Votes: 10 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 70.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
I'm refferring to the next card being released in the next Black & White Set If TPCi decides to.

052-white.jpg

Translation:

Pokemon Catcher
Trainer’s – Goods

Choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon, and switch it with his or her Active Pokemon.

You can use any number of Goods cards during your turn.

93-gust-of-wind.jpg

Brings back memories doesn't it? >_>

I am really, really not looking forward to the day this card is released. The game will change drastically, and I don't like it. =\ I'm going to run Gothitelle when it comes out just so I don't have to deal with the ridiculousness.

I've been thinking of running either Gothitelle or Vileplume UD when this card hits our shores with some Judges and other stuff for hand disruption HGSS-On style. Spiritomb TR for Spooky Whirlpool would help on that regard as well especially with Seeker.

I don't know what to think of this card. At first glance it seems like a card that will dominate the new format, and it will make two other cards in an HGSS on format (Pokemon Reversal and Pokemon Circulator) obsolete (Unless you really want to switch your opponent's pokemon and don't want to use Junk Arm I guess). But there are ways to get around it, such as trainer lock and just keeping basic pokemon in your hand until you can get rid of your opponent's main attacker or have multiples of them. It'll mean that next format is a bit different from last format that's all.

I think it will definitely get released in the west and I doubt they will ban it (either immediately or at a later date), but I do expect it to see obscene amounts of play (At least 3 copies in most non Vileplume Deck)

Well, when this is released, you have got to become good at timing your evolutions. You also really can't have deadweight sitting on your bench, which is why sacrificing your starter is the best option now, especially with Twins in the format. If you time your evolutions right, you can sort of 'bait' a Catcher on a basic just sitting on your bench, when you really have a Rare Candy sitting in your hand with the Stage 2.

On the other hand, Catcher is AMAZING for Blastoise. I played a test game with a proxy Catcher card yesterday which won me the game. I dragged up a Chansey, sitting deadweight on the opponent's bench, and brought it up, forcing the opponent to pay a retreat cost of 2. Since he was running some form of donk, I'm assuming, with Kingdra and Donphan, he obviously didn't have many energy. Then my Blastoise started to just snipe around the Chansey, KOing the Kingdras in two turns. The only reason he was even still alive at that point was 3 Kingdra Primes all using Spray Splash from the bench.

I don't think it should be banned, think of how everyone said Sableye would be banned and it was a lot more of a threat to the game than Catcher...

If Pokemon lived through GoW and it's broken trainers, then it will be able to live through catcher when there is trainerlock still in the format.

I think I might tech 1-1 Dodrio UD in my deck, just in case they want to stall by dragging a high-retreat Pokemon out. I actually may just play 3-4 Switches instead, as it would be easier to play than a Dodrio. I'm playing Blastoise after rotation, so this card will be amazing then.

piplup234 said:
I don't think it should be banned, think of how everyone said Sableye would be banned and it was a lot more of a threat to the game than Catcher...
I completely agree. I'm tired of people talking about banning cards.
There has only been two cards that were ever banned and that was a long time ago so I'm not even sure if they even consider banning cards now.

Basically, Pokemon Catcher is a great, overpowered, and most likely format breaking card. Will it be banned from play? I highly doubt it.

Also Emboar is a pretty broken card right now with Reversal, which is flippy, being one of the only things that can kill it. Catcher makes it a more average card along with other things that sit on the bench like Reuniclus

I think there are ways to get around it, like trainer lock, and you can survive it if you play your deck smart.

It won't be banned. People will just have to learn how to play around it. And of course, trainer-lock will increase in every meta and eventually balance out the amount Catcher is played.

do you guys think that catcher and crush hammer, and maybe some other "game breaking" items will be given a rare treatment instead now?
we are finally seeing common and uncommon trainer's items, and i think rare ones are just the next step.

this is also another shift towards base set meta back in the days.

ogeray said:
do you guys think that catcher and crush hammer, and maybe some other "game breaking" items will be given a rare treatment instead now?
we are finally seeing common and uncommon trainer's items, and i think rare ones are just the next step.

this is also another shift towards base set meta back in the days.

I think if it was given the rare treatment, it would hurt the game even more. It's such a staple card, that everyone will need to run it to even keep up. If it's made a rare, less people will be able to afford it and the price would run at least 10-15 dollars. I sure as hell don't want to pay 40-60 dollars for four cards to just stay alive in the game.

I dont think four is needed, 3 is nice, but 2 is more reasonable. We have junk arm, and really how many times do you need it in a game? Killing techs is only used twice normally, so 2 15 dollar cards would be that bad if they're gonna last 2-3 more years

piplup234 said:
I don't think four is needed, 3 is nice, but 2 is more reasonable. We have junk arm, and really how many times do you need it in a game? Killing techs is only used twice normally, so 2 15 dollar cards would be that bad if they're gonna last 2-3 more years

If trainer lock ever becomes popular again, I think 4 Pokemon Catcher over 2 Pokemon Catcher + X Junk Arm would be better. Junk Arm is a great card to pair with, but I personally wouldn't run them together unless my deck was relying heavily on Pluspowers and/or Defenders.

Well trainer Lock it doesnt matter because you can use JA or Catcher... You can kill glooms/Oddish, but normally they'll just candy from oddsh before you get your attakers out

piplup234 said:
Well trainer Lock it doesnt matter because you can use JA or Catcher... You can kill glooms/Oddish, but normally they'll just candy from oddsh before you get your attakers out

Right, but you'll have less trainers that you can't use. With 4 Pokemon Catcher against trainer lock, you'll have a quicker chance of KO'ing before they can get Vileplume or Gothitelle set up.

Still not worth the space IMO because its dead draw in starting hand. 3 would be good, but 4 if too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back