Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

RE: How many different Vivillon formes exist in the TCG?

That's kind of a cool idea! Probably would be something like the PIkachu World Collection, but with different types of Vivillon instead.

Kind of ruins the fun and challenge of collecting all the patterns though.

If TCG cards were as easy to trade across the world as Vivillon in-game are, I would agree with you, but it's much more difficult (and expensive) for most people to get their hands on foreign language cards, especially non-English and non-Japanese.

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

Auride said:
omahanime said:
No, but sideloaders fit.

I looked around, and I can't seem to find anything like that (at least for trading cards). Can you clarify what you are referring to?

I can not find them on line either. They are small enough to fit in a thick top loader.

Missingno: I've got a living card pokedex too. It can be challenging to do in general, depending on what you do with it. First off, I wanted everything shiny. And FA for the appropriate Pokemon. Those that can be special (EX/LVX/Prime) are. I have Pokemon of both types in it (ie Blaziken has both Fire and Fighting). If they have alternate patterns (like Castform) then they do. I'm interested to know what you do that's the same and that's different.

As for Vivillion, I only knew about the original two and the german version. Love to see the links to the others.

Luispipe8 said:
Also Spanish and Portuguese. The sets aren't released until a few months, but they will have a different pattern for sure.

Well I have seen videos of cards in Spanish.

Pikachu6319: Here's how I go about my living card pokedex. Earliest appearance, in English, rarest version in the set, no reverse holos. For example, the entry for Zekrom would be filled by Zekrom from Black and White Base set, Full Art Ultra Rare. Another example would be Delphox, where I used the holo from XY Beginning set. For stuff from base-fossil, I just go with what I believe are referred to as the unlimited versions i.e not shadowless, first edition etc.

A large part of what influenced these parameters was the fact the collecting the pokedex started as a nostalgia driven endeavour. I knew that I wanted all the RBY and GSC pokemon as I remembered them in TCG form from when I was young.

As for formes, I don't have any guidelines really. It's more flexible in that section of the collection and I just go with whichever printing strikes my fancy. So far, the only foreign card is a promo Spiky-eared Pichu that exists only in Japanese as far as I know. Still waiting for autumn & winter deerling/sawsbuck, hoping for the release of a Vivillon collection, and wondering how Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist's sizes will be reflected in the cards!

Great to know of a fellow living pokedex collector. It was very interesting to read what you did with yours. Sounds like it's a sight to behold.

Autumn Deerling (but not Sawsbuck) happened in Japan, by the way.

Man I wish Marine Vivillon (the Italian one) existed in English. It's one of my favourite patterns.

Oh. it's quiet interesting. The only cards not shiny in my dex are the fighting (rock) versions of Omanyte and Omastat from Neo Discovery and the POP version of Surskit that is a water type, all because they were never holo. I usually go for the ones that I think are best as wel, like Blastoise for example; the earliest is Base Set but I have the Boundaries Crossed one since it's the same thing but more HP and more damage, for what that's worth, Usually Pokepowers, especially on final evolutions and legendaries, take precendence unless I think the attack is really bad So with your exanple with Delphox, I used the XY version once I got it, but until that point it was the beginnings set Delphox I used. I don't really pay attention to first edition or regular, shadowless or regular either.

I really want the last two season of Deerling/Sawsbuck too. I do want to see how they handle Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist. Other things I want is a purple Venusaur line to reflect the color change in poison from the DP era, along with anyone else who falls into that. I want the same thing for Vileplume to follow the Oddish/Gloom in Great Encounters. I kind of want fighting versions for Cobalion, Virizion, both Keldeos, along with several others like Pignite/Emboar and Palpitoad/Seismatoad. Dragon card versions of Reshiram and Zekrom. That kind of thing.

I should see if I can make a video of the living card dex and post it. :)

New pin blisters out.

3 XY boosters with either Xerneas or Yveltal pin.

omahanime said:
New pin blisters out.

You mean they should be in stores since today/tomorrow? Because that's great.

Eron said:
omahanime said:
New pin blisters out.

I spotted in stores today. Look like they may have been released Friday.

omahanime said:
Eron said:

I spotted in stores today. Look like they may have been released Friday.

Oh that's great, I will try to buy one of those next week.

Older Pokemon Cards

Hey guys,

After years of getting out of Pokemon, I finally have gotten back into it. I recently started playing the games (Red and Silver) again in the last few months, and wow, did they bring back great memories of childhood. I plan on buying all the new games and slowly beating them all as I can only imagine how great the new games must be. I felt like a kid all over again lol. I just began to collect the cards again and have to start from scratch (since I gave my cards to my neighbor when I was a kid). I plan on collecting many of the newer cards from the 90's which were the main cards for me growing up. And after doing some research, i finally decided to purchase from a pokemon card website. I bought some cards from the base set (since those were my favorite as a kid). I still have some more money to spend, so I just wondering what you else you guys think I should buy if I'm looking to start collecting again and am interested in more the 90's era cards (like which specific cards from certain older sets).
The website I purchased from was: http://www.tonsofcardsandmore.com

I'm looking for cards that are harder to find (more specifically the holos but also any harder to find rares or uncommons), mainly from the older sets though since this was my childhood days. If you guys have any knowedlge from your own collection or could help in general, it would be great. I'm really looking to build a great collection again and this time hold onto it for years.

Welcome back! I also got back into the TCG two years ago due to a bit of nostalgia.

You should check out Professor-Oak; they have quite a selection although some prices are ludicrous. Most of the old cards from Base, Jungle, and Fossil are reasonable enough and his return policy is excellent. You can also check out The Collector's Showcase for some ideas on how to expand your own collection. It is also a great place to share pictures of your own.

Hey peoples,

i found out that i have a 2008 countdown calender box still sealed.
i tried looking up what it would be worth but prices varied enormously.
can any of you help me? i would really like to now if i have a small goldmine here :D

hope this works but there is an image of what it lookes like as an attachment

Attachments

• TCG_CountDown_Calendar_by_EeveeFanClub.jpg
    TCG_CountDown_Calendar_by_EeveeFanClub.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 16

I seen them go for 200 bucks on ebay

SCf3 said:
One of my friends got these repackaged cards/packs from Target. They're apparently official. Here's some pictures!

Im happy those are in US Stores Bulbapedia said they might not.

Anyone know where I could find the marbles that came with the pokeball as a storage place?

Back