TCG One TCG ONE General Discussion

Prinny said:
Hello, I just created a new account on tcg one and can't seem to get any quests or achievements in career mode, not even the Welcome one. I don't remember this being a problem on my old account, to which I lost the password anyway. Any suggestions?

Edit: I noticed I actually have quests... I guess the achievement will show up sooner or later.

You can get your password reset if you give them your email

Any chance of Double Crisis coming to TCG One?
PTCGO won't work well for me anymore and I rely on TCG one to help test my decks now :(

I was told by someone that you can play multiple Stadiums in 1 turn on TCG One. This is actually not allowed. You can only play 1 Stadium card each turn, even if they have different names. Playing multiple Stadiums in a turn can come in handy sometimes, especially in the next set with Skyfield.

^ This. Please.

And also, either Seismitoad-EX's Grenade Hammer or Suicune's Safeguard are bugged. When I target Suicune to receive damage from Seismitoad, it should be blocked by Safeguard.

Ok the weirdest glitch happened to me while entering a friends game some how are decks got switched( he was playing my deck and I was playing his deck)

Hey, there is a bug that bothers me: "Discard Robo Substitute" sometimes discards a benched robo, with no clear indication on the interface which button I should press to explicitely discard the active robo.

Please, man. Update the server with Double Crisis already. The set's been out for more than 2 weeks, and I need to start deck testing with Team Aqua!

I already reported this as a bug during the battle, but a Hawlucha with a Strong Energy attached used Flying Press for 80 damage against my Aegislash-EX without there being a Silent Lab or Garbodor in play.

Luispipe8 said:
^ This. Please.

And also, either Seismitoad-EX's Grenade Hammer or Suicune's Safeguard are bugged. When I target Suicune to receive damage from Seismitoad, it should be blocked by Safeguard.

I can confirm this also since it just happened to me as well when I used Seismitoad's Grenade Hammer and targeted Suicune. Also, I was able to Turbo Bolt an energy from the discard to Suicune when I shouldn't be allowed to.

Another bug I just had. I was attacking with Empoleon's Attack Command against a Pyroar with Intimidating mane with 7 pokemon in play with a muscle band and the attack didn't go through. I'm guessing the system didn't recognize Empoleon as a Stage 2 because of Archie's Ace in the Hole bringing him onto the bench from the discard.

Are there any plans to release the rest of the formats about up to Holon Phantoms-Majestic Dawn anytime soon? Really anxious about those especially.

Also, have you ever thought about adding Draft/Limited formats?

Some other personal suggestions: I think that forfeiting when neither player has taken any prizes should cause the person who forfeited to LOSE bits. I know some times people feel as if they can't win or they have IRL business to take care of, but it aggravates me to no end after I wait 10-20 minutes for a battle in a not-so-much-played format and the person decides to forfeit for seemingly no reason within 2-3 turns when pretty much nothing has happened battle-wise, and not only stays online, but they also participate in battles in other formats, which is like a huge middle finger.

Just a little glitch report - I was in Classic with a Ditto, copying Scyther. I used Swords Dance, then next turn I used slash...it only did 30 damage. I'd say it should do 60 damage due to swords dance.

● Game starting
● Player A: Time_Pilot
● Player B: danialabdrahman
● Player A does not have any basic pokemon in his hand!. Redistributing.
● Player A does not have any basic pokemon in his hand!. Redistributing.
● Player B drew an extra card.
● Player B drew an extra card.
● Coin flip result: TAILS
● Player B will start.
● Game setup complete
● Between turns. TC: 1
● Player B drew 1 card
● Player B played Bill.
● Player B drew 2 card
● Attached a Rainbow Energy to Scyther.
● Scyther gets 10 damage.
● [Time_Pilot](06:15:51): lol this could be fast
● Scyther used Swords Dance.
● Between turns. TC: 2
● Player A drew 1 card
● [danialabdrahman](06:16:05): haha
● [danialabdrahman](06:16:18): maybe
● Attached a Grass Energy to Ditto.
● Ditto used Swords Dance.
● Between turns. TC: 3
● Player B drew 1 card
● Attached a Double Colorless Energy to Scyther.
● Player B played Pluspower.
● Pluspower is attached to Scyther
● Scyther used Swords Dance.
● Pluspower is discarded.
● Between turns. TC: 4
● Player A drew 1 card
● [danialabdrahman](06:16:42): wrong button lol
● [Time_Pilot](06:16:43): Wrong attack?
● [Time_Pilot](06:16:46): lol
● Player A played Computer Search.
● A has shuffled deck.
● Attached a Double Colorless Energy to Ditto.
● Ditto used Slash.
● Ditto does 30 damage to Scyther.
● Between turns. TC: 5
● Player B drew 1 card
● Attached a Fighting Energy to Scyther.
● [Time_Pilot](06:17:20): Wait, what?
● Fighting Energy (BS 97) is discarded.
● Double Colorless Energy (BS 96) is discarded.
● Grass Energy (BS 99) is discarded.
● Player B played Super Energy Removal.
● Player B played Pluspower.
● Pluspower is attached to Scyther
● Scyther used Slash.
● Extra 30 damage is added.
● Pluspower adds 10 more damage.
● Scyther does 70 damage to Ditto.
● Ditto is knocked out.
● Player B took one prize card.
● Player B is the winner! No Pokémon left in play!
● Game is ended. Winner is Player B.
● [Time_Pilot](06:17:34): That was lame, I should've done 60 damage
● [Time_Pilot](06:17:38): Guess I'll report that
● [danialabdrahman](06:17:41): haha
● [danialabdrahman](06:17:50): why 60
● [Time_Pilot](06:17:54): gg, I'll set up another game in a bit
● [Time_Pilot](06:18:01): Because I used swords dance the previous turn

