Discussion Should we add a 20 questions deck guessing forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabking5458

2016 MA TCG Senior Division Regional Champion!
Hey guys! I've been crafting a pretty rogue deck for quite some time now and I feel that it's really strong. I do believe it could win Regionals because of its very positive overall matchups and consistency. I would prefer to keep it secret to prevent it being released into mainstream before I'm gonna play it. Please don't ask what it is :) I only need a top 8 for my invite. I will post the matchups below. (Keep in mind I am in Seniors so budget will hinder some decks from being played)

EASY MATCHUPS:

Yveltal: 95/5 This is basically an autowin. You have to try to lose this matchup. I don't think I have ever lost to this matchup with this deck.

Raikou/Eels: 95/5 The other autowin. You have to try to lose this matchup as well.

Seismitoad/Bats: 95/5 Once again basically an autowin. Don't know how you really lose against this

Vespiquen/Flareon: 90/10 Really good matchup. If you don't get set up though you can on occasion lose.

Sableye/Garbodor: 80/20 Its hard for them to keep up with you a lot of the time and they are normally beaten. If you get a terrible start however you can lose easily.

Turbo Dark: 80/20 Really good matchup. If they can explode T1 though you can on occasion lose

Virizion/Genesect: 75/25 You normally win unless like Turbodark they explode T1.

MEDIUM MATCHUPS:

M Rayquaza-EX: 65/35 If can get a good or average hand you win. If you get a bad hand, you lose.

M Manectric-EX: 65/35
See Mega Ray for explanation (Same thing)

Toadtina: 60/40 Not sure what to say here. If they can get lock going early you can lose quite easily. You should win though if you get decent hands.

Primal Groudon: 60/40 This is probably the only interesting matchup. Primal Groudon is basically autoloss if they can get Wobbuffet into play before you get your Shaymins out and you dead draw. If you draw well however under wobbuffet you almost always win. If they also don't start Wobb into your turn you can also win. I do have this at 50/50 Wobb rate but 20% of that time you tend to win so the deck is appx. 60/40. However because of how frequent Wobb is.

BAD MATCHUPS:

M Mewtwo-Y: 50/50 Not popular but watch out.

Trees: 35/65 If you go first or miss T1 Trevenant you win. If you go second or dead draw you lose. If you draw well under T1 Item-lock however you can win easily. Still Silent fear is a problem and Trevenant needs to be dealt with swiftly.

When calculating swiss I pretty much have to go 5-2-0 or 5-1-1. My premier rating is around 1820. If you need any more info please ask me! Thanks so much!!! :)

Last edited:
I can't give advice; and I don't think anyone can, without knowing the deck. Honestly, you tell us nothing about this deck; how are we supposed to tell you any advice on it? Maybe you could say an attacker or if it's a twist on a certain meta deck

Yeah sure. Its a lock deck and no it is definitely not a meta deck.

If it truly has those matchups it's the best possible deck for the format. I doubt anything has anywhere near those matchups though.

Once regionals is over please do tell us the deck, I'm very interested as is a lot of others im guessing. Would give you some advice but I can't without knowing the deck.

I'm in masters, please PM me what the deck is, I won't share but if those are the match ups then I want to run it in Masters lol

Hey, I'm a senior also and I will be attending Athens, Geogia regionals. I have a pretty rogue deck that I'm playing as well. I would really like it if you could share with me your deck or a piece of it. I can send you what I'm playing also. I can try and give you tips also. But if you are going to Georgia also, you may not want to tell me and that's cool. Thanks​

Just realized I accidentally flipped the toadtina and trees matchup numbers:p

Obscure little bit of information that I can't answer. But if you want to play test, my online name is at the bottom.
Other than that, Achilles never found glory by not taking chances. ;0) Good Luck.

If your mu odds are accurate and it actually does that well against that much of the field you're piloting the bdif. There would be nothing risky about it. The question is if your deck is as good as you say it is.

People tend to run it differently then I do but one this is pretty consistent with this deck it auto wins against: yveltal, toad bats, and raikou/eels

Oh night march is very favorable but not an auto win like yveltal, toad bats, and raikoueels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back