TDK (Thundurus EX / Deoxys EX / Kyurem)

RE: Plasma Box (Thundurus EX / Deoxys EX with attackers and techs)

I've been using Scarmble Switch, and I wouldn't consider dropping it for any other Ace Spec. I've seen Max Potion in other lists, but I haven't used it my self.

Has anybody tested Metagross (PLSM) yet? It is a Stage 2, but the consistency it offers is worth running with Rare Candy and whatnot, like Blastoise!

I would THINK so, anyway, I can imagine some scenarios where he can just fetch Deo EX, or Col Machine, or Plasma Ball (for Deck-thinning), whenever I want.

PumpedAaron said:
Has anybody tested Metagross (PLSM) yet? It is a Stage 2, but the consistency and it offers

No. It offers inconsistency at every stage in the game due to less cards in your deck that you need like staples or main cards, more cards that are useless when you lose or have others (for example rare candies and every part of the metagross line clogging your hand after lane game Ns or something if Meta falls or wasn't ever up.)

Another quick question.

What numbers of methods of switch do you usually use?

I've been trying 2-2 switch/float with scramble and it seems to be working fine but I was wondering if anyone has tried more/less and found it to be better?

Aggressiv said:
Another quick question.

I've been trying 2-2 switch/float with scramble and it seems to be working fine but I was wondering if anyone has tried more/less and found it to be better?

I've used 3 Switch 2 Float Stone 1 Scramble Switch for the entirety of my testing, and it seems to work well. I probably wouldn't include more, but if you're tight on space, 2/2/1 should work.

Machamp the Champion said:
Aggressiv said:
Another quick question.

I've used 3 Switch 2 Float Stone 1 Scramble Switch for the entirety of my testing, and it seems to work well. I probably wouldn't include more, but if you're tight on space, 2/2/1 should work.

How do you fit 2-3 and max? 2-2 ultra/plasma ball? less supports? or less energy?

Aggressiv said:
Machamp the Champion said:

How do you fit 2-3 and max? 2-2 ultra/plasma ball? less supports? or less energy?

I only have 2-2 Ultra/Plasma Ball. I also don't have an abundance of Energy or Supporters.

Is it just me or is this deck one of those decks people seem to be hating. I really don't look forward for another format like luxchomps, were if you don't play the BDIF you auto lose.

I'm just wondering though, after testing Darkai/Hammers intimately trolls this deck with the right timing of using sableyes, could this possibly be the one deck that counters PlasmaBasics. Also what about Rayeels. If it can get going fast, would it contend with this deck.

PlasmaKlang has a strong match-up against this deck. Darkrai + Hammers is amazing because it forces Thundurus-EX to use Raiden Knuckle over and over again while you charge up your Darkrai-EX to start Night Spearing everything.

MrGatr said:
Is it just me or is this deck one of those decks people seem to be hating. I really don't look forward for another format like luxchomps, were if you don't play the BDIF you auto lose.
There is alot of hype about this deck right now, and lots of players have been playtesting with and against this deck for a few weeks now. PlasmaBox does seem to be "the" primary competitive deck emerging from the PF set, but I think we'll see how good it is after Battle Roads perhaps. By the way, I've beaten the PlasmaBox deck 4 out of 5 times already with Darkrai; so, time will tell how truly good it is? Or the good player running a good deck...? Will it rise to the heights of LuxChomp (and that tier of SP deck stardom)? Don't know yet...

P.S. LuxChomp was NOT an autowin against ALL, non-SP decks back in that day either...

MrGatr said:
Also what about Rayeels. If it can get going fast, would it contend with this deck.
During some playtesting last week, a friend of mine running RayEels was alo able to beat the player running PlasmaBox. I believe after 5 games, the RayEels player won 3 of the 5. I don't know game details. I do hope to playtest my RayEels deck against PlasmaBox this week. If so, I can provide more feedback later.

TuxedoBlack said:
MrGatr said:
There is alot of hype about this deck right now, and lots of players have been playtesting with and against this deck for a few weeks now. PlasmaBox does seem to be "the" primary competitive deck emerging from the PF set, but I think we'll see how good it is after Battle Roads perhaps. By the way, I've beaten the PlasmaBox deck 4 out of 5 times already with Darkrai; so, time will tell how truly good it is? Or the good player running a good deck...? Will it rise to the heights of LuxChomp (and that tier of SP deck stardom)? Don't know yet...

Darkrai should have a decent matchup against the Plasma Deck, but once that Landorus is legal, all hope for Darkrai will be gone.

Soul said:
TuxedoBlack said:

Darkrai should have a decent matchup against the Plasma Deck, but once that Landorus is legal, all hope for Darkrai will be gone.

What Landorus are you referring to?

The new plasma promo one.

Funny you should mention it, I've actually done some testing against it with Darkrai and I found it doesn't really help much. It's hard to equalize hand sizes and if it hits the field without KOing something that turn, it's just going to die because 110 HP is extremely fragile.

SheNinja said:
What does it do?

[F][C] Extrasensory: 20+ damage. If you and your opponent have the same number of cards in your hands, this attack does 30 more damage.

[F][F][C][C] Rock Tomb: 90 damage. During your opponent’s next turn, the Defending Pokemon can’t retreat.

Imo, if you want to tech a fighting terrakion nv does a better job of taking out darkrai and even other thundurus. 3 for 90 on terrakion vs 4 for 90 on landorus, and 2 for potentially 90 vs 2 for potentially 50 makes it an easy decision if you need a fighting tech.

I don't understand what would make that good. 50 for [F][C] isn't that good, if you compare it to, say, Keldeo which is only [C]'s.

In theory you can OHKO Darkrai EX (and any other 170/180HP fighting-weak EX) with it.

50 (base damage) + 30 (Deoxys EX x3) = 80*2 = 160 + Laser/Virbank.

I really didn't have any problems equalizing the hand sizes.

Just curious does anybody plan on using this deck for the upcoming Spring Battle Roads?

I would if it didn't cost so much and I was able to go.

I only need one more Thundurus so im gonna play it.

Back