SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: Super Smash Brawl Characters

There's no saying that Diddy or Dixie will or will not be in Brawl. The only thing we DO know is that DK will be in because he is one of the original 12, and even still, technically no one is confirmed until Sakurai confirms them.

I hope they make it to the game because they would be great and they could add k rool as an item some way some how too.:)

Gamefreak734 said:
What about Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Jiggypuff, Pichu and Zelda?

Luigi and Jigglypuff are part of the original 12, so they will definitely be in.

Peach and Zelda are girls and important parts of the games they come from, that pretty much guarantees them a spot.

Bowser is also important to the Mario universe, I see no reson to remove him.

And then there's Pichu. He is the only one I could see being removed, or at least redone to make him stand out from Pikachu.

I want pichu in but his attacks need to be fixed so he does not take damage every time you use his electric moves.:)

Falcon's probaby in as well. Like others have been saying, the original 12 are probably guaranteed a spot, just because they're the original 12.

I want to see Sonic in as well, and if there's room for only one more third-party character, it better be Megaman or a Castlevania character...*glares at Nintendo*

All I know is that Nintendo better release something about the game soon. It's been a couple months since any new developments have surfaced and I'm getting antsy.

And xxashxx, be more careful about thread revival next time. I really don't want to lock this thread, but if you revive it and it wasn't for a legitimate update, I'll have no choice, alright?

BTW, Pit is going to own. He'll be my first character I try out unless they reveal a Castevania character.

Hmmmm, i wonder if there will be any Final Fantasy characters in the game, or Soul Caliber, remember Link was a character in that game.

Blitz said:
Hmmmm, i wonder if there will be any Final Fantasy characters in the game, or Soul Caliber, remember Link was a character in that game.

They really should keep marth in the game he is awesome

My brother is convinced that Deoxys and Lucario will be playable characters.

Deoxys would make a good candidate, if you think about it. He could utilize all four forms while in battle, and it would look ultra slick to make him change forms flawlessly. Or maybe have it like a Sheik transformation, and input commands in battle to swap forms.

Lucario because he was the star of a movie and he can actually fight.

And somewhat linking to the topic of Soul Caliber, I think Ditto would make an excellent addition. Ditto would be Soul Caliber's Charade; every round yields a new character. In Smash terms, Ditto could be someone different every time you respawn. It would require ultimate strategy to use Ditto well since you'd pretty much have to be good with everyone in order to win. I think it would also be interesting to have Ditto randomly transform into random unlocked characters every minute or so (an alternative to every spawn transform?), the exception being if you are recovering (so you don't end up screwing yourself over).

Not to mention that if Ditto was in, I think less people would complain about the fact that Ditto is a Pokémon and concentrate on him being everyone literally at the same time.

And Nintendo actually owns Ditto. So there's another point for him.

Ditto for Brawl :D

i hope deoxys is in it and with mewtwo that would make a great hot spot for them

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:

Deoxys would make a good candidate, if you think about it. He could utilize all four forms while in battle, and it would look ultra slick to make him change forms flawlessly. Or maybe have it like a Sheik transformation, and input commands in battle to swap forms.

And somewhat linking to the topic of Soul Caliber, I think Ditto would make an excellent addition. Ditto would be Soul Caliber's Charade; every round yields a new character. In Smash terms, Ditto could be someone different every time you respawn. It would require ultimate strategy to use Ditto well since you'd pretty much have to be good with everyone in order to win. I think it would also be interesting to have Ditto randomly transform into random unlocked characters every minute or so (an alternative to every spawn transform?), the exception being if you are recovering (so you don't end up screwing yourself over).

Not to mention that if Ditto was in, I think less people would complain about the fact that Ditto is a Pokémon and concentrate on him being everyone literally at the same time.

They made a mistake in the players guide for melee and it says that ditto appears as an item in the pokeballs but he never appears. Anyway that players guide has MAJOR mistakes in it and it is too many to reveal them all.:)

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:

Ditto could transform into the last person that attacked him. Example: Roy attacks ditto. Ditto transforms into roy. Ditto roy is attacked by mario. Ditto roy now transforms into Mario.

xxashxx said:
They made a mistake in the players guide for melee and it says that ditto appears as an item in the pokeballs but he never appears. Anyway that players guide has MAJOR mistakes in it and it is too many to reveal them all.:)
Yes, Ditto did not exist in the final copy of Melee, but he was actually originally going to be included. I won't explain what the Debug Menu is, but inside of it you can choose what Pokemon comes out of a Pokeball (from their list). Ditto was included in the list, and when he comes out, he jumps, spins around, and does a bit of damage.

For a very long time I have wanted Deoxys in Brawl, in fact, I've wanted it in since Brawl was announced. It's ability to change forms could be done through Down+B, or possible new tweaks in the new game. Each form would have it's own characteristics such as attack mode doing more damage, defense form recieving less knockback, speed form being faster and having a better Up+B, and neutral form being the most well-rounded.

Deoxys for Brawl!

[ChanseyMaster]

I saw A pic of the back of the game where it had sonic and one of the wabbits from rayman(spare me).

I saw another pic where it had a charector selection. The charectors were as follows:

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Wario, Waligi, DK, Crystal, Fox, Falco, Kirby, Metanite, Link, Zelda, Gandorf, Diddy Kong, Meowth, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, (can't make out the next two), Captin Falcon, (can't make out the next one), snake, marth, roy, Ness, Pit, Ice Climbers, (can't make out the next one), Knuckles, and Sonic.
Don't Belive me, well how do you like this: http://img.sheezyart.com/art/medium/91/912310.jpg

Meowth, hmmm.... mabey. He could send out pay days, or could use slash...
Cyrstal from Star Fox would be cool to see to.

I'm sorry, but at the bottom of that pic it says "created by...". It does look a bit authentic, though.

I really hope that they put decent pokemon in this one. Kirby and jigglypuff in the same game?!!come on!

i like if
lucario
deoxys
sonic
shadow
zant
midna and wolf link
king dede

Back