SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: Super Smash Brawl Characters

xxashxxx, that's Zero Suit Samus... we know she is in the game because she was in the first trailer. We've known about her inclusion for months.

Do be more careful next time.

I never seen that picture until I saw it in my issue that I just got yesterday and I thought it was some one from another game because I have never seen her that good looking for smashbros. I don't have zero mission and I thought it was the fusion suit because I have heard that in prime you can get it by beating the game. That is why I thought it was another person and I never saw it until now. Please do not lock because I will have another character next month.:)

xxashxx, take a look at this movie.

http://www.smashbros.com/en/movie/movie02.html

This is an official gameplay movie featuring all known characters, including Fox, who is shown at the end. It's the most recent video of SSBB.

If your next issue profiles any character seen in this video, don't post about it. Everyone concerned about Brawl has seen this video and already knows that he/she/it is in the game.

But if the character is not in the video, then go ahead and post. :)

That was cool and it was the first clip I have ever seen. I will let you know next month. Sorry I had never seen that before. Do you know if fox's partner falco the blue bird guy is in?:)

alway's good to see fox back.
any xxashxx falco has a slim chance of coming back i think..

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2006/08/19/super-smash-bros-brawl-creators-hint-at-sonic-as-the-next-wii-fighter.htm

Here is another possible character sonic might be in the Game read the article for furture info because a lot of people have been requesting him and I am not sure if you guys know or not but it is a possiblity that he may appear in the game.:)

xxashxx,
that video is really old...

anyways,

if they put sonic in i bet there will be tails,kunckles and shadow in it.

*think how how much massive desstruction he can create with shadow*

It was on the front page when I seached with google and I am only trying to help guys.:)

xxashxx - The link you posted contains the very first trailer. The link I gave is the official site; it, too, shows the first trailer, but the link I gave is the second trailer - the most recent.

There is no word on Falco. I hope they make him different from Fox, if he is included in Brawl. And by different, I mean like how Mario is different than Donkey Kong kind of different. Not "LOL FALCO IS SLWOER TEN F0X!11!" kind of different.

But I did hear something that bothered me, that Sakurai had said that Pit will be the only 'classic' character in Brawl. If this is true, then Ice Climbers are gone. :(

I like them... :(

Sonic's inclusion in Brawl depends on Sega. I don't see why they wouldn't let him in, since Sonic has graced both the GCN and the DS. If any unconfirmed character that wasn't in Melee had any chance of being in, Sonic would definitely be the #1 choice. I would go so far as to say that he is guaranteed a spot. We just need Sakurai to confirm it.

Don't count on Sonic's buddies making it in, though. MAYBE one. Cream lol

But don't count on it. Sonic almost definitely, Sonic's pals have no chance.

Does this mean that ness won't be in it? He was my favourite character. What about Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Jiggypuff, Pichu and Zelda?

No, Ness was in the original 8 so the chances of him being in are very high.
Also, I personally believe Sonic will make it in because a poll of the most-wanted third-party character had Sonic winning in a landslide.
Lastly, Sakurai hopes to remove/re-do all of the clones (Fox/Falco, Mario/Dr. Mario/Luigi, Link/Young Link, etc.) I don't imagine Falco will be removed, but just redone.
Also, Sakurai is so into removing all the clones, at one time he was thinking about REMOVING Luigi, although I believe he has now taken that back.
Still, I don't think there's gonna be a single clone in the next game (hopefully).

[ChanseyMaster]

I think that characters that have appeared in both games so far will definitely be included, hoping for some good new characters though, if they have Snake then who else could they use?

I really don't want to see sonic in there. If they include him, they're going to include tails and knuckles and... eurgh. keep away you danm blue spiky thing (not you qwilfish).

Smash bros used to be an all nintendo thing... including sega's mascot is like blasphemy. Solid snake shouldn't be in there, but there's no helping that now.

bacon-boy said:
I really don't want to see sonic in there. If they include him, they're going to include tails and knuckles and... eurgh.
Umm, not really.
Sonic won by a landslide, not the rest of the team. Plus, Sakurai stated he only wanted three third-party characters, so if Sonic did make it in, there'd only be room for one more (probably from yet another third-party company)

bacon-boy said:
Smash bros used to be an all nintendo thing... including sega's mascot is like blasphemy. Solid snake shouldn't be in there, but there's no helping that now.
Also, I personally don't see whats wrong with this. I'm a huge Nintendo fan and I don't mind Sega whatsoever. Nintendo has been working with Sega for a while now producing Sonic games that I have REALLY enjoyed (I don't know if anyone else did) and putting Sonic in Brawl would really connect the two corperations.

Hey, as long as we don't get Master Chief I'm happy.

[ChanseyMaster]

Luigi, a clone of Mario? Ha. Yeah right.

I would say that Ness is classic, but not exactly - he was also in a game for SNES, and as ChanseyMaster pointed out, he's part of the original 12 so he is guaranteed a spot. He's not a clone of anyone and Sakurai really has no reason to remove him.

I'd say Game & Watch and Ice Climbers are the only two truly 'classic' characters slated for the axe.

And as for Smash being Nintendo-only, let's not forget that Snake would have been in Melee had his inclusion been requested early enough.

I welcome Sonic. I can't really think of anyone I wouldn't want to see, but I know that no matter who Sakurai picks (third-party or otherwise), someone out there is going to be saying, "ARGH WHY DID THEY INCLUDE/EXCLUDE (character), WHAT WAS HE THINKING ARGGGGGGG"

They may include diddy knong or dixie kong instead of DK because DK was in the last 2 games but I am not sure but I would like to see them appear in the game and if they appear as a cameo that would be cool too.:)

DK is one of the original 12. He is definitely in.

Why not diddy and dixie? the would be a great pair of characters in the game and in DKC2 you could throw them at baddies so why not use the throw technique in brawl?:)

Back