SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Brawl thread/characters.

I hope that their would be some of Snake characters.
now im thinking that the future of smb would be on all systems.

Oh yeah, Krystal from Starfox might get in. Might. I'd much prefer wolf though, or even Slippy.

You know what would be really cool? Playing as paper mario...

Uh, hah. I got a kick out of that comment.

I can easily see Krystal getting in, mainly because she's a female. Star Wolf I could sort of see, but I don't think he's as possible. IMO Starfox has really plummeted in the last couple games, especially with Star Fox Adventures. Now, I'm not saying it was a bad game (it was slightly less than mediocre) but it wasn't...you know, a typical Star Fox game. Assault helped bring it back a bit, but it's still falling in popularity. I really want SF64 to release on VC, that way more people can play that game and see how great the series once was. Or the original, I don't really care.

You know what I'd love to see once SSB has had its run? I want to see a multi-platform release that has Microsoft's, Sony's, AND Nintendo's biggest mascots in it. They could split the profit three ways, and I GUARANTEE it would sell just as well, if not better, than SSB. But since all three companies have WAY too much pride in themselves, it'll never happen.

Yeah, I know, slightly off-topic. But it was a nifty thought.

^ I agree. So many people are complaining about the change in the Starfox series, I really don't know why Nintendo are so keen to change it. It was a great gaming formula, it didn't need changing at all...

lol if crash bandicoot were ever to appear on a SSB game... *moves handicap to one*

AHHH. We missed the obvious one here guys. What about being able to play as your very own Mii?

I could see Mii being a possibile character. It could be like a create a character mode.

For those who have played Guilty Gear Isuka (I'll be suprised if anybody here has...) It could work like Robo-Ky II.

You start out with no special moves and very weak normal attacks. You could earn points by playing through the modes with your character and use them to buy certain moves and equip them. The better moves cost more points and there is a limit to the amount of points you can have total. (So you couldn't equip all of the best moves in the game and be totaly broken.) You could also possibly adjust the gravity of the character and add other special atributs such as Link's shield or multiple jumps. However they would have to be creative with the visuals to explain how a Mii is jumping like Kirby across the stage. Or if they wanted to make it even better they could add accesories for you to customize your character and make it look how you'd like.

Ahh, memories of GGI...

Anyway, I thought Mii wouldn't be a bad idea, but he definitely wouldn't have this whole thing you're thinking of with all these bonuses and stuff. I don't feel that's going to happen.
Realistically, I feel that he could have a regular moveset, except his color, size, and face would change with what Mii you last used. It would work like the way Miis were imported into Wii Sports, except with SSBB.

Still, it's still pretty rare that he'll be in Brawl in the first place.

[ChanseyMaster]

Seeing as how it's a Mii, maybe it could use the remote to clobber people with. And of course the tennis racket from Wii tennis >:]

Some of the wario-ware characters in brawl would be... interesting...

I hope they have a mode wher you have to level up your character before you are strong enough to fight. Sort of like pokemon but the higher your levels the stronger your attacks are only.:)

EDIT I know you guys already know fox is in but I am confirming for sure that he is in the game and I will put another up next month so please do not lock the thread thank you.:)

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead for a VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE. The official Super Smash Bros. Brawl site has just gone up today, which can be found here:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

You can view it in english and right now there isn't much, all they show is how to play the game and the battlefield level (along with screenshots of already confirmed characters), but they also show the list of musicians that will be contributing to the game. Needless to say, the list is pretty hawt.

Also, there's evidence showing that we are indeed getting the game THIS YEAR (currently says "planned for 2007 release"). My guess is that we'll see it sometime in October or November, since they've already announced MP3's release date (08-20-07) and they won't repeat their mistake of releasing SSB before or right next to a MP game again (Melee killed MP2's sales). We'll probably see Mario Galaxy in time for the holiday season, which will put it in either at late November or early-to-mid December. They may release Galaxy first and save Brawl for the holiday icon, but I doubt it. Releasing Brawl first would be the smarter move.

Check the site periodically, as it has several other sections as well (currently down) like Characters, Items, Modes, and Notices.

that so cool but in past game they put music from people in it so will any animal crossing people be in it not ask player but like the nintendogs

M list of newcomers

Lucario
Deoxys
Kind dee dee
baby bowser
Midna with wolf link
Maybe
Zant of TLOZ twilight princes
Sonic
Shadow
Tails
Knukles

Are all the characters from melee gonna be in this because Marth is my best and also Link,Samus and Fox.

