TCG One TCG ONE General Discussion

RE: TCG ONE - Full Featured Online Pokemon TCG Simulator [BCR-on live]

v13.7 Update: Vending Machine and Southern Islands are now available to play!
Translated and fakes created by meiko, Vending Machine series offers great funplay with interesting cards to explore, available in Quickplay Unlimited.
Tester Mode (new): allows easy setting up quickplay games to test endless card interactions (Feature bound to permission, contact admin)
TCG ONE now accepts Paypal for donations.
Card Database now displays Drop Rate, PV and Notes columns.
Improved Random Deck Builder with format selection.
Fixed Inventory and Market layout problems.
N added to BCR-on format.

Card fixes: Korrina search for item,
Mega Lucario-EX evolution,
Hawlucha damage stacking issue,
Gengar (SKR) Manipulate issue.

The project is in great shape! Stay tuned!

v13.8 Update: Huge number of bug fixes:

Fixed the insidious surrendering bug, players can now safely surrender
Fixed floating stadium window bug
Landorus-EX Land's Judgement discard energy after damage fix
Pokemon Center Lady fixed heal amount
Focus Sash only works for full hp now
Silver Bangle can now be attached to any Pokemon
Dark Omastar N4 stage fix
Parasect N3 stage fix
Omanyte VM Prehistory Dream minor issue fix
Gastly VM Frighten minor issue fix
Golem VM Rock Blast minor issue fix
Mew VM Psydupe major issue fix
Elekid N1 Playful Punch now applies W&R even while benched
Espeon PLF Shadow Ball now applies W&R to benched
Cofagrigus PLF Slap of misfortune fix
Guard Spec VM minor issue fix
Metronome-like attacks will only check baby flip and confusion once, instead of twice
Electabuzz VM Lightning Rod is now correctly targeted
Electabuzz VM Lightning Bolt now applies W&R to benched
KO of a devolved Mysterious Fossils will no longer award prize card
Stadiums with the same name can now be played in formats below BW-on
Quilava EXP Super Singe will now burn instead of poison
Virizion-EX PLB Verdant Wind minor issue fix
Emolga-EX XY Energy Glide minor issue fix
Eevee WBSP Chain Reaction is now optional to use
Aerodactyl SKR Ancient Wind will now only block Poke-Body
Mew SI Rainbow Wave major issue fix

The program is working fine.

Is it possible to set up a faster way to move damage counters? (e.g. via dusknoir) it can be a chore moving 10+ counters at a time.

Can't log in to tcgone, and I couldn't last night either. This is what I'm seeing:

Error 1001
Ray ID: 17e15fbaa0d40968
DNS resolution error

What happened?

You've requested a page on a website (play5.tcgone.net) that is on the CloudFlare network. CloudFlare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (play5.tcgone.net). There are two potential causes of this:
  • Most likely: if the owner just signed up for CloudFlare it can take a few minutes for the website's information to be distributed to our global network.
  • Less likely: something is wrong with this site's configuration. Usually this happens when accounts have been signed up with a partner organization (e.g., a hosting provider) and the provider's DNS fails.

Just wanted to let someone know.

Mora said:
Can't log in to tcgone, and I couldn't last night either. This is what I'm seeing:

Error 1001
Ray ID: 17e15fbaa0d40968
DNS resolution error

What happened?

You've requested a page on a website (play5.tcgone.net) that is on the CloudFlare network. CloudFlare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (play5.tcgone.net). There are two potential causes of this:
  • Most likely: if the owner just signed up for CloudFlare it can take a few minutes for the website's information to be distributed to our global network.
  • Less likely: something is wrong with this site's configuration. Usually this happens when accounts have been signed up with a partner organization (e.g., a hosting provider) and the provider's DNS fails.

Just wanted to let someone know.

I was on about 10pm GMT last night, but since this morning I haven't been able to get on :(

Same problem here.

I have written a mail to admin.

Big_Boss from the website here, I've been able to get on all day, only to find no one is on. I guess I'm getting lucky or something.

Big-Boss said:
Big_Boss from the website here, I've been able to get on all day, only to find no one is on. I guess I'm getting lucky or something.

Nope. Still can't get to the log in screen. That's weird.

Looks likes it's back up guys. Try again now.

Is there a way to send a duel/challenge to another player?
EDIT: Will Phantom Forces be up in the next month?

Every time I go to log in, and try to make a custom deck, a loading box comes up at sometime. It starts white, than yellow, than red. Even after 30 minutes of loading, it won't let me continue or go away. Does this happen to anyone else? :p

(this was a newbie post made a month after I started dealing with the TCG competitively and I didn't understand formats and I thought the DP cards and the EX cards were never available in the same format for some strange reason)

For a free project I think we should all just enjoy the work that has been done. I don't know if you guys have coded anything before but its more complicated than just plugging in some words and it works.

For instance there are still numerous little glitches still present in the available cards. This is mostly because it's hard to forsee every possible scenario when it comes to things like intermingling pokepowers and conditional cards.I may be speaking too soon on appendix's behalf but I feel like he wants the things available to work before tackling something new.

Also I think it's unfair for you guys to pressure him to hand the project off. It's his creation and even if not tourney certified pro, he understands the game well enough to make a functioning simulator which you guys agree is great. While the "competing" simulators do somethings different, it's not like that's the only way to go about it. It almost goes as far as call him incompetent,which is clearly not the case.

So while waiting sucks, at least we get a great tool in the meantime,particularly who like older formats.

dakingotu said:
For a free project I think we should all just enjoy the work that has been done. I don't know if you guys have coded anything before but its more complicated than just plugging in some words and it works.

