Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

bagoly14 said:
Hmm...music I want in Smash Bros Wii U...easy choice! (rap toward the middle is golden haha)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs6Ze8JJUHU&list=PL19F38EE6FEB84A49&index=1

Or the original ;)

The whole SMRPG soundtrack was amazing to be honest.

I see that and raise you a bagel.
Wait what I said I raise you a Fire Emblem Awakening track.

Seriously. This needs to be in the game. Shoot, all the battle versions of music from Fire Emblem Awakening need put in the game.. And if at least one of them doesn't make it to the Regna Ferox stage I will be very disappoint.

SotS said:
bagoly14 said:
Hmm...music I want in Smash Bros Wii U...easy choice! (rap toward the middle is golden haha)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs6Ze8JJUHU&list=PL19F38EE6FEB84A49&index=1

Or the original ;)

The whole SMRPG soundtrack was amazing to be honest.

I see that and raise you a bagel.
Wait what I said I raise you a Fire Emblem Awakening track.

Seriously. This needs to be in the game. Shoot, all the battle versions of music from Fire Emblem Awakening need put in the game.. And if at least one of them doesn't make it to the Regna Ferox stage I will be very disappoint.

Ok I agree that Fire Emblem has good tunes, but without SMRPG we probably wouldn't even have FE to begin with.

Besides that, I am not a fan of FE Awakening - I think the music is getting pretty predictable in the FE games.

Now Nimbus Land, if that couldn't be an epic adventure level song in the clouds then I don't know what could be...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuiUR_Ynry0

I mean Shimomura is an amazing composer, I think most people who know who she is agree with me. Street Fighter II or Kingdom Hearts anyone?

But I digress...no SMRPG stuff will likely make it into Smash Bros. I know people won't believe this but if SMRPG gets nothing for this installment I definitely won't buy it. I find it kind of insulting that one of the most iconic RPG games for SNES hasn't even gotten any recognition (don't even get me started on the missing rep of Chrono Trigger). I am not sure what games Sakurai played when growing up but he definitely did not play the good ones.

All he probably did was fill his room with Kirby posters and where pink everyday - then the execs at Nintendo told him we can't have a 35 Kirby with different costumes roster so he had to make real characters haha

Does anyone else feel like Megaman is going to be the new Meta knight? Ranged basic attack, a ranged spike, and seemingly ridiculous range on his aerial attacks seem to spell disaster imo.

bagoly14 said:
But I digress...no SMRPG stuff will likely make it into Smash Bros. I know people won't believe this but if SMRPG gets nothing for this installment I definitely won't buy it. I find it kind of insulting that one of the most iconic RPG games for SNES hasn't even gotten any recognition (don't even get me started on the missing rep of Chrono Trigger). I am not sure what games Sakurai played when growing up but he definitely did not play the good ones.

All he probably did was fill his room with Kirby posters and where pink everyday - then the execs at Nintendo told him we can't have a 35 Kirby with different costumes roster so he had to make real characters haha
Holy crap dude what.

Mario RPG isn't even owned by Nintendo. It's owned by Square Enix. If Square doesn't want any Mario RPG stuff in Smash 4, that's their fault, not the guy who wants to make this game. He wanted to put Geno and the Forest Maze in Brawl, but Square declined his offer so there's nothing he could do about it.

Astra said:
bagoly14 said:

Holy crap dude what.

Mario RPG isn't even owned by Nintendo. It's owned by Square Enix. If Square doesn't want any Mario RPG stuff in Smash 4, that's their fault, not the guy who wants to make this game. He wanted to put Geno and the Forest Maze in Brawl, but Square declined his offer so there's nothing he could do about it.

Partially Incorrect.

Mario RPG isn't "owned" by SE, it's just licensed. Nintendo can fully use the characters in the game as they did so in M&L SuperStar Saga in the Geno Minigame. If the characters couldn't be used then we wouldn't have seen Geno afterwards period so that belief is just here say. Then again the details of the contract are between SE and Nintendo so who knows.

Sakurai never wanted to put Geno in Super Smash Bros. Geno placed 2nd (tied with Ike and Ridley) in character polls in Japan right behind King Dedede and Diddy Kong. I remember Sakurai stating that Geno intrigued him so I doubt SE would say "Oh please don't put in any SMRPG characters so we make more money through VC sales"

Here is the official list. Now pick all of those people and ask yourself which franchise got 0 rep in Brawl or Wii U (no stickers, trophy, assist, etc). Not many.

