SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Brawl thread/characters.

Site's been updated. There isn't much, but they did reveal a new item: the Gooey Bomb.

item01_070524a.jpg

Apparently it's like a timed motion sensor bomb, but if it's attached to you you can try to get it to stick onto someone else by running against them or making contact with them. It will also stick to terrain, just like the motion sensor does.

They also revealed a bit more about Pit:

Official SSBB site said:
The protagonist in Kid Icarus. Pit's Sacred Bow of Palutena is actually two blades combined. He can separate them or unite them at will for use in battle.

The arrows Pit's bow unleashes shoot out like beams of light. Players can control the curves of their trajectories.
Sounds like it'll work a bit like Link/Young Link's bow and arrow attack, but it'd be really sweet if it worked like Samus's homing missile.

Wow, That looks pretty cool! I hate it how Nintendo always has to be so secretive about everything, though....

Is anyone else hoping that:
A- Link's down b will transform him into wolf(like zelda sheik in SSBM)
B- Sonic the Hedgehog will be a character

A. That would be pretty cool!

B. I would like Sonic and Co. to be on there, but I seriously doubt it. I mean, really! Do you ever see Sega using Nintendo characters?

I think Bomberman might be in it. He could have some awesome bomb moves!

Alchemist_Almighty said:
Site's been updated. There isn't much, but they did reveal a new item: the Gooey Bomb.

item01_070524a.jpg

Apparently it's like a timed motion sensor bomb, but if it's attached to you you can try to get it to stick onto someone else by running against them or making contact with them. It will also stick to terrain, just like the motion sensor does.

They also revealed a bit more about Pit:

Official SSBB site said:
The protagonist in Kid Icarus. Pit's Sacred Bow of Palutena is actually two blades combined. He can separate them or unite them at will for use in battle.

The arrows Pit's bow unleashes shoot out like beams of light. Players can control the curves of their trajectories.
Sounds like it'll work a bit like Link/Young Link's bow and arrow attack, but it'd be really sweet if it worked like Samus's homing missile.

That item is cool and it will be a good item if you can hold it and it will be a good item for traps too. Anyway as for Sonic I would like to see him as the last 3rd party character and as I have posted in my last post he will be great for Brawl. I will give a 90% chance that he will be part because of his speed and agility and also he will be in competition with characters like Fox and Yoshi and also Pikachu because they are quick on speed and fast on attacks.:)

The SSBB site (seen here) has been updated again with some of Pit's B moves:
SSBB site said:
B: Palutena Arrow
Pit draws his bowstring taut...and fires! The trajectory of the arrow can curve...steering up and down will bend the trajectory. His arrows travel as fast as light, though, so be quick. Very quick!

Up + B: Wings of Icarus
He's falling! Danger! ...But don't worry. The "Wings of Icarus" allow Pit to fly freely through the sky! In actuality, though, Pit is an angel who cannot ordinarily fly. After a while, he will fall, so be careful.
The idea of free flight (probably for only about 5 seconds though) sounds really awesome. This guy was already going to be the first new character I was going to try out (HUGE Kid Icarus fan) and he's sounding amazing already.

abaxter94 said:
I think Bomberman might be in it. He could have some awesome bomb moves!

I'd like to see Bomberman as well. Considering how much Hudson and Nintendo have worked together, I'd say there's good chance he could find his way into the game.

But besides Sonic, Megaman, Bomberman, and SQEX characters, it probably won't happen but, I'd really like to see Pulseman as well. *Crosses fingers and points to avatar* I just hope we can get a fair amount of third party characters, not too many, but just enough to please most players.

As far as I know, only 3 third party characters will be in this game, and one of those is Snake. One is also probably going to be Sonic, so more than likely there's one more up for grabs.

I actually don't want them releasing any Enix characters in this. Those should instead belong in an Ehrgeiz sequel, which is long overdue. For those who don't know, Ehrgeiz had FF7 characters in it that you could play as.

Alchemist_Almighty said:
As far as I know, only 3 third party characters will be in this game, and one of those is Snake.��One is also probably going to be Sonic, so more than likely there's one more up for grabs.

I actually don't want them releasing any Enix characters in this.��Those should instead belong in an Ehrgeiz sequel, which is long overdue.��For those who don't know, Ehrgeiz had FF7 characters in it that you could play as.

Yes, that's correct, I remember that they stated that besides Snake, 1 to 2 more third parties will be in the game. I'm game for anything as long as it's from a series I like.

Yes, but we'll probably never see a sequel to Ehrgeiz... But seriously, who wouldn't want to watch Cloud and Link go at it? ^ ^

I'm glad they are updating this site regularly...

