SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Brawl thread/characters.

Wow some people have unbelievably high hopes for characters making it into the game. Yes it IS fun to think of characters we want in but what has been suggested is seriously ridiculous.

For the final time: Palkia will NOT be a playable character, EVER. There will never be non-main characters from the Sonic games playable, Sonic is the only one who stands a chance to be playable. There will be absolutely nothing from Yu-gi-oh in Brawl, and I highly doubt anything from DBZ will be in it too. Real life people do not exist in the Nintendo world, so that excludes Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer too, lol. Even though everyone would love Chuck Norris and his one move: The Roundhouse kick :p

Abhorsen said:
For the final time: Palkia will NOT be a playable character, EVER. There will never be non-main characters from the Sonic games playable, Sonic is the only one who stands a chance to be playable. There will be absolutely nothing from Yu-gi-oh in Brawl, and I highly doubt anything from DBZ will be in it too. Real life people do not exist in the Nintendo world, so that excludes Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer too, lol. Even though everyone would love Chuck Norris and his one move: The Roundhouse kick :p
Sadly, I think the only way people are going to pay attention to this is if it's drilled into their skulls. This has been said about five or six times, yet people continue to ignore it.
It sure gets annoying after a while. :/

Anyway, I hope they'll just take out Pichu/Mewtwo and add two new Pokemon in, one of which I hope will be Deoxys.

And Yoshi needs some better stages. Perhaps a Yoshi's Story level where the page actually turns and changes the stage? (And the Yoshi's grew even HAPPIER, :D)

[ChanseyMaster]

I hope they keep Mewtwo and Pichu, good idea about the Yoshi's Story level, and Abhorsen what about my Gameboy idea?

abaxter94 said:
Do you think that a regi could make it into the game? They have a human like form, and I could imagine one with a move set...

I would like regice to be in it

B- Ice beam
<-> B- Slash
/ B- Mirror coat
/ B- Gust

-----------------------------
Red eyes B. Chick

B- Black flame 6%
/ B- Hide in egg 0% Serves as shield
/ B- flap 0% Also serves as shield
<-> B- Roll out 2%
xxashxx said:
You guys have good ideas and I would like to see some levels from melee return like the 2 pokemon levels I mentioned yesterday and I would like to see samus's and the other level that you fight metal mario and metal luigi on in melee return that would be sweet. I think it is the battlefield or something like that.:)

How about charizard *

B Dark swirl (Charge able)
Down-B Stomp
Up-B Wing attack Jumps up in the air with his wings glowing something like mario's up & B
Left-Right B Rotating claws

For those who knowst not charizard * here is a picture of him

Mewtwo has no reason to be removed.

johnonb's Goku down B move = star power

And Chuck Norris can't be in the game, he would always win every match.

Ready... GO!This game's winner is.... CHUCK NORRIS

I wonder what meta-knights movesets are if anyone finds out please tell me!

Palkia said:
Red eyes B. Chick

B- Black flame 6%
/ B- Hide in egg 0% Serves as shield
/ B- flap 0% Also serves as shield
<-> B- Roll out 2%
Didn't Abhorsen JUST say this wasn't going to happen? :/

Also, if they're gonna keep Mewtwo in, they've really gotta change his moveset. He's just now good enough the way he is now. (Excluding a few moves: Bair/Uair/Utilt = Awesome moves)

[ChanseyMaster]

I don't know if this has been posted but, there's something on YouTube about Brawl.  Click here.

Edit: Apparently, there's A LOT of Brawl stuff. But I still think this one is cool ;p.

Arcanine out.

Arcanine 274 - That's the first trailer to Brawl, we have known about it... for quite a while, to say the least.

If you check here, you can check out the second trailer - these are the only official Brawl movies. Everything else is fake. =)

i would not like any DBZ YUGIOH or real life people
i would not like sinic eather this is my
opion dont hurt me they should keep all the charter
and just add

Mewtwo_93 said:
and Abhorsen what about my Gameboy idea?
It will never happen. "Characters" are characters for a reason, a Gameboy will not be playable. How is it supposed to walk or jump? It can't float everywhere because that makes it immune to some attacks. There won't be any technology or hardware playable, every playable character will be a main character from a Nintendo game (excluding 3rd parties).

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
Arcanine 274 - That's the first trailer to Brawl, we have known about it... for quite a while, to say the least.

If you check here, you can check out the second trailer - these are the only official Brawl movies. Everything else is fake. =)
Lol like I said a while ago, I'm an Smash n00b-cake.  So, I was almost positive that y'all had seen it already.  But thought I'd post it just in case ;p.

Thanks for the link.

Arcanine out.

This is just a idea i hopeing they will be it

That video was awesome and I wish we could see all characters and it would be cool if they did and I predict that the game will be out in fall 2007 I don't know why I think that but it is my prediction and I hope my predictions are right.:)

I'm suspecting anywhere between July - September, even though I really wish that the rumor about it being out in June is correct.

I wonder if Sakurai will intentionally leave the ability to wavedash in the game. I'd say yes, just because it's so popular in tournaments. I would be pretty annoyed if he removed stuff like wavedashing, L-cancelling, and other stuff like Super Wavedashing.

[ChanseyMaster]

ChanseyMaster said:
I'm suspecting anywhere between July - September, even though I really wish that the rumor about it being out in June is correct.

I wonder if Sakurai will intentionally leave the ability to wavedash in the game. I'd say yes, just because it's so popular in tournaments. I would be pretty annoyed if he removed stuff like wavedashing, L-cancelling, and other stuff like Super Wavedashing.

[ChanseyMaster]

What wavedashing and super wavedashing???

ChanseyMaster said:

[ChanseyMaster]
Well Samus' Super Wavedash will most likely be removed for obvious reasons. It's not a move, it's a glitch. The standard Wavedash should also be removed since it wasn't intended to be in Melee in the 1st place. It's an abuse of game physics. Yes it makes a whole lot of characters better but it also makes the good characters broken (i.e. Marth, Falco, Fox, Shiek) and they didn't need any more help to get better. I hope Sakurai removes them even though I Wavedash alot myself. If he does remove them then Samus will drop down the tier list considerably since it's Wavedashing that makes her good simply because her roll-dodge sucks and running is too slow.

Silver The Hedgehog, and Palkia a Wave Dash is i think a Sidestep Dodge, correct me if im wrong.

Back