SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Brawl thread/characters.

Abhorsen said:
Well Samus' Super Wavedash will most likely be removed for obvious reasons. It's not a move, it's a glitch. The standard Wavedash should also be removed since it wasn't intended to be in Melee in the 1st place. It's an abuse of game physics. Yes it makes a whole lot of characters better but it also makes the good characters broken (i.e. Marth, Falco, Fox, Shiek) and they didn't need any more help to get better. I hope Sakurai removes them even though I Wavedash alot myself. If he does remove them then Samus will drop down the tier list considerably since it's Wavedashing that makes her good simply because her roll-dodge sucks and running is too slow.

Samus isn't a slow runner... although I agree her roll is probably the worst in the game but her other numerous advantages make it up. Hey, you can even use bomb jump to substitute the roll! (It really does work...) Wavedash did make certain characters far too good but IMO pretty much every character can live without wavedashing (maybe except Luigi lol jk).

I wonder if L-canceling would be considered a glitch to be removed. It reduces aerial move's lag* which destroys the reason for aerial lag. On the other hand, there's Z-canceling in SSB64 which had the same function so it could be either intentional or continual error...

* It's possible to reduce lag to a nonexistent point but requires extreme timing; check out a SSBM movie called "Perfect Control" sometime and you'll see

She is pretty good in melee and the first one and she looks awesome in brawl. The best I have ever seen.:)

me too samus the new sheike but i hope zelda and sheike will be in it with the same techs

If you knew how to use her, Sheik could tear people apart. I never had the chance to sit down and actually learn how to use her, as I didn't care much for Zelda. [spoilers] If she has her sword in Brawl though (which looked awesome in Twilight Princess, BTW) then I'll definitely give her a try. Maybe instead of turning into Sheik this time though, she could turn into Midna instead. I won't spoil the game, but if you've beaten Twilight Princess, you'll understand why I said that. Sort of a connection between those two as well, and it'd be pretty cool to play as Midna without having her take up another slot.[/spoilers]

But chances are if Zelda is back, Sheik will be too. I'd like to see more transforming characters like her though. Having two sets of moves was pretty cool.

I personally liked Roy a lot (he was nowhere near as good as Marth, but come on, his sword lit people on fire, for crying out loud) but I would not mind seeing him gone as long as someone like Ike or Ephraim took his place. In fact, since Ephraim uses a spear instead of a sword, it'd be easier to have Marth in as well, as they'd be hard to clone each other due to different weapons.

What'd also be cool is if they added a feature like Soul Caliber has, where each character has a couple weapons, each with their strengths and weaknesses, to choose from. If they don't possess an actual weapon, then their physical stats could be enhanced instead. That way you'd not only have to master a character, but a weapon/form as well. I highly doubt that's going to happen, but I can wish, can't I?

yeah! i would like to see that too!

P.S. has anyone arkanus im worried about him

A_A, that bit you wrote on Twilight Princess I consider to be spoilers. I know I didn't really want to know any of that, so to prevent anyone else who is touchy about being spoiled, from being spoiled, I turned that part of the text white and made fake tags for it.

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
A_A, that bit you wrote on Twilight Princess I consider to be spoilers. I know I didn't really want to know any of that, so to prevent anyone else who is touchy about being spoiled, from being spoiled, I turned that part of the text white and made fake tags for it.

I think your plan isn't working i can still see it, little lone read it

Despite the fact it was in white, despite the fact it was a spoiler, and despite the fact I didn't want to read it...

yeah, I read it anyway.

I have a feeling birdo might crawl in somewhere, the demented pink yoshi seems to be popping up all over the mario related games after all. Probably Daisy too :[

I love Birdo, she's so cool. Anyone ever notice the giant rock on her finger?

How'd she get that? <_<

And Daisy would be the PERFECT girl candidate for Brawl, I really hope she gets in. Oh man that would be so hot.

hey what about items?
u cant miss those!

my characters and items wishlist:
guns
knives
wolf o donell

i'll update later.

Wolf would be Awesome! I always wanted to be him in Assault (the 2 player mode)

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
And Daisy would be the PERFECT girl candidate for Brawl, I really hope she gets in. Oh man that would be so hot.

Peach alternative outfit. ;)

Oh hush, you know that doesn't count. <_<

Daisy would be sooooo perfect. She needs to be a menacing, hard-hitting, hot-dressed KILLING MACHINE.

<3 Daisy

I never forgave Daisy for being so incredibly infinitely impossibly annoying in Mario strikers.

But birdo would be cool. And toad, lol.

I thought about toad and daisy. But for toad, I can't think of a moveset, and daisy, they would have to be awfuly creative to avoid making her a clone of peach.
For an Item, what about that blue shell from mario cart? It could zone in on the person that is in the lead, and explode them!

Blue shell would be okay.

Daisy is one of my favorite characters to be in Strikers, she's lookin' good in her totally-not-a-soccer-uniform-skintight-orange outfit. She's not afraid to get dirty and doesn't hesitate to power kick a ball in some crocodile man's face. My kind of girl, she had BETTER BE IN BRAWL OR I WILL CRY. :<

Birdo as a playable character would be kind of odd. I wonder what her triple jump would be? She definitely would be completely different from Yoshi.

Back