Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

Thx for using your time to help me, Isn't there anything like Shining something, shadow something and some type of crystal thing
THX

Shining Pokémon were a extra-rare mechanic back in the Neo days. They featured a very unique holo style design that you can see in this Shining Charizard. These cards were incredibly rare and were the first to feature Pokémon that used multiple types of energy in a single attack. This was the first time that "Shiny" Pokémon were referenced in the Pokémon TCG, though they would continue to do so in later sets as gold star Pokémon, "SL" shinies in Call of Legends, and shiny "secret rares" in BW expansions. For play purposes, only 1 of each "Shining" Pokémon were allowed to be played in a single deck, as opposed to the standard 4.

Crystal Pokémon were another extra-rare mechanic that came after Shining Pokémon, this time in the e-series era. The cards are all of the colourless-type, but each Pokémon is called out as having a "Crystal" type in their Poké-Body, as you can see in this Crystal Celebi. These cards were also very rare to find, and unlike most other ultra/secret rares, they could be found in both regular and reverse holo form (I have an RH Celebi myself).

Shadow Pokémon were a mechanic in the Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD series of games. I don't think they were ever introduced to the TCG.

Actually the first three crystal Pokemon weren't done in a reverse holo style (that would be Nidoking, Lugia, and Kingdra). The others, including the aforementioned Celebi were doen in reverse holo though.

Slightly more on topic here, does anyone know how to get a hold of the Kyogre/Groudon cosmos holos that were part of the Knockout collection that was released in Rite aid stores, of which I had no access too and they probably don't have them anymore anyway.

Weren't both of those just the same card from the Call of Legends set?

Keep checking Ebay i guess.

Does anyone know where I can buy the promo Genesect (BW101) online? I can't find it anywhere.

Zekro said:
Does anyone know where I can buy the promo Genesect (BW101) online? I can't find it anywhere.

Try eBay. You may have to buy a sealed DVD from Amazon.

@The-Kaisar: They are from Call of Legends just done in a different holo print. Maybe not that big of a deal, but meh. It's no different than some of the other shattered/comsos/ice cracked holos that we get in promo things when they're just regular in the main sets.

omahanime said:
Zekro said:

I tried eBay but without luck. I asked a guy who was selling the DVD on eBay if it contained the promo and it didn't. Importing it via Amazon might be a good idea, but are you sure it contains the promo (else it would be a waste of money).

Zekro said:
omahanime said:

I tried eBay but without luck. I asked a guy who was selling the DVD on eBay if it contained the promo and it didn't. Importing it via Amazon might be a good idea, but are you sure it contains the promo (else it would be a waste of money).

Try for a copy sold by Go Hastings thats how i got mine.

Pikachu6319 said:
@The-Kaisar: They are from Call of Legends just done in a different holo print. Maybe not that big of a deal, but meh. It's no different than some of the other shattered/comsos/ice cracked holos that we get in promo things when they're just regular in the main sets.

Ahh i thought the ones from the set were Cosmos Holo Print.

The-Kaiser said:
Zekro said:

Try for a copy sold by Go Hastings thats how i got mine.

Thanks for the suggestion, Sadly Go Hastings doesn't ship to my country.

The-Kaisar, I though the actual Call of Legends Kyogre/Groudon were done in a different holo style,

This all comes about because on ebay I found shattered holos of Latias and Latios from the knockout collection, and I wondered if I was missing more. Apparently these two were done, along with Ho-oh and Lugia, the first two HGSS promos, but those are just the same as were in the poster box set.

Hey guyz can anyone tell me what a foil is, im new to pokemon

Does anyone have any idea where I can find the shattered holo Chandelure that was released in the Dragons Exalted three pack blisters? Ebay doesn't have it.

The individual card would be best but the three blister pack would work too.

Do you have any TCG card shops near you that deal in single cards? If you do ask them when they are getting that card in or you can try searching for the specific card online. Have you tried Amazon? Sometimes you can buy single cards there as well but not sure how often they stock and what prices they have to offer.:)

I only have one place and I was there recently. They didn't have it and they kind of get stuff randomly. Honestly there is nothing local here that would work for it or I wouldn't be looking for the help. I haven't tried an online search outside of ebay and Amazon (no luck there) so I might try that but I don't hold much luck for it.

I have two other sources for cards. One is Gaming Etc and they are closed for inventory last I checked. The other is from a place in the UK and even if I found it there (and I looked they don't have it) it would be more expensive to ship it then to get the actual card. I'm stuck on the Blaziken and Krookodile's from the Plasma Blast checklane blisters right now because of that second one as well.

Hmm can you ask your card stores when their next shipment is and when they will get the card in? If you can get on a list of stuff you are looking for they might be able to call you when the card(s0 you are looking for are in stock. If you can do this you will have a higher chance of getting the Pokemon you are looking for. Sometimes you really have to dig deep to get what you are looking for. Search on Google for your card and a list of online shops should pop up so you can buy the card or cards XD.:)

EDIT: Here is a list of places that might help you get the cards you are looking for. Not sure if they ship to where you live but check them out anyway.:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Buy++shattered+holo+Chandelure&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb.:)

I have 1,107 Furious Fists C/UC/Rare non-holo cards I want to sell on but I have no clue how much I should list the lot for (if I should sell it as a lot) and how much I should expect. I honestly don't care how much I make as I mostly just want to get rid of them. I want to list it as a lot and charge like $5 or so flat for shipping and I'll cover the rest should it be more.
Hopefully this is the right place to post and thanks for any and all help!

no clue why the gyazos wouldn't work so here are light shots.
http://prntscr.com/4tieb5
http://prntscr.com/4tieex

Is there some way to find out what a certain booster box is really worth? I just discovered that CC sells a box of my all-time favorite set, Ruby & Sapphire.

It costs 550$... haven't bought old boxes for a while, and I really don't want to pay above the usual price.

Have to check out the link to see if that helps. Unfortunantley since we're talking about a card from a blister pack from a set that is a bit old stores don't get them anymore. But I live in the US, so any place in the US will do just fine.

*edit* Everything I've seen that even acknowledges the shattered holo Chandelure says they're out of stock, or of course are not in the US. Back to square one I guess.

Back