game was ruined. So I had to restart Pearl AND get a copy of SoulSilver. FML.

Prince Dedenne said:
P.DelSlayer said:
this is especially painful because it is possible to find a training bag to reset a Pokemon's EVs and would've been the answer to your problems

OMG! I never thought of that! *hitting head on wall*
Big duhh moment now. :D
But who knows how long it would have taken to get one of those. :/

They're fairly Un common but I get 4 or 5 an hour if I'm needing them. That's on a bad day. I got 6 within 30 minutes once.

So I'm in the middle of Nuzlocking Platinum, grinding my team to take on Gardenia, when all of a sudden, my Bronzor catches Pokerus! I'm beside myself, since this is the first time I've ever caught Pokerus ingame, and I rush to battle Gardenia. In the middle of the battle, I go to do something else, and turn my 2DS off.

*processing... please wait*

I didn't save my game.

This was fifteen minutes ago, and I'm currently bashing my head against the wall because of my stupidity.

Well, only recently, something really silly I did was when I was playing Pokemon Conquest, I was just pressing the 'a' button. I looked down when a Pokemon fainted. It turned out that I knocked out my own Pokemon. I learned my lesson: Pay attention when pressing the 'a' button.

Well, today I caught a Shiny Pinsir in a Bug Safari, my first Shiny ever caught and it only took me 7 minutes to find it, I went to the Settings in the 3DS... and well, I forgot to save and I lost it.

True story: I was playing LeafGreen. I ran into a shiny Metapod. Used ember. Killed it. The same day (No kidding) I run into a shiny Zubat. Killed it. (on accident) I didn't know my power...

Re: What is the dumbest thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

I evolve my shiny vulpix that I spent so much time to chain -.-;.

Shiny Ninetales is cool but sometimes I want my Shiny Vulpix back.

IgnisMagister said:
True story: I was playing LeafGreen. I ran into a shiny Metapod. Used ember. Killed it. The same day (No kidding) I run into a shiny Zubat. Killed it. (on accident) I didn't know my power...

Two shinies in one day on LG? WOW.

Jakeremix said:
IgnisMagister said:

Two shinies in one day on LG? WOW.

Yeah, I am still baffled this day. This happened two years ago...

I once found a Shiny Graveler in Heartgold Version, and I accidentally ran. Then, directly after this battle, I encountered a shiny magmar and ran. I wonder if I'll ever see those again...

HoOhLugia said:
I once found a Shiny Graveler in Heartgold Version, and I accidentally ran. Then, directly after this battle, I encountered a shiny magmar and ran. I wonder if I'll ever see those again...

I know how it feels.

IgnisMagister said:
HoOhLugia said:

I know how it feels.

I know... I didn't get to register them in my Pokedex...

I reset an old game of mine, it had two shiny Pokémon in it; Spinda and Barboach. I forgot to trade them away before starting over. FML.

Back