Should Pokemon Catcher be Banned?

• Yes

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 70.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
and that is all you have to search really in HGSS. communication will be a major search tool

Card Slinger J said:
But Vileplume hurts your deck from playing your own Trainer - Items with Allergy Flower while Gothitelle's Ability doesn't. Why should damage output matter in this situation?
When does damage output NOT matter? That's basically the whole point of this argument; which card can generate more damage output. Gothitelle doesn't block your own Trainers, but hey, it comes with its own restrictions- the main one being damage output, which hurts it a lot.

here is one of the better ways to maybe play Gothitelle.. since you will be setting up slowly, they will very likely have taken a prize or two. use blackbelt to pump up the damage. also, use your own catchers to get guaranteed KO's, and also spam pluspowers and junk arms to get the pluspowers back.by the time you use up 2 blackbelts, and 4 to 8 pluspowers along with 4 to 8 catchers, you would have won. slowly, but you would have won nonetheless.

that is a strategy that can potentially work amazingly, sure it's centralized, and sure it uses the card you're trying to avoid, but if you really, really dislike the card, then just play that kind of deck or deal with it.

^that would be VERY VERY inconsistent. there are no current cards to search trainers or supporters

it's more of a hold onto those cards as you setup the trainer lock. either way, you'll still be hitting them for a small amount of damage until you draw into the pluspowers/blackbelts.

Sleeping Snorlax said:
catutie said:
^that would be VERY VERY inconsistent. there are no current cards to search trainers or supporters

Uh.. PokeGear can semi search supporters :eek:

-_- it needs to be consistent. maybe getting a supporter isnt going to cut it.

If you're running 4 catchers and using Juniper for refresh, Junk Arm effectively searches for catchers. It also searches up communication, switch, and anything else you need. The only current problem is a lack of Pokemon Rescue as you burn your deck into your discard.

They should have made catcher a supporter just to make it a harder card to play. Heck even BILL became a supporter.

Cardslingerj..why are like all of your threads about banning this or that or the world/US ending?

Personally I don't think any one card should be banned..players will find a way around it/to counter it like always

mlouden03 said:
Cardslingerj..why are like all of your threads about banning this or that or the world/US ending?

Personally I don't think any one card should be banned..players will find a way around it/to counter it like always

Yay! He gets it. The card isn't that big of a deal. If someone plays four in their deck then they will have to sacrifice something (probably speed) to play them. With our search engine for pokemon being limited to elms/communicaion/poke balls they will most like have to cut back their draw power. Which will give you the advantage. It won't kill you to run two switch in a deck if you are afraid they will catcher your Emboar or Feraligatr or any high retreat cost. Everything will be ok. This card won't ruin the format. Or if you're that afraid, make a vilegoth deck or something >.< I already have a really good vilelock deck for after rotation. So, i don't find it that big of a deal and neither should all of y'all.

as long as we don't get a reprint of computer search, I think we'll be fine with catcher. Is this card broken? Heck yes. Is it banhammer worthy? No. The only 2 cards to get banned made sense at the time. Heck, that slowking would still be too broken to have in any format. Sneasel clearly isn't a threat anymore since it did get reprinted. It's like the hype machine that said lostgar, vilelostgar, and mewgar were gonna be bdif.. We see that it was a massive fail. Catcher won't be a fail, but it also won't warrant all this "fear"

as long as we don't get a reprint of computer search, I think we'll be fine with catcher.
Speaking of which, why hasn't Computer Search been reprinted yet? It might actually be worth using. Although, I think when it comes out it should probably be changed to a Supporter - that, or just make a Supporter with a similar effect. Computer Search is, and continues to be, one of the greatest cards in all TCG.

Catcher won't get banned, not when everyone can play a playset, It just means the meta will play with catcher in mind.
Catchers inclusion in the format will mean that at all time you will have to be ready to either revenge kill or retreat something, and if it comes to retreating there switch

Not sure if it was said already, but this card was already released a while ago. It wasn't banned then, and it won't be banned now. I believe only 2-3 cards were legitimately banned (I remember Sneasel from Genesis). It has no reason to be banned. If they were banning every overpowered card that was released, than Sableye would have been taken out long ago...

Exactly. Can you imagine what Pokémon would be like if they banned everything people wanted them to? "OH NO ANOTHER GOOD CARD. -BANHAMMER-" "What? Emboar is too broken! MUST BAN!" "Oh shoot, now Donphan is Tier 1! Oh well, guess we'll have to ban that as well..." until the games consist of drawing, then saying "Magikarp, use Splash!"
Honestly, there will always be good cards. We'll have to deal with it.

catcher won't be all that hard to get used to. just don't throw crap on your bench whenever you feel like it. just think for a second and plan a little more.

Seriously, PCL should make an errata and turn it into a Supporter.. Just to compensate for its power. But it does not need banning because those catchers can end up biting you in the butt if you draw into them early in the game instead of drawing search cards and deck thinner cards.

...forgive me for asking, but what do you mean by "PCL"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back