Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

As far as purchasing goes, it really depends on how much you value that sort of condition. Some collectors only want mint cards; most are happy with near-mint. I actually have a specific cards I would consider in "played" condition because I like the card and was able to get them for dirt cheap so I didn't care. You should be able to get a M/NM Zapdos for not too expensive, though.

As far as purchasing goes, it really depends on how much you value that sort of condition. Some collectors only want mint cards; most are happy with near-mint. I actually have a specific cards I would consider in "played" condition because I like the card and was able to get them for dirt cheap so I didn't care. You should be able to get a M/NM Zapdos for not too expensive, though.

I agree. I still have some of the cards when I was just starting out with the TCG. I did not sell any of them because of their sentimental value. However, I would not hesitate to buy mint or near-mint cards if given the opportunity.

So I've asked for help regarding this before, but some time has passed and these are now the only cards I need to complete my collection of BW-P cards. If anyone can help me find:

078/BW-P Snivy JR Hokkaidō Pokémon Battle Train 2011 campaign
079/BW-P Tepig JR Hokkaidō Pokémon Battle Train 2011 campaign
080/BW-P Oshawott JR Hokkaidō Pokémon Battle Train 2011 campaign

Which were given out to participants in the 2011 Hokkaido JR Train campaign in a single pack containing all three I would REALLY appreciate it. I don't care where they are available from (private seller, japan, ebay, whatever) as long as someone can help me find somewhere they are available. I've been looking for 2 years now and haven't had any good leads. :(

So I've asked for help regarding this before, but some time has passed and these are now the only cards I need to complete my collection of BW-P cards. If anyone can help me find:

078/BW-P Snivy JR Hokkaidō Pokémon Battle Train 2011 campaign
079/BW-P Tepig JR Hokkaidō Pokémon Battle Train 2011 campaign
080/BW-P Oshawott JR Hokkaidō Pokémon Battle Train 2011 campaign

Which were given out to participants in the 2011 Hokkaido JR Train campaign in a single pack containing all three I would REALLY appreciate it. I don't care where they are available from (private seller, japan, ebay, whatever) as long as someone can help me find somewhere they are available. I've been looking for 2 years now and haven't had any good leads. :(

Is this what you are looking for?

Bruce
Kanagawa Cards

Attachments

• promo1.jpg
    promo1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I can't see the promo numbers on that shot since it's a bit small and my eyes suck, but they should be 078/BW-P (Snivy), 079/BW-P (Tepig), and 080/BW-P (Oshawott). I don't actually know what these cards look like, so I can't judge any other way. >_>

Is this what you are looking for?

Bruce
Kanagawa Cards

Nope :( Those are the workbook promos. I'm looking for these, sorry they are so small its the best pic I could find of them:

M39LZHx.jpg

Just got these in today and added them to their rightful place:

YkzIR7t.jpg

Now all I need to finish BW-P are those pesky JR Train Promos!

So..i've gotten back into the TCG exactly one year ago. My collection has grown drastically in the year..but I'm having issues with my binder. Not condition-wise, but like...collection-wise, its weaker. I've gotten 10 FAs, four Ace Specs, 30 EXs, and 2 secret rares. My other binder holds completed sets, the only one i have completed is Boundaries crossed. I'm nearly done with roaring skies, Next destinies, XY, and a few others. I do not have very much access to buying booster boxes, or cards online, due to funds. I want to know, any ways i can make my collection a bit...nicer? I'm happy with my collection so far, this one year got me a lot, but I'm wondering if there's a way I can get a better collection.

Unfortunately, words like "nicer" and "better" are very vague. What exactly are your collecting goals? Do you want to complete sets? Do you want to collect certain Pokémon, or make a living PokéDex? Do you want to collect a certain subset of cards, like Full Arts or Ancient Traits? What you want your collection to have is solely up to you. Perhaps setting goals for yourself might make it easier for you to decide what you want. :)

Depending on what exactly you want, buying singles online and/or trading is great way to help your collection. If you know what you want, you can trade off cards you have that you don't need for your collection, especially those cards that are useful competitively if you're not a competitive player (since they'll have to most value and desirability). Also, it's often much cheaper to buy singles online instead of buying packs, especially for non-competitive cards. For example, many of the non-competitive Full Art cards from Roaring Skies (Gallade EX FA, Hydreigon EX FA, Wally FA, etc.) are going for US$4-8 on Troll and Toad which is the price of 1-2 packs. You're unlikely to have pulls that good if you buy packs (buying loose packs is a gamble), so you can end up with cards you want for less money buying them individually like this.