taquerta gilchrist-owens said:
Some other personal suggestions: I think that forfeiting when neither player has taken any prizes should cause the person who forfeited to LOSE bits. I know some times people feel as if they can't win or they have IRL business to take care of, but it aggravates me to no end after I wait 10-20 minutes for a battle in a not-so-much-played format and the person decides to forfeit for seemingly no reason within 2-3 turns when pretty much nothing has happened battle-wise, and not only stays online, but they also participate in battles in other formats, which is like a huge middle finger.

I retain my right to forfeit whenever I want, just like in real life.
;I
Now if I joined your game and forfeited repeatedly (thus gumming up the system and preventing it from functioning the way it was intended) then we'd have a legitimate problem.

So in the original posts it says it supports iPad does that mean you can play on the iPad or its an app on the iPad just wanting to clarify because I can't find an app.

Thanks!

AuburnSky said:
taquerta gilchrist-owens said:

I retain my right to forfeit whenever I want, just like in real life.
;I
Now if I joined your game and forfeited repeatedly (thus gumming up the system and preventing it from functioning the way it was intended) then we'd have a legitimate problem.

I know that, but it's annoying when you're playing something like Quickplay Unlimited and you wait >10 minutes for a battle, only to have someone decide they want to play something else, not even go AFK, when we just started turn 1, sometimes even before either player has done anything at all. It may be a minor annoyance to others, but in my opinion, it's a huge downer after being excited that "wow, someone here actually can play with me" only to be disappointed. This only really annoying in formats besides Standard and Expanded, which see the most traffic on this simulator and therefore it doesn't matter as much if you've blown a battle.

Yes, I know I can play other formats.

I also acknowledge that losing bits might be too harsh, seeing as some people might have legitimate reasons for doing this.

v14.4 Update: Improved Quests and more!

Quests:
- Quests are auto-assigned each day and are displayed at login.
- Players can reroll a quest a day if they don't happen to like it
- Removed 'Deal x damage to x type' quests.
- Increased bit reward to 200 (from 150).
- More quest types will be available in new versions.

General
- Quickplay scoreboards are now available. Players may track their rank from Scoreboard menu.
- Removed login, create and join game messages in lobby.
- Removed timestamps from chat and lobby messages.
- Improved RNG.

Bug fixes:
- Training Center (FUF 102): added knockout check after card leaves play
- Miltank - Powerful Friends: works with unevolved Stage 2
- Nidorina (PCL): evolution fixed
- Pokemon Catcher: target is changed to be the benched pokemon.
- Attack: Omega Barrage will not trigger if game has already ended.
- Energy Restore (EXP): corrected card count.
- Teammates (PCL): will also work with non-damage knockouts.
- Scoop Up Cyclone: fixed rare issue with Flare Tools.
- Startling Megaphone: Omega Barrier will now block its effect.
- Aegislash (XY): Stance Change fixed.
- Pyroar (FLF) Intimidating Mane: will not work with unevolved non-basic Pokemon
- Silent Lab (PCL): will not work with unevolved non-basic Pokemon

More stuff is on the way!

After waiting a month for an update, I was really surprised to see no Double Crisis on TCGOne. Would @axpendix be able to confirm Double Crisis is in the making?

As I already have filed, Teammates is not working (remember that KO due to posion isn't counted though!).

There is also ruling error I discovered (which I forgot to report during the game :/):
Training Center does not affect Mega Evolutions, which therefore should not receive a HP boost. Reference.

It will be fixed with next version. It was fixed.

Just had someone Lysandre my P Groudon x____x

Not sure if it's a glitch with Omega Barrier in general or just with Lysandre, but no trainers besides tools and stadiums should be affecting Pokémon with Barrier.

Edit: Note that you can Lysandre something when your opponent has a Pokémon with Barrier active, but you cannot target a Pokémon that has Barrier with Lysandre.

It was fixed.

The packs disappearing have to do with that packs inventory being depleted. Currently, I believe each pack starts with 999 packs and then the users will eventually buy them up and then they can not be purchased after until the admin replenishes. He has stated before he is working on an automated script that will auto refill boosters for purchase.

