Super Smash Bros. to Feature Greninja, Mega Lucario, Mega Charizard [4/8]

Meowth etc. aren't necessarily from the master ball. That's just for rare pokemon. He never said that those were rare. Also, mega evolution might not be by the smash ball.
Otherwise, YES I am so excited.

Wow, I'm impressed (and disappointed) that they refrained from going Mega Mewtwo. I like the sound of Greninja though. Shurikens should be fun.

Greninja as a playable character? Yes please!

Am I right in assuming, then, that each of these characters are their own entity and not a part of a Pokémon Trainer character? If so, it's cool that Charizard is independent this time!

So...how do you all feel about me becoming a playable character?

And that nod to competitive players was pretty nice, too, especially for Online Play.

Likes-
All the new pokemon confirmed
Megas are final smashes, just like I predicted :D
The trailer

Dislikes-
No Mega Charizard Y (They should have done Y for 3DS and X for Wii U)
No Regigigas (You never know :O)
No Mewtwo/Megas

I'm hoping for-
Greninja's final smash is a huge hydro pump kind of like lucario's
Mario's finisher turns him into Giant Mario

Reggie McGigas said:
I'm hoping for-
Greninja's final smash is a huge hydro pump kind of like lucario's

Geninja's Final Smash was shown towards the end of the trailer at about 2:08

I'm super pumped for this game to just be released already! Stoked to have playable Greninja and Charizard. Though it does make me feel sad that the other starters aren't going to be getting challenger spots (I'm assuming, considering you see both Chespin and Fennekin in the line up at the start - they'll probably become item pokemon). Chesnaught would be an absolute beast in Smash. :'D

Arceus...in the game? That just made my day! I will be definitely get it! My twin sister is hoping that Mewtwo would be in the game.

It would be really fun to play as a Water/Dark ninja frog Pokemon.

I'm also pleased to see Charizard return.

Mega Lucario being Final Smash? Oh yeah!

Looking forward to the games.

WPM, as of posting this, you forgot to add Eevee to the list of things that can be sent out from a Pokeball :p

I'm a tad disappointed--this the 4th non-main series media appearance of Mega Charizard X. First in Origins, then in the Mega Evolution anime special, then in the new manga, now in Smash Bros. Where's the love for the one that isn't edgy to hell and back?

The introduction for Charizard and Greninja was absolutely perfect, definitely a gem in gaming advertisements. Hopefully they also add Meganium, Sceptile, Torterra, or Serperior, then all three of the starter types will be covered with starter Pokemon from different generations.

Wait, what? Am I reading this right? Greninja as a playable character for 3DS?

*faints*

I was pretty excited for this game already, what with Mega Man and Little Mac being added to the roster. During the reveal CGI I totally thought they were bringing back Mewtwo, with the shadows and the disc/orb powering up, but then bam! GRENINJA! I literally yelled "F*** YEAH!" when I saw him. Now, I have 3 new characters I want to learn and we haven't even gotten to see them all yet!

The only thing that I can think of that they could add at this point, as far as Pokémon goes, is type effectiveness- EG: Lucario does more damage to Greninja, Greninja does more damage to Charizard, and Zard to Lucario. Would add another nice little layer to it. Also, for Charizard's FS, you should be able to use up+B or down+B to pick which Mevo you want! (Same goes for Mewtwo if they put him back in)

For Charizard's megas, it should be part of the customizeable move set thing. That, or have it be a selection like when you pick the Trainer in Brawl and pick Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Charizard.

Man that was an impressive video. Geninja is pretty fast and may hard to control. I am still puzzled about the X/Y E4 stage though. I thought that was supposed to be a 3DS stage only. Am I missing something or is it a secret stage like in Melee where the brought back 3 stages from the N64 version. I bet it is something similar to that where each version has a few exclusive stages that are reversed for that version. This means the Wii U version will have a few 3DS stages as secret stages and the 3DS version will have a few Wii U stages that are secret stages as well.:)

No, the Prism Tower is 3DS only. Sakurai said there'd be mostly handheld game stages on 3DS and console stages on Wii U, not only handheld on 3DS and only console on U. I think they did it because the only console pokemon games were Colosseum, Gale of Darkness, Stadiums, and Battle Revolution (excluding the Ranch, Explorers, Puzzle League, Box, and Rumble games), which didn't really get all that popular worldwide. Colo and XD were more popular outside of Japan, and the rest aren't as known about nowadays as them.

On another note, I figured out Zoroark, Swirlix, Snivy, and Inkay are also pokeball pokemon! In the trailer, when all the pokemon are sent out, you can see them. I can tell they're in-game because of how all the pokemon are paused (except Palkia, Darkrai, and Entei). Meowth is mid-animation while using Pay Day, swirlix is leaning to the side, Eevee doing the same, Snorlax in his falling pose, and the rest just straight up not moving at all. I wonder what they'll do... Maybe Swirlix uses Aromatherapy to remove any effects such as dizziness (from your shield breaking), flower head, etc? With Zoroark, I can see it disguising as the player who sent it out and running around as them to confuse others, and Inkay flipping an enemy upside-down or using Constrict on them, similar to how the Metroid assist trophy works.

Then how did they have the E4 level on Wii U? Did they throw that in the video as a background cause the characters looked Wii U version to me. Those who cannot watch the video on YouTube can watch the video on the Nintendo Direct site by going to the link on the smashbros site then tap or click the archives link to watch the video there. This is mainly for mobile users cause those users like me can't watch certain YouTube videos.:)

Back