SM10a \'GG End\' Mini-Set in April

bidou

Aspiring Trainer
Really interested in that new baby-zygarde :)
That's one of my kid's favorite Pokémon, so there's some deckbuilding to think with that card. The grass weakness is annoying, by the way :(

Brooklet Hill...
With both Zygarde-GX and Baby-Zygarde accelerating basic fighting from the discard, maybe Viridian Forest could be a good stadium too, perhaps a bit better than Brooklet Hill wich can be replaced by nest balls.

Last edited:

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Really interested in that new baby-zygarde :)
That's one of my kid's favorite Pokémon, so there's some deckbuilding to think with that card. The grass weakness is annoying, by the way :(

With both Zygarde-GX and Baby-Zygarde accelerating basic fighting from the discard, maybe Viridian Forest could be a good stadium too, perhaps a bit better than Brooklet Hill wich can be replaced by nest balls.
That grass weakness completely sucks. Flippity Flap!

U-Balls are fine to get enough fighting energy in the discard . Viridian Forest helps the opponent too much. I like the new fighting prism stadium more.

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Not sure if straight zygarde or 1-2 baby techs in zygarde lycanroc would be better, thinking the latter is more versatile. OHKOing zoroark or Pikarom for a dce on a basic seems nice.

Marowak seems good, but situational ... maybe has potential to make Alola box relevant with the other marowaks and a sandslash draw engine. There’s that one supporter that gets 3 Alolan Pokémon from the discard, that’s never been used by like anyone, ever lol

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
goddamn, and just with this tag teams have a counter deck. The one single problem I see tho... is Tag Team decks using a small Marowak + Hiker engine to counter other tag team decks. After all, it was surely genius to make the attack costless.

Braiden1235

Aspiring Trainer
Zygarde alone is a very good attacker 2 zygarde plus diancie on the bench plus choice band and shrine or fighting dojo... all well accelerating energy its the new buzz shrine.

Alolan marowak... cute card bud don't think it will be reliable someone will probably try to prove me wrong but its kinda just a cute idea

EpicShonenGuy

Aspiring Trainer
You discard Wailord & Magikarp GX to do 300 damage for Zero energy, the first Charizard GX is officially dead now lol.

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like people can and will play around marowak. It's pretty easy to discard your extra atrackers and rescue stretcher them later. Props to TCPI for the creativity of this attack though!

A Diancie for Zygarde? I like it. The question is will Pikarom and Zoro still be metal when it comes out? Probably. Though Zoro rotates like a month or two after this set come out.

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Hmm, just realized the zygarde can power itself up, so if you get 4 out, you’re doing 80 plus modifiers and energy acceleration, that card is good

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I just switched out of testing Zygarde GX, and this gets revealed.
Jeez.
Ah, some Marowak/Hiker synergy! Pretty good that they put this attack on Marowak so it could go with Hiker. Thanks, Pokémon!
The one thing nobody’s mentioning about baby Zygarde is that it’s the first dedicated method of [F] Energy acelleration we have in Sun Moon. Think about that for a second. It might not be the best, but still. Energy acceleration.
The damage boost is good, but that means Zygarde GX will have to take Lycanroc out to find space.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Alolan Marowak - You have Hiker and Frosty Axe to help you. But with decks play few Pokemon, it's very unrelieable. I hope we have a card that search your opponent's deck for a card and put it on a top. 3 Geodudes
  • Z10 - This is nuts. Z10 alone can do 60+20+30 = OHKO Zoroark for 1 energy and accels enrgy. It makes the GX so much nutsier. 200 with the GX +80+30 = OHKO anything on a GX atk that is spammable with Bonnie. 4 Geodudes because the HP sucks

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
That grass weakness completely sucks. Flippity Flap!

U-Balls are fine to get enough fighting energy in the discard . Viridian Forest helps the opponent too much. I like the new fighting prism stadium more.
Grass is very irrelevant in the meta ATM. We haven't see a Top 4 finish decklist revolving Grass Pokémon yet

Duke Erebus

Aspiring Trainer
Are there any old Zygarde cards that get new life when played alongside this one? I guess Zygarde GX is the main partner, since you can play those without cutting into the amount of baby Zygarde you can play. Shame it doesn't seem to work alongside Zygarde EX.

Luckario

Aspiring Trainer
Alolan Marowak could maybe be used with Garbodor from Guardians Rising, and Alolan Mul from Team Up. Could be a weird mill deck? Use Alolan Marowak to discard cards and do damage , if it discards a Pokémon. Alolan Muk to use its ability to discard items from your opponents deck. Finally, come in with Garbador to do massive damage.
The plus side with making a deck with this is that you are using mainly 1 prize Pokémon. The major negative to this is that you are using a lot of luck and you could get almost nothing with this deck. Since, Alolan Marowak just discards the top card of your opponents deck, that card could be anything. Since all decks use at least 1 basic Pokémon and at least a few items, could maybe be a workable deck

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I want a Tag Team of the two Exeggutor forms for maximum artwork comedy potential.