Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Can't wait for this to be released, I pre ordered with Shop to.net and with all the points I have from previous pre orders. I am paying like £22.40

If you pre order the game in the eshop do you still get the bonus items if you pre ordered by retail instead or do you have to pre order by retail to get the items? Not for me but for others also wondering the same thing.:)

Today I found out that Gogoat can carry around items - I deployed a turret and Gogoat ran into it, and then carried the turret around. The turret continued to fire upwards while that happened.
WP_20140920_08_57_36_Pro__highres%5B1%5D.png
Roughly 10 seconds after it picked up the turret, it dropped it but the turret stayed facing upwards. It was a pretty fun little occurrence.

How does everyone feel of the new 'Rage effect'?
All is explained in this video. The video has no spoilers, unless you dont want final destination spoiled (But it was officially revealed anyways) [video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZPxLLaL4N8[/video]

Wow maybe some of the Pokemon have the Pickup ability or something XD.:)

xxashxx said:
I thought you guys said there were spoiler videos on Youtube depicting that Mewtwo was in the game? I don't want to see the spoilers but I thought you guys said according to those videos he would most likely be in the game if the spoiler videos are out there? Now I am confused XD.:)

Who said that? I haven't heard of any mewtwo yet.

xxashxx said:

You know these are item pokemon in smash not pokemon in the pokemon games, right?

I got the demo yesterday, and played it for the first time. It's a really cool game, so I'm really looking forward to the real game.

But there's one thing I'm wondering about:
I got Gogoat twice. Got really excited and wanted to test riding it, but I never got on its back. I pressed all the buttons, but nothing...! :(
So could anyone please tell me how to do it...! Is it all about timing or something?

Chocolate Death said:
xxashxx said:

You know these are item pokemon in smash not pokemon in the pokemon games, right?

I believe that was meant to be a joke. :p

Anyway, I downloaded the demo the other night, and it's a whole lot of fun. The controls for jumping and attacking still feel a bit weird, but I should be able to get used to them before too long.

After some more practice, I think I've got Mega Man down. I can at least consistently win against the cpu where before I would get crushed. Mario and his damn cape still give me a bit of trouble, though.

Mega Man seems kinda weird to me... mastering all those damn weapons is hard, and his Final Smash isn't so big... He's definitely a fun guy to play with though.

Mega Man looks Really Cool. Too bad they did not keep the same name for the yellow boss because in the original games for the NES the real boss name is the Rock Monster. Not too many people know that because only those who were around the earlier days like me know the real name for the yellow boss. Remember the name Rock Monster?:)

xxashxx said:
Mega Man looks Really Cool. Too bad they did not keep the same name for the yellow boss because in the original games for the NES the real boss name is the Rock Monster. Not too many people know that because only those who were around the earlier days like me know the real name for the yellow boss. Remember the name Rock Monster?:)

Hold it! This clearly contradicts this evidence.

You claim his original name was Rock Monster, but it was not!

The name "Rock Monster" is another name for the Yellow Devil, that is true. They changed the name "Yellow Devil (Original Japanese name)" and made it to Rock monster, for the US release as Capcom was afraid of religion issues (Devil). They were absolutely right making his name yellow devil.

Source: http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Yellow_Devil#Trivia

(I always wanted to act like Phoenix wright, sorry)

Anyways, the demo is great, but be very careful. Don't be rough with the circle pad or it will get loose and eventually break (Mine is beginning to break).
Can't wait for Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr. Amiibo, they will be glorious. Little mac too.
Which Amiibos are you waiting to be released?

That I did not know. I have always known it to be Rock Monster. That is news to me because when I was younger it was always the Rock Monster. Id id not know until just now that it was called the Yellow Devil until now. Oh ok. I did not know that was the Japanese name.:)

xxashxx said:
That I did not know. I have always known it to be Rock Monster. That is news to me because when I was younger it was always the Rock Monster. Id id not know until just now that it was called the Yellow Devil until now. Oh ok. I did not know that was the Japanese name.:)
It's always been the Yellow Devil to me, I guess this is an American thing. Seems weird to change Rock Man's name only to add "Rock" to another character's name (a character which is as un-rock-like as they come).
Salamencetrainer34 said:
How does everyone feel of the new 'Rage effect'?
All is explained in this video. The video has no spoilers, unless you dont want final destination spoiled (But it was officially revealed anyways)
[vid]
I was baffled when I first heard about this. It's by far the weirdest mechanics change in my opinion. It seems like the exact opposite of rubber banding, which considering Sakurai's attitude towards competitive play seems odd. It makes trading stocks that much harder, and gives a pretty big advantage to the first player to take a stock, which sounds incredibly un-Sakurai. I guess this prevents certain combos on a recently KO'ed opponent, but still. Was there anyone really asking for a mechanic like this? Because this feels like tripping all over again. If being behind in stocks made you stronger, this might make more sense, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyhow, I've been play the demo. Mario feels pretty good, what with his auto-cancelling aerials and uair chains. The other demo characters seem like they won't be as viable competitively. I don't remember Pikachu's bair in Brawl, but the Melee version seemed far better than the current one. It seems pretty hard to keep someone off the edge with him now. Other than that he seems pretty decent. Link's nair is great, and I'm loving the new dash-attack. I don't know if his priority got much of a buff, though, which is what made him downright horrible in Brawl. I hope it has been, but predict he probably still won't be as good as he deserves to be. It's Link, after all, he's never been good in any fighting game he's been in. Villager's recovery is crazy, but other than that he feels slow and clunky. Megaman is fun, but has some very obvious flaws, not the least of which is over-reliance on projectiles.

I keep hearing about peoples' circle pads breaking when playing this game, and that kind of scares me. :( I'm always gentle when using it, so hopefully it won't happen to me, but..

Seven is a Color said:
I keep hearing about peoples' circle pads breaking when playing this game, and that kind of scares me. :( I'm always gentle when using it, so hopefully it won't happen to me, but..

I think it's just people who overexert the Circle Pad movement when attacking/comboing.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Anyways, the demo is great, but be very careful. Don't be rough with the circle pad or it will get loose and eventually break (Mine is beginning to break).
How can you tell it's beginning to break? How roughly have you played with it?

Teal said:
Salamencetrainer34 said:
How can you tell it's beginning to break? How roughly have you played with it?

Less responsive, slips way too easy, some of them click, some go to far. Basically, be gentle and don't wildly slam it everywhere.

Back