Writing Soul of the Tiger

Is the plot moving too fast or is it a little slow? Give me your feedback below if you can!

• Total voters
RE: Warriors: Soul of the Tiger [PG-13] (Chapter 2 Preview Up On: August 16, 2012)

Again, you used a 'it's' in a sentence when it wasn't supposed to be there. Regardless, this is the best works I've seen for a long time. :)

RE: Warriors: Soul of the Tiger [PG-13] (Chapter 2 Preview Up On: August 16, 2012)

Its lookin great. I'm truly loving it. Lucky caught all the mistakes and everything.

“I’m not there, you mouse-brain!” the snarling mew broke into a harsh yowl.
"The" should be capitalized; the following content after the dialogue is a complete sentence by itself.

Looking pretty good though. :3

Thanks everyone. Hopefully Chapter Two will be up sometime around September 1st.

RE: Warriors: Soul of the Tiger [PG-13] (Chapter 2 PREVIEW: 8/16/12)

AN: I know I just posted the preview for Chapter Two like a few days ago, but for some strange reason, I'm still having trouble working out how I should write the beginning. So for now, I just started working on Chapter Three just to give myself a little more time to stretch my creative juices. But in the meantime, enjoy this tasty little sneak-peek at the third chapter.

Page Count: 4
Words (and counting): 998
Chapter Three: Eagle Eyes
The soft light of the rosy dawn filtered through the hanging tendrils of the capacious cave that he slept in, casting a long shadow of his own figure on the smooth gray ground that seemed to reach the dark clumps of shadows gathered at the very rear of the cave. Aware that it was in the early stages of dawn, he slowly lifted his head from his paws and drew in a deep breath, feeling the wings of serenity wrap around his being. Since when did the light of dawn last touch my pelt? Greeting dawn’s soft kiss on his face, he tipped his head back slightly to take in the admirable peace and silence that came with the morning. I forgot how lovely it can be. He thought privately as he opened his eyes, barely able to piece together the hazy and watery outline of the capacious cave he slept in. Hauling himself up, he arched his back and extended his forelegs all the way, feeling his spine and ribcage expand slightly at the action. Ah, that feels great. He reverted back into a sitting position and switched his gaze to the opening of the den. Now, his eyes having shaken off the clutches of sleep, can distinguish the dark green, rough-looking tendrils sagging in the entrance.

He couldn’t suppress a mew of disgust. “Who would keep things like those?” He whispered privately, unconsciously envisioning larger tendrils snaking their way around him. He shuddered at the thought. I wouldn’t Gingerly, he approached the edge of the den entrance and flattening his bristling pelt against the smooth wall, measuring his steps carefully so the tendrils wouldn’t land a single touch on his fur. After a few moments, the attempt was successful and he stepped out and into the open clearing of the camp, his pelt rippling gracefully in the soft breeze of morning.

Glancing around, he noticed that the camp had four massive walls surrounding it, forming a square shape when viewed from the top. Turning his head, he allowed his gaze to follow the immense height of the stone-gray walls. “Incredible.” He whispered in awe, his gaze slowly following the square outline that the walls formed. Lowering his gaze, he found himself locking gazes with the she-cat he defeated the other day.

“Done admiring the sky?” The gray she-cat chipped in impatiently, using the same annoyed tone.

He was speechless. Where did you spring from? Seeing the brisk flick of her tail, he immediately responded. “J-Just looking at the stone walls.” He stuttered awkwardly, breaking his gaze from her and pretended to admire the gray walls that surrounded the spacious camp.

He flinched as the gray she-cat hissed indignantly.. “Then, are you done admiring the mouse-brained stone walls?” Her ice-blue eyes held leaf-bare’s frosty look.

Who put ants on her bedding? He bit his lips to controls the words from flowing out. Holding her icy gaze steadily, he flashed back. “If you say so, then yes.” He deliberately spoke with gritted teeth, eyeing her furiously as he lashed his tail.

“Fine then, StarClan knows we haven’t got all day.” She spun around abruptly, deliberately whipping her dense tail across his face. The she-cat looked over her shoulder, narrowing her eyes at him. “Come with me, the leader wants to see you.”

“Who is a mouse-brained kittypet.” He hissed under his breath as he shifted his paws, stepping forward to follow the she-cat. “That doesn’t deserve leadership over this forsaken clan of crowfood.” He added a venomous emphasis to the last four words, leaving a deep mark on the smooth cave floor with his black claws.

“What did you say?” The she-cat halted abruptly and spun around with such deadly accuracy that it sent his whiskers trembling slightly. He could feel her intense gaze freeze his blood cruelly, leaving him feeling vulnerable.

Rearing his broad head back in surprise, he added sheepishly, “Nothing.” He maintained an innocent gleam in his eyes. Boy, does this she-cat have some temper.

The gray she-cat still maintained a skeptical look on her gaze, but whipped around again, her slim physique radiating pure annoyance as she padded on. Craning her neck, she narrowed her eyes at him. “What are you doing back there? You’re supposed to follow me.” She spoke, undeniably heavy authority behind the words.

Shifting his paws awkwardly, he stepped forward and bounded right behind the she-cat. He could still feel her frosty gaze prickling the fur on his spine. Elevating his eyes, he returned the fiery gaze of the she-cat steadily. “Lead on. It’s not like I’m going anywhere.” Or maybe.. He grinned inwardly at the thought. All I care about is getting away from these crazy mouse-dungs.. Feeling a soft grass patch beneath his sensitive pads, he started plucking out some to display his impatience.

The gray she-cat caught this and raised her snout high, eyeing him coldly. “Don’t worry,” She lowered her muzzle and craned her neck to look at him. Looking at her face, he noticed that the she-cat looked a lot different than their first encounter. “everybody here will make sure you won’t get a whisker out of the camp.” She narrowed her eyes again, flicking her tail to the entrance and exit of the camp temptingly, assured that the probability of the event happening is dangerously low.

Oh really? A playful look crept into his eyes. You won’t be so sure about it.. Pulling his muzzle back into a smile, he padded on as he deliberately brushed pelts with the graceful she-cat. “Don’t worry,” he chuckled lightly as he bounded ahead, working his toned neck muscles so he could look at the she-cat. “I won’t go anywhere.” He grinned back, indecisive of whether the words are meant as a lie or not.

She remained calm. “Firestar will make sure you won’t.” She put in icily before barging past him. Without turning, she added. “Oh and before we move on, why don’t you keep this in mind.” Seeing the skeptical lash of her admirable tail, he waited silently for her to continue speaking. “Just so you know, no matter how much you attempt to appeal to me,” This time, he found himself locking gazes with her again. “You will never win me over.” And with that, she flicked her tail dismissively and padded on.

Wow, the lamest show-off you’ve ever put up in front of a she-cat. a voice inside his head mocked. Are you seriously that helpless?

Dismayed at the thought, he shook himself. No, I....just need to work on it a little more. Hauling himself from his sitting position, he worked his paws to follow the she-cat. Looking up, he could barely distinguish her graceful, luminous figure against the glare of the morning sun. A snobby little female, wow. Just wow. Rolling his eyes, he lifted his long, muscular forelegs and broke into a sprint, closing the immense gap that lingered in front of him and the she-cat.

<End of Preview>

RE: Warriors: Soul of the Tiger [PG-13] (Chapter 2 PREVIEW: 8/16/12)

Wait, what? No Chapter Two?

Hmm... I saw a few grammar mistakes, and you missed a comma when the cat should have thought: "I wouldn't."

Other than those errors, you should be all right.

Back