Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Oh good cause I can't use fast characters like I could on the N64 XD. Pikachu was pretty slow until Melee hit the GCN XD.:)

xxashxx said:
Oh good cause I can't use fast characters like I could on the N64 XD. Pikachu was pretty slow until Melee hit the GCN XD.:)
Some Loser was making a joke, I believe... apparently you don't know about Sonic, aka the Blue Blur, and his games which are all about speed.

Sonic was the fastest character in Brawl (faster than even Captain Falcon, the previous fastest Smash character) and that will likely stay the same in Smash 4.

Gotta say, Sonic was my number one most desired veteran character; it's so awesome to see he's returning!

I have played the Sonic games on cube with my friends but could not play them long because they were so bright and I had seizures after about 30 minutes to an hour. Yeah he's fast in his games but I will still try him out. I might have better luck on the 3DS because the control design on 3DS is simple. It was tough on the GCN because my right hand is a hemiplegic and it does not operate like a normal hand so I used Mewtwo because of the speed factor.:)

Nice to know Sonic isn't just a one-off guest character. He belongs in Smash! Now if they just nerf his Final Smash a bit...

Here's hoping for a new Pokémon character unveiling next week, too.

J.D. said:
Sonic was the fastest character in Brawl (faster than even Captain Falcon, the previous fastest Smash character) and that will likely stay the same in Smash 4.

Gotta say, Sonic was my number one most desired veteran character; it's so awesome to see he's returning!

Unless you are looking at his attacks...

I'm guessing we'll get Mewtwo with Mega-Evolve Final Smash. Maybe using it after first evolve toggled between X/Y? It'll be nice to have something you can't do in X/Y possible in SSB.

Rusty Sticks said:
UNCONFIRMED TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT:

Mewtwo in SSB4. Icon is of normal Mewtwo, but Mewtwo Y is fighting. The glow around its body suggests it is Mewtwo's final smash.

Not surprsing. Final Smash is the most logical way to include Mega evolution in the game. The question is, though, how will they determine whether or not he evolves into Mega Mewtwo X or Mega Mewtwo Y?

Probably will determine which system the Mewtwo can Mega evolve. For example: If Mewtwo evolves on the WiiU he would be Mega Mewtwo X and on the 3DS he would be Mega Mewtwo Y. Another possibility is they could make an item called X evolution stone or y evolutions stone and Mewtwo would have to possess these items before he could change forms. They could also make an option to switch right after you do his final Smash that would ask. Which evolution would you like Mewtwo to evole and you would have 15 seconds to pick before it does it randomly for you. These are just a few possibilities that COULD happen if it even does happen.:)

xxashxx said:
I have played the Sonic games on cube with my friends but could not play them long because they were so bright and I had seizures after about 30 minutes to an hour. Yeah he's fast in his games but I will still try him out. I might have better luck on the 3DS because the control design on 3DS is simple. It was tough on the GCN because my right hand is a hemiplegic and it does not operate like a normal hand so I used Mewtwo because of the speed factor.:)

The one bright game is Sonic Heroes and that game sucks.

I like to think of it this way:

1. Wind Waker HD --------> Toon Link confirmed
2. Sonic Lost World -------> Sonic confirmed
3. Pokemon X and Y --------> Mewtwo confirmed

They sure like to promote recent Nintendo releases, don't they?

The fact that he has two Mega Evolutions could easily be incorporated by making each one version exclusive (Final Smash into Y in the Wii U version, for example, and X for the 3DS version).

Lucario has a Mega Evolution too, but Mewtwo was also in the most recent movie (another point to the argument that he's returning) and the identity of Mewtwo-Y was super hyped.

I'm thinking he's all but confirmed. What do you guys think?

Yeah you bring up a really good point but they never bring back older characters other than the standard 12 characters though. Those guys were not part of the original 12 characters. We might see Xerneas and Yvetal though as Pokeballs and a few other 6 gen Pokemon. It is really hard to tell time will tell XD.:)

PMJ said:
The fact that he has two Mega Evolutions could easily be incorporated by making each one version exclusive (Final Smash into Y in the Wii U version, for example, and X for the 3DS version).

Someone on another board I go to suggested that pressing either X or Y during transformation could affect which form Mewtwo uses for his Final Smash. This way he'd play the same across both versions of the game...which I imagine Mr. Sakurai is rather picky about.

My question is, would he be considered a veteran since he's been in Smash before, or a newcomer, since he disappeared for bit? That could affect whether or not they choose to show him at this point...

If they don't unveil him soon I'm hoping for the Pokemon Trainer at least.

What they missed out on in Brawl (which probably wouldn't have been too hard to implement) would be the different colors for the Pokemon Trainer having the starters from different generations (with similar movesets, ofc). I'm not expecting it in the new games, bit it would certainly be nice (don't start on how Charizard is the only starter with wings. They don't need all fully evolved mons, especially in the new version, as demonstrated by squirtle and ivysaur in Brawl)

Wow that is a great idea actually. Using X or Y for this would make sense XD.:)

Aw yiss.

daily.jpg

Rusty Sticks said:

Pikachu looks even cuter than he did in the last 3 Smash Bros games, now we just need Yveltal (assuming that Xerneas is either a stage hazard or a poke ball Pokémon, I'm guessing it's the former, altho I may be wrong on this.)

He is going to be a Poke Ball item. I have been checking a few other sites and they say more than likely will be a Poke Ball item If Xerneas is confirmed then that means Yvetal will also be in the game as well. They would not leave only one legend in and not the other. However they may make it version exclusive though but not sure on that.:)

Back