On wikipedia.com, they have super smash bros brawl info! LOADS! There will be Samus (no suit, did you know she is a girl?) Link, and Fox!

Alchemist_Almighty said:
I'm bringing this thread back from the dead for a VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE. The official Super Smash Bros. Brawl site has just gone up today, which can be found here:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

You can view it in english and right now there isn't much, all they show is how to play the game and the battlefield level (along with screenshots of already confirmed characters), but they also show the list of musicians that will be contributing to the game. Needless to say, the list is pretty hawt.

Also, there's evidence showing that we are indeed getting the game THIS YEAR (currently says "planned for 2007 release"). My guess is that we'll see it sometime in October or November, since they've already announced MP3's release date (08-20-07) and they won't repeat their mistake of releasing SSB before or right next to a MP game again (Melee killed MP2's sales). We'll probably see Mario Galaxy in time for the holiday season, which will put it in either at late November or early-to-mid December. They may release Galaxy first and save Brawl for the holiday icon, but I doubt it. Releasing Brawl first would be the smarter move.

Check the site periodically, as it has several other sections as well (currently down) like Characters, Items, Modes, and Notices.

It will probobly come out just in time for christmas of this year and since the new Pokemon game for Wii is still upon us too it will be the best of all 3 games and I have not seen any new characters in my Nintendo Power issues yet but not only is Zero suit Samus going to be in the game the regular Samus will be in too but it is not new but I should mention it anyway. Since D/P just came out last month SSBB will be pushed later to those times because D/P is a big hit too so I would say around Christmas for a release date and I hope this game will have the best characters of all time for the Smash Bros trilogy and I hope it has some good pokemon as items and I hope to see some good levels too. Remember they did a little bit at a time when Melee first came out so they are doing a little bit at a time to make sure that we are watching closely.:)

I don't think they will bring in more than two or three people from one game series (besides Mario). Also, I'm not so sure about Sonic and Co. (I mean, he's had many fighting games, and he's from Sega....).

Here's my list of possible and confirmed characters:

1. Mario
2. Paper Mario (Kind of like Doctor Mario) (Paper Mario could use the power of pixls!) (I can really see him on SSBB!)
3. DK
4. Yoshi
5. Snake
6. Meta Knight
7. Zero Suit Samus
8. Pikachu
9. Wario
10. Pit
11. Kirby
12. Lucario (I can really see him on SSBB too!)
13.Nastasia(I can really see her on SSBB too!)
14. Bowser
15.Princess Shroob
16. Link
17.Zelda
18 Manaphy (floats around like Mewtwo)
19. King Dee Dee Dee
20. Count Bleck

I can see that Lucario would be good but he will not make it because of the D/P games just came out and also because they started making the 4th generation too lat for Lucario to be in the game and alot of us want Lucario in but it is not going to work. There are alot of characters that we do want and Sonic is a possibilty but there is only going to be 3 characters that will be classic. We had alot of classic charaters iun Melee so there will not be that many this time around and they have completely revamped the character roster except for the first 12 characters. Who knows what the rest of the characters will be for now because they are still working on that part of the game. If I get more information on any new characters I will post as soon as I can but for now the characters that we know about will be the ones in the game. Remember only a few more months until we know of a release date and you should get that information in about 2 months or so because if they tell us now then they may not be done by that time to have it on the shelves for us to buy it. I think they are still nigotiating the release date anyway so stay tuned to this thread for more information.:)

These People I could see in the new game:

Sonic
Shadow/Knuckles*
Megaman (X)
Zero
Waluigi
Bowser Jr.
Boo

* If it was Shadow, it would be a clone. If kuckles, a completely different move set.

Togeshroob said:
Also, I'm not so sure about Sonic and Co. (I mean, he's had many fighting games, and he's from Sega....).

Fighting games? I can't ever recall Sonic in a fighter, except maybe Sonic Battle for the GBA.

And I dunno, Sonic's a very likely candidate for Brawl, he's been one from the start, but expecially now that we have Sega and Nintendo teaming up for "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games" V

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_and_sonic_at_the_olympic_games

Sonc is not much of a fighter but I can see him in Brawl because he would be fast like Fox and Yoshi and I think he would pack a really good punch like Mario does. I can see him in the game also because Sonic is sort of a race hero like Captain Facon was with F-Zero so I could see a target test with sonic racing on a level similar to his game type so I definetly think he will be in. I could not see any reason why he would not make it and even though he is a 3rd party character he would be a great candidate for hard core and expert players too.:)

Back