Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Max Pro

• KMC

• Total voters

venasour x

Now I'm in college :)
I despise the little seals at the bottom right corner of the Ultra Pro. For some reason those irritate me to no end. It is also a pain when trying to fill out a decklist and those are always right on the collector's number so you have to take it out of the sleeve to see it ect... I just hate them. One of the reason I like Dragon Shield is because they don't have those.

MDL

Formerly Roronoa Zoro
I didn't want to make a new thread to ask this, so I'm gonna ask here.
My japanese sleeves (Garchomp/Hydreigon) aren't shuffling very well; when I shuffle they tend to stick together so it really doesnt shuffle almost anything. Is there anything I can do for this to change? Do you guys have any tips? Thanks.

9Tailz

the human embodiment of garbodor
My Ultra Pro sleeves are very nice, and shuffle well. Plain, clear, generic sleeves are a little easier to shuffle but leave more space for damage from shuffling. I haven't had any Dragon Shields, though the next time I want new sleeves, I might try them out.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
If you want sleeves to use to protect your cards from damage when you use them. pick Ultra Pro because they are see-able on both sides and they do not fall apart so easily. Sleeves are actually used for collecting cards. I use my sleeves on the rares and promo cards since the others are not so rare in the new and old sets. Pick Ultra Pro if nothing else. These are pretty cheap but are very durable. You get 100 in a small bag for about 99 cents XD.:)

arcanine227

Need something interesting...
All i`ve ever used are the Ultra Pro card Sleeves. I haven`t used very many sleeves(as in different types) but thoughs are the ones that have worked best for me. All the other ones i have used stick together even when I use them for the first time ever. Also i have used the same Ultra Pro sleeves for the last 2 years (and one deack has had the same ones for 4 years) and they still slide like the first day I used them.

Secret Pikachu

Aspiring Trainer
venasour x said:
I despise the little seals at the bottom right corner of the Ultra Pro. For some reason those irritate me to no end. It is also a pain when trying to fill out a decklist and those are always right on the collector's number so you have to take it out of the sleeve to see it etc... I just hate them. One of the reason I like Dragon Shield is because they don't have those.

I also really despise those seals, however the sleeves are just so darn good.

arcanine227 said:
All i`ve ever used are the Ultra Pro card Sleeves. I haven`t used very many sleeves(as in different types) but thoughs are the ones that have worked best for me. All the other ones i have used stick together even when I use them for the first time ever. Also i have used the same Ultra Pro sleeves for the last 2 years (and one deack has had the same ones for 4 years) and they still slide like the first day I used them.

That is good to hear. Invest $4 in sleeves, they last for four years... $1 a year for sleeves. I like those figures!

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
What? I buy Dragon Shields and they last more than half of a season! Dragon Shields are literally the most durable sleeve there is. If you're breaking them within a few uses, just don't shuffle as hard.

I shuffle the same way with Ultra Pros, and they last like one tournament. They simply aren't as durable. They're easier to shuffle if you gently shuffle, however.

Shaymin Lv.X

Vissen zijn nat.
Roronoa Zoro said:
I didn't want to make a new thread to ask this, so I'm gonna ask here.
My japanese sleeves (Garchomp/Hydreigon) aren't shuffling very well; when I shuffle they tend to stick together so it really doesnt shuffle almost anything. Is there anything I can do for this to change? Do you guys have any tips? Thanks.
Play a lot with them, the more you play with them, the easier they become to shuffle.
Same happend to my lighting pokemon sleeves.

MDL

Formerly Roronoa Zoro
Shaymin Lv.X said:
Play a lot with them, the more you play with them, the easier they become to shuffle.
Same happend to my lighting pokemon sleeves.

I'll try it and thanks!

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
WildKeldeo said:
Has anyone used the Japanese Keldeo sleeves?? Do they show any wear after a couple of games?? Thanks.

I've used the Keldeo sleeves, but they haven't seen a whole lot of use yet. Their functionality in my eyes is pretty much identical to all the other Japanese sleeves I've used. I've not noticed any wear.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I personally like prerelease sleeves, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with using them. The only problem is that, since you only get EXACTLY 60 in a pack, if you lose one or split one the whole set of sleeves is pretty much worthless for a deck.

Torterror

Worlds biggest Gardevoir fan!
GHJamesGH said:
This question comes up again and again and again and the answer is always going to be Players Choice. I have literally tried multiple packs of every kind of sleeve and have only been truly happy with Players Choice.

I think the main reason people like certain kinds of sleeves more than others is the way you shuffle.

Where can i find the players choice brand? A card speciality shop?

Or does Walmart/Target carry them?

Milky

4 Mewtwo 4 Revive 48 Energy 4 DCE
I made another trip to the card store and purchased a pack of Players Choice in white because most players seem to prefer that color. I now have experience with nearly all the best brands of sleeves and I can honestly say I still prefer Ultra Pro. The players choice are like the KMC version of Drakn shields, they suffer from the problems KMC have but are glossy backed like Dragon Shields.

Since KMC and Players Choice just have different backs but are the same company, to those who have had the KMC Matte and the Players Choice, which do YOU prefer.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Secret Pikachu said:
I also really despise those seals, however the sleeves are just so darn good.

That is good to hear. Invest $4 in sleeves, they last for four years... $1 a year for sleeves. I like those figures!

I had my case of 100 sleeves and they just ran out a few months ago. They lasted me 8 years roughly. I bought a box of 100 card holders that day and a new binder too and I am due for those very soon as well. 1 dollar lasted me about 8 years. Wow a very long time for me. About 8 cents a year XD. Maybe less XD.:)

Secret Pikachu

Aspiring Trainer
xxashxx said:
I had my case of 100 sleeves and they just ran out a few months ago. They lasted me 8 years roughly. I bought a box of 100 card holders that day and a new binder too and I am due for those very soon as well. 1 dollar lasted me about 8 years. Wow a very long time for me. About 8 cents a year XD. Maybe less XD.:)

That's pretty crazy! I am very impressed with the sleeves that I bought thus far. Can't wait to get a few more decks going so I can sleeve them too :D.

Milky

4 Mewtwo 4 Revive 48 Energy 4 DCE
We're they nameless brands or something like Yanoman Gunmetals etc.

Because I had Yanoman Gunmetals from ages ago, they lasted me all the way until Rising Rivals.

juandavidzl

Manectric
Sleeves Help

Helloooo

In a few weeks (or days) I'm going to buy some sleeves for my cards, but I want some help with this, I want to know which sleeves are the best for card protection and for it's durability, I dont want to replace them in a month, So any suggestions?
(I will make a poll with some brands)

Mudkip711

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
RE: Sleeves Help

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-sleeves--107991

You can discuss this there.