King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3) - CONFIRMED!
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3) - CONFIRMED!
Animal Crossing MC(2) - CONFIRMED!
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!
Mega Man(2) - CONFIRMED!
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Whats this skin feature?

In Brawl, Wario has two skins: his biker outfit and his normal uniform. It can be assumed that this will be expanded in the future with some characters, primarily Mewtwo.

bagoly14 said:
Partially Incorrect.

Mario RPG isn't "owned" by SE, it's just licensed. Nintendo can fully use the characters in the game as they did so in M&L SuperStar Saga in the Geno Minigame. If the characters couldn't be used then we wouldn't have seen Geno afterwards period so that belief is just here say. Then again the details of the contract are between SE and Nintendo so who knows.

Sakurai never wanted to put Geno in Super Smash Bros. Geno placed 2nd (tied with Ike and Ridley) in character polls in Japan right behind King Dedede and Diddy Kong. I remember Sakurai stating that Geno intrigued him so I doubt SE would say "Oh please don't put in any SMRPG characters so we make more money through VC sales"

Here is the official list. Now pick all of those people and ask yourself which franchise got 0 rep in Brawl or Wii U (no stickers, trophy, assist, etc). Not many.

King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3) - CONFIRMED!
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3) - CONFIRMED!
Animal Crossing MC(2) - CONFIRMED!
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!
Mega Man(2) - CONFIRMED!
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)
The game has the Forest Maze song in the unused data.

Third Party slots are used for advertisement purposes from the third party company. They can either make 10 bucks downloading Super Mario RPG from the VC or make 50 bucks by selling people final fantasy. which would you prefer as a developer who, at the end of the day, cares about his money?

Also Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga's credits say that Geno is owned by Square Enix.

6b07b18e0eacdc522844b6a37419ccdd.png

SquareSoft developed Mario RPG. Therefore, any original content from that game is their property.

also minor correction for ya.
bagoly14 said:
Ok I agree that Fire Emblem has good tunes, but without SMRPG we probably wouldn't even have FE to begin with.
The first Fire Emblem came out in 1990.

Super Mario RPG came out in 1996.

Astra said:
The game has the Forest Maze song in the unused data.

Third Party slots are used for advertisement purposes from the third party company. They can either make 10 bucks downloading Super Mario RPG from the VC or make 50 bucks by selling people final fantasy. which would you prefer as a developer who, at the end of the day, cares about his money?

Also Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga's credits say that Geno is owned by Square Enix.

SquareSoft developed Mario RPG. Therefore, any original content from that game is their property.

The first Fire Emblem came out in 1990.

Super Mario RPG came out in 1996.

1.) The forest mushrooms song was never confirmed to be from SMRPG, I remember reading it could have referenced another games soundtrack. I'm too lazy to find where it said that but I'm sure you know this fact.

2.) Agreed about FF character but FF characters don't represent Nintendo at all. I don't know about you but I affiliate SMRPG much more with Nintendo than I do FF - again to each his own.

3.) I agree with the copyright but what I am saying is that SE is not anti geno. I don't believe the licensing is the reason Geno or any SMRPG representation - I feel Sakurai doesn't acknowledge the game just like Chrono Trigger. He doesn't understand the games that caused revolutions in the West. Don't know about you guys but Pit and Mr G&W were not revolutionary games back in the day. Megaman, FF, Chrono Trigger, SMRPG, etc...were. At least for my generation.

4.) Let's get real. Nobody in the West played FE until it came out for GBA and then skyrocketed after Sacred Swords and the GC release. I would say that SMRPG had a much larger impact in the west for RPG gaming than FE Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi. If anything, FE started gaining momentum starting from Thracia 776. Again, speaking from a strictly Western viewpoint.

Sakurai needs to learn more about Western gaming and it's history - he is too heavily focused on Japanese influences. I'm almost impressed Star Fox made it since it was so popular here haha.

goodness sake what did I do

I'mma leave this discussion to Astra, they know more on the subject than I. That and uh... I'm afraid I'd do nothing but disagree with everything you've said thus far.

