SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
RE: Super Smash Brawl Characters

Dr. mario was made for the nes and game boy a long time ago and the diffrence is that Dr. mario was similar to tetris but had a twist of wiping out viruses in stead of just clearing lines and blocks like you do in tetris.:)

bacon

!!!!!

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
Yeah, that's totally real, I mean, the Moon is totally a feasible character.

rofl if that was a playable character all you'd have to do to win is roll over.

Smash brothers wise, I think the only difference between doc and mario is that doc has a longer cape, his special jump might be slightly different, and ofcourse he fires pills instead of fireballs. His tornado thing might be different too, but I'm not to sure about that.

And... well, I won't miss young link :/ he wasn't anything special.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

Sorry guys I checked my smashbros files last night and DK has NOT appeared yet but will most likely be in the game and I think the 1st 12 will probobly make it but I am not sure. Here are some others that will be in the game:)

Solid snake
Mario
Kirby
Pit
meta knight
wario
pikachu

Those are the 7 revealed characters so far. Sorry about the DK mistake but he will probobly be in the game.:)

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

I will add another character next month when I get my next issue of nintendo power.:)

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

I son't get the characters until my next issue comes and that will be around the 20th of next month so that is the only time I will be able to post it and I hope every one can understand because they only come once a month sorry guys that is the best I can do.:)

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

Oh yeah I forgot about that rule and I hope this thread does not get locked when I update it next month. Thanks for reminding me.:)

ShadowX

Gaming master

I don't know why you use Nintendo power for your info. I use smashboards the OFFICIAL SSB,SSBM and SSBB info source.

Shade Daroach

watching ssbb video and these are the charicters we havent seen:(or i havent heard of)

angel guy called pit
zero suit samus
snake

and theres an item that makes a giant labrador( nintedogs) come and attack every thing!!!

Lieutenant Houndoom

Back from the...

Pit/Kid Icarus is the titular character of Kid Icuras (duh). Pretty early game, not too sure when It came out.

Snake: Metal Gear Solid series. Uh... something.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

Kid icarus came out in the early 90's and it played like metroid mario bros and zelda but after it was made they for got about him so there was no more games ever made.:)

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

abaxter94 said:
I think Nintendo should chose between marios. I can't see any difference between dr. mario and mario, except for their looks. Can some one point out the difference?

• Doc is slower, but not by much.
  • Doc's Super Sheet is thinner than Mario's Cape.
  • Recovery-wise, Mario's Cape helps a lot more than Dr. Mario's Super Sheet, but both can be used one time for recovering purposes.
  • Doc's tornado move shoots foes at a different angle.
  • Mario's fair (forward + A in the air) is a Meteor Smash; Doc's is not. Doc's fair sends them flying at an upwards angle.
  • Doc's A-A-A combo is slower.
  • Their taunts are different.
  • Doc's forward smash has less range and hurts more.

That's all I can think of right now.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

I hope the will have some characters fromelee come too and I hope mewtwo return and I hope they get rid of jigglypuff and put in another pokemon and it will make the game more fun because jiggly puff is not the right pokemon for the smashbros series because he is not that strong of a pokemon.:)

Alchemist_Almighty

Don't camp the baby...

xxashxx said:
I hope the will have some characters fromelee come too and I hope mewtwo return and I hope they get rid of jigglypuff and put in another pokemon and it will make the game more fun because jiggly puff is not the right pokemon for the smashbros series because he is not that strong of a pokemon.:)

I can murder people with Jigglypuff. You just don't know how to use her ;). Plus, I highly doubt Jiggly will be cut since she's in the original 12 and she's actually pretty powerful if you know what you are doing.

bacon

!!!!!

Jiggly can be good, if only for rest, but people use it way too often in tournaments. I think nintendo will keep all of the characters from melee, after all they already have the characters programmed so they might as well re-use them... although they could get rid of Pichu :/

Abhorsen

Offically retired

The majority of characters from Melee will stay in Brawl. However some characters will be cut due to their popularity.

As far as I can predict, these are the characters which may not be returning to Brawl:
-Young Link
-G&W
-Pichu
-Dr. Mario
-Roy
-Ice Climbers
-Mewtwo

A statement was already made my the developer for the series that Pit will be the only "classic" character in Brawl, which means G&W and IceClimbers are out as they haven't had any games made in years. The others I listed were the unpopular ones or clones. They could return, but I don't think they will. Brawl isn't going to be like Melee where there will be clones of characters, everyone will be unique this time and it should stay like that. If any of the clones do return they will be revamped with entirely new movesets.

Alchemist_Almighty

Don't camp the baby...

Roy? NOOOOOOOO! He's my favorite! Well, Nintendo better not make Marth the only FE character on Brawl or I'll be ticked...