Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

RE: What sort of card is this?

That is a reverse holo version of that card i think.

But on reverse holo cards the picture does not shine, right? Mine does. Also, I forgot to mention the borders are golden instead of yellow... odd...

Okay, I've done some research and it could be a rv holo. I'm not sure, though

Yes that's how reverse holo cards were back then from Ex: Ruby/Sapphire Set till Ex: Dragon :)

The-Kaiser said:
Yes that's how reverse holo cards were back then from Ex: Ruby/Sapphire Set till Ex: Dragon :)

Ty :D

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
The firefang theme deck did not include any makuhitas in it so I'm not sure how you got it.

Ikr? The thing is I didn't buy any more cards from that generation and I can remember it came from that pack. Maybe someone messed up at the factory? lol

So, turns out makuhita is not in the list of holo cards: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Holographic_card#EX_Ruby_.26_Sapphire

Nope but the card was in the Ruby theame deck so somehow instead of getting a normal card you got a reverse holo instead :)

So somehow I got a card from the Treecko Constructed Starter Deck :D

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

Alright, I found out this card is included in a Spanish Trecko expansion pack. Since I live in Spain I assume they put cards from that pack in the FireFang pack on purpose or they just messed up :)

Possible but the card isn't in Spanish unless Spain got English cards.

Has anyone seen Furious Fist's 2 Back Blisters in stores yet?

Cards in Spain were in English at that time. They began to translate them later on.

oh dint know that well congrats on the lucky find then :)

Has anyone seen Furious Fist's 2 Back Blisters in stores yet?

if so are they at Target and Walmart or just Target?

I haven't seen them on ebay yet.

The promo cards in it are:

Trevenant (XY Promo 14; Cosmos Holofoil)
Slurpuff (XY Promo 15; Cosmos Holofoil)
Gogoat (XY Promo 16; Cosmos Holofoil)
Zoroark (Legendary Treasures 90; Cosmos Holofoil)
Serperior (Boundaries Crossed 13; Cosmos Holofoil)
Emboar (Boundaries Crossed 26; Cosmos Holofoil)
Samurott (Boundaries Crossed 41; Cosmos Holofoil)
Electivire (Boundaries Crossed 54; Cosmos Holofoil)
Dusknoir (Boundaries Crossed 63; Cosmos Holofoil)
Scizor (Boundaries Crossed 94; Cosmos Holofoil)

Only Target is supposed to have these two pack blisters..

I want the cards from the gym collectors too, but I can't seem to find any of them indivudally on ebay. Dusknoir here is the same as the two back blisters (with Scizor and Electivire) but the others are exclusive. I also would rather not buy the whole thing, just the seven holos. I hope ebay will offer these individually soon.

Holo's? Reverse holos? Foil?

Holo's? Reverse holos? Foil?
Hi guys, I'm looking for some people to tell me what are holo's reverse holo's ex cards and lv x cards. I'm just looking for someone to describe the different types of pokemon cards, I just got into it! THX

POKEMON CARDS IN CHINA?

Pokemon cards in China?
Hi guyz, I just recently moved to shanghai in China, can ya tell me where you can get them in China? cause it's hard to not to find fake cards

Holos are cards that's have a holographic design over the picture of a Pokémon, such as this Kyogre. Different eras have different holo style; the current XY holo style is kind of a diagonal flat sheen, so it doesn't show on scans well which is why I chose an older card for this example. Only certain cards will be found as holos, cards marked as an R in Japanese, or cards marked with a start in English (not all English star cards are holos, though, since there are some non-holo rares in English sets).

Unlike holos, Reverse Holos (or RHs) can be made of any common, uncommon, or rare card. Instead of a holo over the picture, the holo is over the rest of teh card (which is where the "reverse" in the name comes from). Like holos, RH styles are different in different generations, but the XY RHs feature a energy type patten in the background that matches the cards type; they look like this. Older styles commonly just had a flat shine to them, like this card which is the RH version of the original holo I linked above.

"EX" and "ex" are 2 separate card types. EXes are a type of card introduced in the BW series that have continued on in XY. They are more powerful cards, and as such, give the opponent 2 prize cards if they manage to knock one out. If an evolved Pokémon is an EX card, it does not need to evolve and is treated like a basic Pokémon, such as this Venusaur EX. "ex" (in lowercase) is an older Pokémon mechanic from the XY-era of Pokémon cards. These were similar in mechanic to the current EX Pokémon, but still had to evolve, as you can see by looking at this Venusaur-ex.

Lv. X Pokémon were another extra rare card that came after "ex" Pokémon; this was a mechanic in the DPPt era of the Pokémon TCG. Lv. X Pokémon were an additional "level up" and were played on top of a card of the same Pokémon. For example, this Glaceon Lv. X had to be played on top of a regular Glaceon. Pokémon Lv. X are more powerful than their base Pokémon and can use their attacks, etc. as well as their own, but do not give multiple prize cards like EX or ex Pokémon.

EX, ex, and Lv. X Pokémon all have a shiny star in their English sets to reflect their special rarity status, so they are easy to find, in addition to the type of card being listed in the Pokémon name.

Back