Currently, automatic replenish works and it runs each monday. So if a pack runs out after monday, it will replenish next monday. I'm thinking to adjust it so it runs everyday. Auto replenish works everyday.

I started playing this game a few days ago - I'm having a lot of fun! I really like the format, the level of effort put into this, and the options available. I have a few suggestions/things I noticed, though:

-A notification when someone joins your quickplay/career game. I mainly am playing classic right now, which doesn't start as quickly as standard, so sometimes I'm waiting 5-10 minutes for a game. If I start doing other things, eventually someone will join when I forget that I have TCGone up and it won't start after a time. Which brings me to Point 2...
-When the game starts, if I don't click the "okay" button before the starting hand appears, I won't be able to pick a base Pokemon and thus the game has to end. I don't know if that's intentional to weed out afk people or if it's just something specific to Firefox, though.
-It'd be cool to have the FireRed through whatever the Diamond/Pearl sets are. I understand it's a lot of work, but it seems like a odd hole. I admit I'm biased here because after I stopped playing, I started playing again at Hidden Legends and FireRed, Deoxys, etc. were the sets I remember fondly. I don't really care much about Diamond/Pearl because I stopped at unseen forces or w/e it was :p Maybe there isn't demand for these sets? (end monologue here)
-Being able to set up private quick-play/career matches with friends, and being able to enable/disable spectators. The second part isn't as big of a deal, but when I'm trying to play with a friend it's sad when someone else joins the game I set up and I have to tell them they can't play. This is a relatively minor issue, as the playerbase is kind of small and almost all the people I've seen have been cool, but it'd be a nice thing to be able to do.

Again, TCG one is a great website and I'm enjoying it. Certainly a step up from just playing the Game Boy Color games :p. Those are just some things I've noticed/thought of. Thanks for keeping it up, and best of luck in any changes!

Thanks for your comments :)
Sound notification was implemented but dumped with a major version. It will be reimplemented in the next version. It is implemented.
Sets starting with FR/LG need to wait more :(
I'm planning to replace the way games are set up in a future version and add the ability to directly challenge somebody to your game. Currently, you can simply disable spectation via game settings panel.

Someone just used an Enhanced Hammer on an energy attached to Primal Groudon. Omega Barrier should prevent this.

Edit: A friend said that Xerosic still goes through omega barrier as well, which it shouldn't.

It should be fixed by v14.3.2, I've just checked out and they get blocked correctly. Please report back in detail if you're still having this problem. It was fixed

No matter what I do, neither of the currently legal Nidoran Female cards will evolve into Nidorina. I click, and nothing happens. No, this isn't because it is the first turn they were put into play. I attached an image of it below...

It was fixed.

Mew ex isn't working correctly with Dimenonal Valley.

Mew ex should be able to use any attack on the board for one [C] less, but it currently can't do that

I've just checked out and it seems to work fine. Please report back in detail if you're still having this problem.

Rock Wall on Rhyperior doesn't reduce damage properly.

It will be fixed with next version. It was fixed

Also quick but report--Teammates should activate after a Pokémon is KO'd in any way during your opponent's turn, not just after an attack. Someone used Golbat's ability to kill something and Teammates failed (although poison would NOT activate Teammates because the KO doesn't take place during your opponent's turn).

It was fixed.

The Classic and Neo Pokémon Powers (I think E-Series too) sometimes are allowed to work if the Pokémon is Poisoned. Blastoise's Rain Dance, Dark Dragonair's Evolutionary Light and others are examples for this. The card says "This Power can't be used if Pokémon Name are Asleep, Confused or Paralyzed", but even with Poison special condition the game says "Power can't be used while in special condition".

Btw, this is the best simulator for TCG since Apprentice, congrats for your work and thanks. :)

Thanks for your comments :)
I have changed it to include all special conditions because of this:
A. ... If a Pokemon Power says it is shut off if it is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed, then you also add Poisoned. If it does NOT say any of that, then Poisoning doesn't shut its power off either. (Jan 24, 2002 WotC Chat, Q15)​

When you Archie/Maxie an ability, you should be able to use their ability, because they are an unevolved stage 2 and not a basic, and silent lab only stops basic pokemon's abilities. TCG One doesn't let you use a Maxied/Archied ability.
Still love the program though, and hope to see it grow.

Thanks for your comments :) It was fixed.

Miltank should do 80 damage if there is any Stage 2 in play. However, it won't count any Stage 2 Maxie'd/Archie'd into play, like Greninja and Machamp. Since they technically count as Stage 2's, they should be considered that and they should allow Powerful Friends to do 80.

It was fixed.

Last edited:
I find this a little surprising as well, especially considering that there are a handful of cards in it that are playable. The Camerupt deck is actually pretty strong once it gets going and is definitely worth testing. It would be nice to see this and the rest of Double Crisis on TCGone, but all good things in time I suppose.

Back