Sorry if this counts as bumping, this looked like an appropriate thread!

I was wondering if any Japanese card experts could tell me if the following sets have holos of Jigglypuff:
  • Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise Half Deck
  • Undone Seal
  • Miracle Crystal

omahanime was kind enough to tell me which sets do and don't have reverse holos, so now I'm just trying to figure out if standard holos exist for these like they do in English.

Thanks all!

Sorry if this counts as bumping, this looked like an appropriate thread!

I was wondering if any Japanese card experts could tell me if the following sets have holos of Jigglypuff:
  • Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise Half Deck
  • Undone Seal
  • Miracle Crystal

omahanime was kind enough to tell me which sets do and don't have reverse holos, so now I'm just trying to figure out if standard holos exist for these like they do in English.

Thanks all!

You're correct; this is the perfect place for a question like this, so don't feel bad for bumping. :)

None of those cards are holos in Japanese. The Jigglypuffs of both Undone Seal and Miracle Crystal as standard commons, so they are not holos. Although it was much harder to find information about the half deck cards, I initially believed it was non-holo, a belief that was confirmed when I was able to find a scan of the card in question from a Japanese auction.

I have a really nice Jumbo Japanese Birthday Pikachu. It already has gotten a little damaged and I really don't want it to anymore. What is the best way to protect jumbo cards? Are there jumbo sleeves and top loaders?

I remember someone one time mentioning that they found toploaders that would fit a Pokémon Jumbo card but they were pretty expensive. I store own jumbo cards in full-size binder pages in a binder, and when I finish organizing my binders I plan on placing them in cardboard slats to make them fit better, though I haven't done that yet.

I have a really nice Jumbo Japanese Birthday Pikachu. It already has gotten a little damaged and I really don't want it to anymore. What is the best way to protect jumbo cards? Are there jumbo sleeves and top loaders?

Well, I know for a certain that there exists top loaders for jumbo cards. Sleeves I'm not so sure about. I remember buying a huge top loader for my Skyridge jumbo back in the day, and it wasn't that expensive (0,45$ or something?). I guess that the best way to protect your jumbo would be to at least keep it in a top loader, maybe with a sleeve if they exist.

I think that Ultra Pro 6" x 9" top loaders will be your best shot. At least that's what I got ;D

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea where to get a jumbo Rayquaza that was released in the UK version of the Mega Rayquaza collection. Not finding it on ebay or even collector's cache where I usually find things. I'm trying to get the jumbo cards that I'm missing.

Since it's a UK only product, you'll probably have the best luck looking on specific UK websites. I did find this listing of the entire box available on amazon.co.uk and it offers international shipping, so that might be a decent option if you can't find just the jumbo.

That might be the route I have to take. I'll look around a bit more first, the promo itself is just so not helpful that having more than one for the promo binder is kind of pointless. Sometimes it annoys me that they are UK only :(

I have a question for anyone who knows the answer.

I saw that there is a Flabebe promo and a 1-4th place version of Marowak (both from Breakthrough). Does anyone know where these popped up from? I assume they are the new league challenge cards but I haven't really seen anything online about it. If these are a part of the 2015-2016 series, does anyone have he full list of upcoming cards?

Along this topic, does anyone know where's the best place to grab the Marowak prize set as well as the prior Klefki and Shelmet sets? If not, does anyone know what a good price on these would be? I managed to snag some of the earlier sets (Pumpkaboo and Avalugg) for what appeared to be a really good price ($5 for one set and $10 for the other). My local league guy ends up with a bunch of these in his trade collection as left overs every now and then and I'll probably be looking to snag them off of him if I can present a fair price.

I'm entirely up to date on my English KSS/XY on collection other than these and a handful of other cards (complete list below) and I'm looking to finish off the set sometime this holiday season.

List of cards I am looking for:

• 1-4th place Shelmet League Promo
• 1-4th place Klefki League Promo
• 1-4th Place Marowak League Promo
• Professor Program Sycamore
• League Promo Flabébé (have a deal for one in the works)

Back