The Super Scope makes a return to the game, but unlike Melee, where you're frozen in place while you shoot, in Brawl you can walk and jump while shooting! No word if this affects the rate of fire any, but that makes the Super Scope a LOT more useful, at least for anyone who's still battling using items.

Also, remember those astounding sequences in the first trailer that showed off super moves? Like Link bashing someone inbetween two Triforces or Mario incinerating everyone in flames? Looks like this little item is the one that allows you to do it:

basic02_070529a.jpg

It's called a Smash Ball, and the attack it allows you to unleash is called a Final Smash. It's a single-use item, so use it carefully. No word yet on how one goes about performing a Final Smash (or if the buttons are different for each character) but each promises to be a dazzling display. How fun would it be to play a match with only these as common drops, lol.

Mario's Final Smash: Mario Finale
mario_070529a-l.jpg
mario_070529b-l.jpg

mario_070529c-l.jpg

All puns aside, that move looks freaking hawt.

Lol SSBM is my best game and in SSBB l will sure beat a lot of you.

And l mean it! l am not joking no1 can beat me when it comes to smash bros and if you can beat me in smash bros than you can beat me with any game but you can't!

Ah l am so impatient to add the deeds to my words l will battle you all!!!!

(It is going online, rite?)

Don't get too braggy. You know, no matter how good you are, there's always someone better than you.....

Anyways, Sega is coming out with a new game call Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (yes, I know. Very, very odd.). So, if Sega obviously has permission to use a Nintendo character, then Nintendo can use a Sega character! Also, both SSBB and MSOG are coming out very, very close to the same time.

The above information makes me almost positive that Sonic is going to be in Brawl. Positive.

Ban-Man said:
Lol SSBM is my best game and in SSBB l will sure beat a lot of you.

And l mean it! l am not joking no1 can beat me when it comes to smash bros and if you can beat me in smash bros than you can beat me with any game but you can't!

Ah l am so impatient to add the deeds to my words l will battle you all!!!!

(It is going online, rite?)
Game play changes so if your good at melee you might not be good at brawl if they change how it play because Dragonballzbt2 plays diffrent on the wii then the past game that where on gamecube

Togeshroob said:
Don't get too braggy. You know, no matter how good you are, there's always someone better than you.....

Anyways, Sega is coming out with a new game call Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (yes, I know. Very, very odd.). So, if Sega obviously has permission to use a Nintendo character, then Nintendo can use a Sega character! Also, both SSBB and MSOG are coming out very, very close to the same time.

The above information makes me almost positive that Sonic is going to be in Brawl. Positive.

Nintendo and Sega have been competing heavily for a very long time and they used to have ads that even said Sega was the best and they are doing those ads any more and I still remember the one where the kid says"Sega" really fast.

Anyway The Super scope is a very good item to use but I don't use it because I love to use Pokeballs the Beam sword and the best of all the hammer because you could throw the Head in Melee so I hope you can still do that in Brawl. I love to throw the hammer head at opponents. It is aswesome and the Pokemon like Ho-oh and Lugia were cool so I hope they are in Brawl because they do good damage and Ialso hope they bring back the legendary birds because Moltres did heavy burning in Melle and if you touched him he did even more damage.:)

I liked Goldeen^..:)

dmaster out.

Have ALL the characters been released yet?These are the playable pokemon i am/was hoping for:
Pikachu-not hoping,but i know he's in it.
Giratina-It must have cool attacks and a cool arena
arceus-What could be better for a boss-like character?
Lucario-He is commonly recognised.

ive heard a lot of weird charecters are comming into play such as sonic shadow metal shonic cloud from final fantasy crash bandicoot and spy ro is this true?

No, those are rumored characters. Nintendo has not confirmed any of those. The only ones that HAVE been confirmed are:

Returning Fighters:
Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus, although featured in the first movie, has NOT been confirmed in her armored form

Newcomers:
Pit
Meta Knight
Zero-Suit Samus
Wario
Solid Snake

Everyone else has NOT been confirmed by Nintendo. They are simply popular hopefuls that will be included in the game.

I couldn't agree more with you. Sega and Nintendo's recent co-projects have certainly hinted towards Sonic being in SSBB. Then again, they could be oblivious to all the hub-ub fans are generating and not include him, but my guess is that a Sega mascot will probably be making its way onto SSBB. I can't think of a bigger mascot for Sega than Sonic though...

Anywho, site's been updated again. This time they've shown another new item; the Cracker Launcher.

item02_070531a.jpg

Official SSBB website said:
This is a shooting item. Basically, you hold it in your arms. After you grab this item, it’ll rapidly release blast after blast of firecrackers that explode gaudily. You can walk around and jump while holding the launcher.

You can also aim the launcher at different angles by tilting the Control Stick up or down.
Sounds like another hammer-type weapon to me.

Back