Smogon August 2012 Statistics

I can accept opinions, but these opinions are ignoring half of the big picture.

For example, not only are you ignoring the power of Ambipom's Fake Out (the only good switchins to it are those that resist, and even then Ambipom has moves to deal with them), you're REALLY ignoring what else Ambipom does. Perfect combination of moves + fast speed does not make it "suck". I dunno why you think it has nothing going for it when you clearly haven't looked at the Pokemon fully.

Yes, I suppose Sandslash has nothing to deal with Ghosts when Night Slash is common move used just to make sure it spins.

You're not explaining why Machamp and co. suck. What about them do you view as bad? Is it perhaps that Machamp's DynamicPunch is terrible, or that Registeel's strong utility isn't great? Or maybe it's that Dusclops defences and spinblocking ability is rubish? What do you find bad here?

The Yoshi said:
Mienshao is in UU now, and yet people still use this piece of garbage more than the following: Porygon2, Shaymin, Suicune, Honchkrow. It's disappointing, really. Also things like Registeel, Dusclops, and Machamp need to move down because they are really terrible.

...wat? I might not play UU, but I have used all four, and I know they definitely aren't terrible.

Okay, I might have exaggerated Machamp, but I'll explain the others.

Registeel - Can't touch ghosts, really, and its defenses are really not enough to make up for it being so passive. It's like the Shuckle of UU.

Ambipom - In a game where leads aren't common anymore, Mienshao's existence is enough for Ambipom to drop to NU. Fake Out is the only thing that is going for it, because Mienshao easily beats Ambipom 1 on 1, and out classes it as a lead IMO. Sure, you can argue that Fake Out + Last Resort is good, but Ambipom itself is a last resort. Feel free to argue further, but my opinion is shared by almost the entire Smogon community.

Dusclops - Dusclops is worse than Mismagius is terms of being a spin blocker, and like Dusknoir, it just doesn't have enough going for it in UU. I can't really explain this one in detail, but Dusclops lacks offensive power and it out classed by Cofagrigus as a bulky Ghost.

I will concede defeat that Ambipom has lost a lot of its previous potential, but I will not say that it is terrible by any means. Terrible and not as good as it was mean two different things. Take Metagross for example.

At Registeel, why is hitting Ghost relevant? Cofagrigus, Sableye, Mismagius, and Dusclops are the only good ghosts. Do take note that all of these Pokemon won't like taking a Toxic. Like before, I will admit it has lost most of its potential now that Bronzong is around, but it is still okay due to the ability to provide utility as well as check a few threats.

I will agree with you that Dusclops isn't as great as Cofag and friends, but you can't ignore the fact Dusclops has greater bulk. Again, same thing I said about the last mons lol.

yeah lol machamp does not suck.

ambipom should never use fake out

or mienshao

Tell that to 92% of players who are using Fake Out on their Ambipom, and 68% who are using it on Mienshao. I don't disagree with you, but this is why the stats are so messed up right now.

Ambipom and Meinshoa are just cheap ways of getting KO's. I wouldn't use them because Hitmontop beats Ambipom pretty badly. And with my testing Crobat makes Meinshoa cower in fear.

apparently, according to Martini, we shouldn't use mons that have checks. might as well not use any mon by that logic mhm.

Martini, checks exist. I don't know why you think that means you shouldn't use something. Team support exists for a reason lol.

That's not what I meant to say :/

What I was saying, is Ambipom, is really kinda annoying IMO, and is only checked by one guy as far as I can tell, and same deal with Meinshao... I wouldn't use them against a team that has Hitmontop or Crobat, which really is there only counters. I'm saying Fake Out + U Turn has become pretty good in UU

Sorry for the misconception.

EDIT:

Virizion in UU.. My life = complete

Ambipom annoying? Ambipom is attrocious in UU. Anything Ambipom can do, Mienshao can do better, except for Fake Out + Last Resort, and if you're using Last Resort, then we have bigger issues to worry about. You've probably seen this argument on smogon 9000 times, but I'm gonna put it here anyways.

Mienshao has plenty of checks, including almost anything with Intimidate, or a great amount of physical bulk, as well as a resistance (if not imunity) to Hi Jump Kick. Dusclops, Cofagrigus, Crobat, Slowbro, Chandelure, and Hitmontop are all examples. Now just because it has checks, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't use it. Mienshao is still a GREAT GREAT pokemon, even against a team with Crobat. You can't just not use Mienshao against a team with Crobat on it. That's just wasting a slot on your team lol.

Virizion would make UU more interesting I feel. Roserade and Shaymin might face competition for a slot on your team as a grass-types. It will certainly make Crobat more popular, as well as providing another Pokémon that can be a decent check for special attacking Kingdra. I welcome Virizion to UU. (if it gets there.) If mew comes back, I will cry.

Back