Technology: Questions, Answers & Recommendations

RE: Has anyone bought a tablet?

I haven't bought a tablet, but I did become very familiar with them when I worked at a tech store. In my experience, I will second the recommendation on the Nexus. even though it's a bit out of your suggested price range, I think its your best bet. One thing I feel the need to mention is that it holds up to abuse pretty well; our demo that we got to play around with in store had quite a few drops and bangs and held up remarkably, something to keep in mind when getting a tablet that will be used by a youngster.

Oh? guess i better hold on to my tablet then.... =/

unsheathed said:
The Google Nexus is going to cost you a little over $200, but it's one of the best tablets out there that I've seen around your price range.

This, absolutely this. Don't get a bloated Samsung tablet. Get a Nexus. I've had my Nexus 7 for a long time and it is unequivocally the best Android device I've ever owned, period. Everything is smooth, consistent updates, no bloatware, no unneeded annoying gimmicky features, no mediocre battery life. It's the perfect tablet.
/endrant

Gonna say, dont go for the Tab3...yet. Talking to a guy who works for Samsung and he says it's got the same problems as the S4 at launch, basically the bugs aren't worked out yet and it's buggy as all-out hell.

Yup, my tab2 has some bloatware, but runs fast, has webcam....but does need a better battery life when doing games/Kindle

Qualfor said:
Gonna say, dont go for the Tab3...yet. Talking to a guy who works for Samsung and he says it's got the same problems as the S4 at launch, basically the bugs aren't worked out yet and it's buggy as all-out hell.

Yup, my tab2 has some bloatware, but runs fast, has webcam....but does need a better battery life when doing games/Kindle

Bugs? Like what? I haven't heard of any SGS4 bugs.

Gaming PC?

Can anyone help me with what I should look for when building a cheap gaming pc? I want to be able to play most games, but I really don't want to spend a lot of money on stuff that might not matter as much. My computer kinda sucks right now (Dell Inspiron Mini) and I really need an update. It would also help if I don't spend tons of money, but I know it will cost a lot.

Thanks for your help!

RE: Gaming PC?

You can build a relatively top-tier PC for around the price of a console. I recommend this build, as it'll play most anything you decide to throw at it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6olutcuXHc

Mostly everything you need to buy and assemble the parts is in the description. Austin also has several other good build videos if you feel the need to raise or lower the price.

Hope I helped! :] Just make sure you do your research and know EXACTLY what you're doing before you get too deep into this.

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Head over to Newegg. They have very reasonable prices and usually cheap or free shipping on everything. I have built 3 gaming machines now. You should be able to build a decent machine for under 800 bucks. It all depends on the processor/motherboard you use, how much ram, Whether you use ssd drives.
Stay away from the i3, either go i5 or i7.
What kind of budget do you have for a computer?

Processor i5-4670 224
Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 Desktop Motherboard- 93
Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model BLS4G3D1609DS1S00 $41 per stick
CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced - Gaming Mid Tower Computer Case with Carrying Handle and Windowed Side Panel - White $95
Thermaltake TR2 TR-700 700W ATX 12V V2.3 & EPS 12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply $60

That's almost 600 bucks total if you get 3 sticks of ram. This is not including the hard drive, operating system, optical drive or video card.
Just a ballpark figure for you to look at. I would say at least 800 dollars to build one.

Help with Shock Wave

My Shock Wave player is acting up! For some reason after I press play on a video, it does a long pause, then plays the video, but there's no sound! I know my sound card is fine, because things like VLC work, but no sound will play on browsers. I even tried CCleaner, but that didn't work either.

I have the most up to date version of Shock Wave player.

Do tablets run videos?

I am thinking about getting a tablet but was wondering if they run videos on sites like Youtube and Hulu? If any do this which ones run those sites and would a lower priced tablet support this as well? Yesterday I looked at the Galaxy NEXUS but it was a bit high on the price. If someone has a better choice please post. Thanks XD.:)

RE: Do tablets run videos?

Yeah. I'm currently on my iPad and I have an app for YouTube (which is free). I'm sure there is an app for Hulu, as well. However, I have noticed that some videos will not show up on my iPad's version of YouTube. But, you can also go to youtube's website or other websites that hosts videos on the tablet with the Internet. However, there is no adobe flash, but you can get an app for that, I think.

I don't know too much about tablets, other than my iPad, but, if they have Internet and apps, they should have YouTube. My iPad was a little expensive, but I use it everywhere I go and is my main connection to the Internet. It was worth the money for me.

Oh ok. Does that app have a glitch like the 3DS and close after a few videos have ran? I am asking because that glitch is very annoying XD. Also if you did not know all current Apple products are made in China which means it was made by a little kid who did not even know what he/she was making. I need something that runs video but without the heft price tag. Which ones are good but for a decent price? What about SAMSUNG's tablet? Will it run Youtube? Thanks XD.:)

Re: Do tablets run videos?

Just see the OS that run the tablet. All tablets that run in IOS, android, windows *I never see tablets run other OS than this three* support flash that usually used at many videos, like what they have in you tube.

Out of that 3, Android usually the cheapest.

xxashxx said:
Oh ok. Does that app have a glitch like the 3DS and close after a few videos have ran? I am asking because that glitch is very annoying XD. Also if you did not know all current Apple products are made in China which means it was made by a little kid who did not even know what he/she was making. I need something that runs video but without the heft price tag. Which ones are good but for a decent price? What about SAMSUNG's tablet? Will it run Youtube? Thanks XD.:)

I don't think I have problems with running YouTube, but I do have my Internet browser or a few other apps that close unexpectantly. Samsung should run it. I have it on my Samsung phone, and I use it on there.

If the Android device is supported by Google Play, you can get an app for YouTube. Take a look at a Chromebook. I have found some sites with embedded videos that do not play on Android, but play on a Chromebook.

Ok I have to try out some more tablets soon Thanks guys.:) Post any other good tablets as well but I need one that is not too expensive though.:)

A Galaxy Nexus isn't a tablet, it's a smartphone.
Try out a Nexus 7. It's the best Android tablet on the market and I think it'll give you exactly what you need.

I tried one out but the internet was not connected at the store. It was nearly $300.00 though.:)

xxashxx said:
I tried one out but the internet was not connected at the store. It was nearly $300.00 though.:)

The 16 GB model is only $220. That's most likely all you'll ever need unless you're thinking about downloading tons of movies or music. It sounds like you'll be streaming though, so that's good. Youtube comes pre-installed and you can find Hulu Plus and Netflix on the Google Play Store.

Back