Chillarmy said:
Does anyone else feel like Megaman is going to be the new Meta knight? Ranged basic attack, a ranged spike, and seemingly ridiculous range on his aerial attacks seem to spell disaster imo.

YES. That's what I've been saying on another forum. I really really REALLY hope they change him between now and release. Especially because you forgot to mention that a lot of his things stun. Stunlock? Got it. Camping abilities? Got 'em. (From what I've seen) a great recovery? Check. He's jack of all trades master of... All. Yeah.

If they don't change him either everyone else will have to be wowhatpowerful or he will just rule everything. Though I'm probably exaggerating things here...

As a future Mega Man main, I am okay with this.

let's just all agree to ban mega man before the game even comes out, that way EVERYONE can have fun

If he doesn't change.
Which I hope he does.
Because I want to play him. I just don't want super easy wins at the character select screen.

Uuuuugh I hate it when I forget the fact that this game comes out next year. Because then it occurs to me again. And I just want it to be next year right now okay.

Bagoly, there's a wonderful thing called copyright. In the gaming industry, espescially with Nintendo, copyright is very big. You see, Sakuri can't just throw characters in the game and not care about it. He has to ask first. Yes, Nintendo may be able to grant the liscense to him, but it can still be counted as a form of copyright/theft since the original producer of the intellectual property never gave the "Ok."
And Kirby is made by Hal. Sakuri is the CEO (or watever he's officially called) of Hal. Hal makes Super Smash Bros; thus, Sakuri has all the rite to market Kirby to his heart's content.
Also, Mega Man doesn't resemble Meta Knight at all, imo.

Haunted Water said:
Bagoly, there's a wonderful thing called copyright. In the gaming industry, espescially with Nintendo, copyright is very big. You see, Sakuri can't just throw characters in the game and not care about it. He has to ask first. Yes, Nintendo may be able to grant the liscense to him, but it can still be counted as a form of copyright/theft since the original producer of the intellectual property never gave the "Ok."
And Kirby is made by Hal. Sakuri is the CEO (or watever he's officially called) of Hal. Hal makes Super Smash Bros; thus, Sakuri has all the rite to market Kirby to his heart's content.
Also, Mega Man doesn't resemble Meta Knight at all, imo.

His name is Sakurai. Think of it like sakura blossom and samurai. Saku, Rai. Sakurai.

Ok, I can understand everyone's point about licensing - it could definitely be a problem (but we all know 3rd party characters are possible and SE and Nintendo aren't on really shaky ground since we got various SE games and characters on Nintendo recently)

I think what frustrates/confuses me the most is why SE is holding on to Geno's Licensing rights as hard as they are. It baffles me.

I don't even think I care about Geno that much to be honest, just some rep for SMRPG. I'd be happy with a sticker even. Chrono Trigger assist trophy too please!

But I digress...I just hope the battle mechanics don't turn out to be like Brawl. Having to download hacks just make the game balanced is rather annoying, not to mention how slow Brawl was compared to Melee. I really hope Sak-a-lot listens to the people around this time and focus more on gameplay and balancing than they did with Brawl. This is probably the serious gamer in me speaking, casually Brawl was fine, but anything beyond that was annoying - especially Meta Knight. If Sak-a-lot didn't realize how overpowered/broken Meta Knight was as a tournament player before he released Brawl then that is a big problem in my opinion...Has he ever commented on Meta Knights design/tournament ban?

bagoly14 said:
... we all know 3rd party characters are possible...

Just pointing out that sonic was in brawl because sega is practically owned by nintendo (literally and figuratively, see mario and sonic in the olympic games), and snake was in because Kojima himself really wanted him in since melee, but they didn't finish him in time, so Sakurai put him on brawl.

That is all.

Yeah when I said 3rd party it was aimed more towards Snake. I don't think Sonic was all that surprising, just like Mega Man wasn't surprising this time either.

I wonder when we are going to get some more characters confirmed...hopefully by the end of July we will have another new character revealed.

TwistedTurtwig said:
So help me god, if Professor Layton isn't a playable character, I will personally throw Sakurai into the deepest darkest trench and doom him to a life of endless suffering. Or write Nintendo an angry email. Probably the latter.

I am so hoping Professor Layton makes it. He could fence.

Back