Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

I can't see using the C stick on the 3DS because Smash Bros has only had 2D functionality up until now. Not sure if it was implemented on the Wii but last I knew only the D pad was useable and the control stick on the GCN was capable for movement. I don't think that will work to well. They may only make the stick usable to move like the D pad XD.:)

Jungletoad said:
It looks like my character prediction has taken a dramatic turn :) With the release of R/S remakes for the 3DS, and with the inclusion of both a fire and water type starter in SSB4 we will probably get Sceptile as a playable character :)

I'm starting a career as a psychic, jeez

Sceptile also got a new mega evolution, things are looking bright! :)

1. NFC figures will act as NPCs or something.

2. Miis can fight in three styles.

3. The Smash Bros. invitational is in 5 minutes!: http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo/

REGGIE CONFIRMED TO KICK YOUR ASS

Invitational tournament was awesome, although I was slightly disappointed not to see a new character reveal at the end. Still hope for a reveal at the round table?

Bp0Nsw-CAAARxDo.jpg

Wait, why doesn't Game & Watch have a page or have been officially announced? Is he really not returning?

Don't reveal a new character, sure to get some hype in front of the thousands of people watching the tournament

Do it at a private roundtable later LOL

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros

Looks like this is all but confirmed as real now. Either that or the dude is a psychic.

Starboard Driger said:
http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros

Looks like this is all but confirmed as real now. Either that or the dude is a psychic.

I'd love that

gibe Chrom pls

And Chorus Men are so out there that they would have to be fun to at least play around with.

Momaster12 said:
Wait, why doesn't Game & Watch have a page or have been officially announced? Is he really not returning?

I recall hearing that he was shown alongside Pac-Man in the video for "symbolic" purposes.

Hoping for some more newcomers this E3!

Man I don't like that ZSS kid, looks like a straight up nerd with his hipster scarf and indoor sunglasses and running out the clock

I guess that was his best shot at victory but still I was rooting for the other guy

Hopefully they can give us a little insight into how the game works on a technical level.

Also I noticed that they specifically hid the css and sss. That's unfortunate. I was looking forward to seeing them. I thought these games were playable at E3?

PMJ said:
Man I don't like that ZSS kid, looks like a straight up nerd with his hipster scarf and indoor sunglasses and running out the clock
I believe that's his mother's scarf or something... Other than that, yeah, he's probably the weirdest of the bunch. He was also the only Brawl player (though HBox has participated in a few Brawl tournaments but never really placed high), which probably explains his play style.

The grand final was between a Brawl Meta Knight main and the most defensive of the Top 5 Melee players (his Kirby play style mirrored his Melee Jiggly's quite well), so I'm not sure how representative this match was for the overall speed of SSB4. The Sudden Death rule definitely didn't help either.

From what I've been able to pick up about the mechanics, dashing seems questionable, landing lag is substantial and there's quite a bit of lag after a throw (which might help prevent chaingrabs, but also makes follow-ups essentially impossible). That being said, hitstun seems better than it was in Brawl and air dodges aren't as broken, so we'll see.
If Sakurai actually did watch the matches and noticed the campy FFAs and the time-out in the grand final he might decide to add some more offensive options, there's always hope.

THAT PAC-MAN THO!
First of all, I called it, but who didn't?
Second of all, YESSSSSSSS, this is exactly the Pac-Man I wanted. The silly and way-too-happy arcade Pac-Man is so much better than whatever Namco seems to being doing to the poor guy nowadays. It's kind of sad how Sakurai seems to treat these characters (Sonic, Pac-Man and Mega Man) far better than their actual franchises (as in "actually doing something with him" in the case of Mega Man). He better play well, because by Zarquon do I want this thing as one of my mains.

Chocolate Death said:
Symbolic purposes? What does that mean?

Idk, but:

GameXplain has confirmed that Mr. Game & Watch only appeared as a joke referencing his spot in video game history alongside Pac-Man.

Back