Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Oshawatt

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Snivy

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

kirdneh

Epic Trainer
What was your starter pokemon in Pokemon Black/White? What type was it? do you normally choose that type? what makes you choose a pokemon, strength, look, or what? what did you name your black/white starter? discuss.

My first starter in Black probably was a Snivy. I restarted it after getting White and now it's a Oshawott. But White's first starter was also a Snivy. Now it's a Servine waiting to evolve- I still haven't let it. Who said there were no Everstones in BW? :mad:

I like Serperior, but I dislike the way it doesn't have arms, so I prefer Servine better. Mainly because it probably does better in Pokemon Musicals than Serperior. :)

I liked Snivy because of its looks. I got into Pokemon because of the cuteness of the Pokemon- that's me. As for the types, I guess it's all the same. I chose the fire type in Platatium, and then Meganium in SoulSilver. I got Totodile in HeartGold. I beat the game in SS, failed with Infernape in Platatium, and beat the game in HG. I can never look at Feraligatr the same way now.

I started with the grass-type, Snivy. Ever since I saw the three starters, Snivy just stood out to me so I picked him. I really liked his final evolution, Serperior, and he's a great addition to my team. Most of the time I pick the water or fire-type. But since I liked Snivy so much then I was happy to have it as my grass-type. I decided to name him Smugleaf. LOL

I honestly just chose Snivy. The starter I choose the most is the Grass type, and that's because just about EVERYBODY chooses Fire. When I don't choose Grass, I choose water. In Sapphire, I chose Mudkip. In Emerald, I chose Treecko. In Diamond and Platinum, I chose Turtwig. In Soulsilver, I chose Totodile, then Chikorita when I restarted it. But fire... is overrated.

I was planning on Snivy, but it's stats and moveset put me off. Instead I chose Tepig, due to it's good moveset, and Emboar's bacon-ey epicness.
Seriously, it is the epitome of 'Pork Chop'.

I was seriously thinking about Tepig at first because he was so happy with his wide open-mouthed grin and since he's another Fire/Fighting type, which has usually been my best type, but I also liked how serious Oshawott looked with his stoic face. In the end I chose Oshawott, especially when I learned that his final evolution, Smaurott is classified as the Dignity Pokemon (at least the Japanese translation. Dignity!! Now that's one hell of a virtue!

Little story, I went with a Tepig named Jake. Jake was a powerful Emboar, defeating everything in his path.

At one point, I fought a Sandile with a freshly caught Victini, after my friend wrote a Fanfiction about how HER
freshly caught Victini beat an Elite 4 member too easily. (He had Hariyama, Onix, and Machamp.) I used Victini on him, but it died too easily to Sandile. Jake came for a revenge kill, sweeping the trainer's team, while, to this day, Victini has box space.

Another point was with Zoroark. I HAD NOT saved at this point. I switched out my Raikou for Jake, come Zoroark, and Jake nearly killed Zoroark with Arm Thrust. Luckily, it lived through the thrust, and I caught it.

At both points in time, Jake was a Pignite. He was also responsible for catching Victini.

Smugleaf (snivy) I choose you! *Snicker*
I chose this because it looks really awesome.
In black I got Tepig then traded it to white ASAP and reset. Then I got Oshawott.
My Unova Starter rankings
1. Serperior
2. Samurott
3. Snivy
4. Emboar
5. Oshawott
6. Tepig
7. Dewott (Do What!?)
8. Pignite
9. Servine.

I usally start off with the grass type pokemon, but White changed that... I didn't like how snivy looked stucked up and snobish. Besides, I had all ready had went head over heels for Oshawott. He was so cute! >w< So I started off with him instead. Then he became even better. He was a samuria fish otter thing! What more could of asked for?

I started with Tepig, because I've always wanted a pig Pokemon as a starter. I like all three starters, TBH. Emboar is a beast, and is my (in-game) team's main attacker. It wrecks everything. His name is Mr.Piggy.

my first starter was snivy on white but after beating the elite 4 twice i restartedand then i got a oshawott

My favorite starter is a Grass Type Pokemon. It's Treecko. In Pokemon Ruby, I choose Treecko. In Pokemon Emerald, I choose Treecko. In Pokemon Soulsilver(My main game), I choose Totodile. In Pokemon White(My main game), I choose Oshawott.

Snivy in White (the first I bought), Tepig in Black and I plan to choose Oshawott for B2 or W2 (Although I planned this when I thought we would get Grey instead)...

I choose Oshawott due to the fact knowing that Snivy's contrary ability wouldn't be released in game (Dream World only) which would obviously make it the best starter; however, since contrary was not released, I went with the superior (lol) Oshawott, and partways because he has the coolest second stage evo.

Back