For instance there are still numerous little glitches still present in the available cards. This is mostly because it's hard to forsee every possible scenario when it comes to things like intermingling pokepowers and conditional cards.I may be speaking too soon on appendix's behalf but I feel like he wants the things available to work before tackling something new.

Also I think it's unfair for you guys to pressure him to hand the project off. It's his creation and even if not tourney certified pro, he understands the game well enough to make a functioning simulator which you guys agree is great. While the "competing" simulators do somethings different, it's not like that's the only way to go about it. It almost goes as far as call him incompetent,which is clearly not the case.

So while waiting sucks, at least we get a great tool in the meantime,particularly who like older formats.

While I specifically don't think handing the project off completely is the best idea, I really think he should get some help with developing this wonderful simulator. When we were suggesting that he should get HELP, we weren't trying to imply that he was incompetent, because even the most competent, intelligent people in the world probably would need some help with a task like this one.

I have been enjoying the work he's already done, I mean, the simulator is, IMO, gorgeous, and really easy to use, but I can't help feeling, especially in the Unlimited format, that a huge influential chunk of the game is missing. Cards like FRLG Pidgeot, Lugia ex UF, the (good) Holon Pokemon and trainers, among others, at this current time, are nowhere to be found. I'm not trying to be mean or flaming about this, I'm just trying to say that a lot of people who haven't grown to appreciate tcgone as much as you have and I have are going to look down upon it for that. Like I've said before, nobody can deny that this is a great simulator, but I'm just really worried that people are just going to shoot it down without giving it a chance since it's missing, unfortunately, quite a few important cards, which is why I think that axpendix (I really appreciate your work, please don't take this the wrong way) should get some help in building this sim or do whatever he has or wants to do to expedite the building process.

From my understanding, the reason that the big chunk is missing is primarily because those sets are full of weird, complicated effects. He skipped to the BW sets because they were quick to program in comparison.

Hi guys, long time no talk.

First of all, I'm excited that some people really do care about the project, thank you. I'll try to elaborate on some issues, but this post will not be a line-to-line reply.

I should remind that TCG ONE will always be an ongoing (some people like to call it "incomplete"), free-to-play one-man project. It will be ongoing because ideas and possibilities are endless in this environment and there is always room for improvement in software terms. I really don't like to brag, but I can proudly say that TCG ONE is on par with the official simulator, for which IDK how many people are working. I'll not go into details and complexity of developing a production-ready software with 99% uptime rate.

Some people said that I should get some help or get a team working on this. Revealing 100K LOC to people over the internet is a big issue for me. If I had a team of close-minded people from the start, this hadn't been a concern and the project would be more like Forge. But again, no developer had reached for me. I could post card programming sublanguage specs so that some people can partially implement new sets. Even if so, it will be a lengthy technical spec that only a handful of people will be interested in it.

I have not played the game competitively in my life and my favorite expansion set is Skyridge. However, I have directed my focus to BW-on sets some time ago, since then, career people feel like they have been betrayed because there were no updates for a long time. As I've progressively worked on newer expansions, there were no feedback even after FUF was launched, and players were still playing more career than quickplay. Some people said that "no point to use a sim that is quite frankly inferior to ptcgo". I have also noticed that people who play modified are more relentless and unforgiving for bugs, downtime or incomplete expansions. TCG ONE is a best effort service and I try my best to be as helpful and responsive as possible but I simply don't care for whiners.

In short, v14.0 should contain PF, Ecards for career, and a new UI theme. Stay tuned.

axpendix said:
Hi guys, long time no talk.

First of all, I'm excited that some people really do care about the project, thank you. I'll try to elaborate on some issues, but this post will not be a line-to-line reply.

I should remind that TCG ONE will always be an ongoing (some people like to call it "incomplete"), free-to-play one-man project. It will be ongoing because ideas and possibilities are endless in this environment and there is always room for improvement in software terms. I really don't like to brag, but I can proudly say that TCG ONE is on par with the official simulator, for which IDK how many people are working. I'll not go into details and complexity of developing a production-ready software with 99% uptime rate.

Some people said that I should get some help or get a team working on this. Revealing 100K LOC to people over the internet is a big issue for me. If I had a team of close-minded people from the start, this hadn't been a concern and the project would be more like Forge. But again, no developer had reached for me. I could post card programming sublanguage specs so that some people can partially implement new sets. Even if so, it will be a lengthy technical spec that only a handful of people will be interested in it.

I have not played the game competitively in my life and my favorite expansion set is Skyridge. However, I have directed my focus to BW-on sets some time ago, since then, career people feel like they have been betrayed because there were no updates for a long time. As I've progressively worked on newer expansions, there were no feedback even after FUF was launched, and players were still playing more career than quickplay. Some people said that "no point to use a sim that is quite frankly inferior to ptcgo". I have also noticed that people who play modified are more relentless and unforgiving for bugs, downtime or incomplete expansions. TCG ONE is a best effort service and I try my best to be as helpful and responsive as possible but I simply don't care for whiners.

In short, v14.0 should contain PF, Ecards for career, and a new UI theme. Stay tuned.

I'll be waiting! Thanks heaps for the providing an update here. In honesty, I think I'm going to be getting PB users to use your emulator in an upcoming forum game!

As a competitive player who is always eager to try out new expansions, I will unfortunately choose PlayTCG and PTCGO over TCGOne, but I don't want this to discourage you Axpendix. The product you've developed is a great display of effort and dedication. The best place to direct that will be to those who genuinely enjoy it. If people are using Career mode more than modified play, I feel you shouldn't be afraid to halt updates to modified in order to keep Career mode on track.

In my mind, the point of TCG One should not be to be the best competitive TCG simulator for players like me. It should be to become the most fun TCG simulator for those interested in a more dynamic, nostalgic experience.

Good luck. Don't forget your principles.

Back