XY Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare & More Special

Sashlyr said:
Yay!! I catched my first shiny today!! I was fishing looking for a seadra and then bam!! Shiny Clawitzer appear. 5 minutes later, a shiny Relicanth appear... That was too easy or I'm just really lucky

There was a chance you were unintentionally chain fishing.

Basically, if you stay in the same spot and don't move and consecutively fish, the shiny rate goes up (however we don't have the exact calculations yet).
I've heard reports that people have found shinies 3-4 Pokemon in, with others claiming that it took them about a 40-50 chain before Lady Luck smiled their way.

P.DelSlayer said:
Sashlyr said:
Yay!! I catched my first shiny today!! I was fishing looking for a seadra and then bam!! Shiny Clawitzer appear. 5 minutes later, a shiny Relicanth appear... That was too easy or I'm just really lucky

Basically, if you stay in the same spot and don't move and consecutively fish, the shiny rate goes up (however we don't have the exact calculations yet).
I've heard reports that people have found shinies 3-4 Pokemon in, with others claiming that it took them about a 40-50 chain before Lady Luck smiled their way.

But it wasn't a chain, because I moved to another place and then I found the shiny Relicanth...

Sashlyr said:
P.DelSlayer said:

But it wasn't a chain, because I moved to another place and then I found the shiny Relicanth...

Oh, I guess you're just crazy lucky

I've been searching and no shinies :(

I'm gonna cry :(

After 110+ hours in game (majority of which is post-game stuff) I finally find a shiny! 'Twas a Shiny Geodude in a horde battle in Victory Road. All was grand in my world until the unthinkable happened. EVERY FREAKIN GEODUDE USED MAGNITUDE! With just 10% left, that shiny was so close to being mine. Unfortunately, horde battles are terrible at positioning from top and bottom screen. I dun knocked out the shiny leaving only one measly excuse for a Geodude. fml

Well after learning that hawlucha can be found in the friend safari, I've just said 'screw the masuda method' at this point. I'd rather gamble with getting a 33% chance of a shiny hawlucha, made even better by my jolly synchronizer and the gauranteed 2 perfect IV's. Been taking a while though.

FINALLY!

After searching for maybe 10+ hours and getting several shinies (2x Mankey, Pancham) along the way, i got my hand on my adorable shiny Riolu! :D

He's Jolly nature (perfect for my fast physical Lucario), and moreover he has an outstanding IV! Max on Atk/Def/SpDef/Speed. It's a great improvement from my current Lucario which is only superior in IV total. The second thing that made my day, last time when i got a shiny Kirlia. :D

QCnnMab.jpg

Now i only need a shiny female Braixen to complete my shiny team. :cool:

Ririka said:
FINALLY!

After searching for maybe 10+ hours and getting several shinies (2x Mankey, Pancham) along the way, i got my hand on my adorable shiny Riolu! :D

He's Jolly nature (perfect for my fast physical Lucario), and moreover he has an outstanding IV! Max on Atk/Def/SpDef/Speed. It's a great improvement from my current Lucario which is only superior in IV total. The second thing that made my day, last time when i got a shiny Kirlia. :D

QCnnMab.jpg

Now i only need a shiny female Braixen to complete my shiny team. :cool:

Grats, that's an amazing shiny with even better IV's!

After what seemed like forever and a day for me (technically speaking It really was. I was hunting for it during my classes, and later on while playing minecraft, total hunt took about 13ish hours) I found a golden hoot-hoot. At first I was bummed it wasn't my target, but I'll be damned if it isn't the prettiest looking yellow color I've ever seen.

So what's your guys' opinions on the more common shinies?

Happy. They're still a challenge for me since I have to devote my time to my classes and my job, but they still take a while and it's rewarding to find them. I'm very pleased with the friend safari thanks to it being easier to manipulate what natures and even IV's I want on my shinies, so that's always a plus to me.

Well to be honest they dont seem to be that common at least to me. I searched for about thirty hours in the friend safari and got zero shinies. I got my first one last night after three hours of chain fishing, an octillery btw, but for some reason no matter who i tip or how much or how many times i have not seemed to raise my chances of getting a shiny even in the friend safari.

whoop whoop! After my friends and I ragequit from a gaming session, I decided I would continue my hunt in a newly obtained dragon safari. I found myself a shiny Gabite. he's got a mild nature, so I'm starting to think synchronize isn't all that reliable, but I'm happy to have a shiny dragon!

Nah sychronize ain't great.. it's only 50% after all... that's what screwed my shiny Flabebe over. Now I'm masuda methoding for a Modest one.

...I have a JPN Ditto with the tag and everything and my Floette I caught in a Friend Safari, I'm doing this right. right?

Cause I did hear something about Ditto no longer works for the Masuda Method but who can confirm this for me?

I now have 7 shinys, This is just ridiculous i was not even trying for the seventh one a caturne it felt bitter to get it, It just poped up i was just trying my luck in new FS's trying to see all the different Pokemon they had in them, In all my years i never encountered this many in one gen before and it is starting to feel rather like a bitter defeat more than joy, i still would like to collect them tho right now im trying for a zebestrika hopeing not to get a pikachu tho but dedenne is fine. my list of shinys caught are tyrouge(now hitmonchan), carbink, magmar, cacturne, maractus, minccino(now cinccino) and farfetch'd iv been training them all they all are prity good but still feels bitter to get so many. Only previously in pokemon black and white i started getting a few which is to say only two a shellmet and a piloswine(now mamoswine) and also in diamond and pearl got a chatot my first ever ill hopefully have him in my Pokemon x game once the Pokemon bank is out here's to hoping something wont glitch or go wrong

Has it been confirmed that tipping effects shiny encounter rates?

Frost Mage said:
So what's your guys' opinions on the more common shinies?

Well, I like it. Sorta. I like the fact that I can set out on a hunt and put a small amount of time into it and come out the other side with my goal shiny. For instance, I started today around 6:30-7 PM hunting a shiny Braixen. At around 10 I found one. Then half an hour later, after I left the friend safari and ran around to buy more pokeballs and such, I went back in to hunt an Eevee and found a shiny Aipom maybe five pokemon in. It confused the hell out of me. I thought my game was broken. I was like, "Wtf, a hot pink monkey? Wut?" I had to ask my husband if it was real, lol. So, yeah, it's awesome I'm finding these shinies. I get excited every time.

However, the sheer fact that I'm getting them so fast throws me off a little. I feel as though GF adjusted the shiny rate a little too much, from one shiny a generation to 100 in a matter of a few months. Don't get me wrong, I like the tweak; but how it goes with tweaks is that I'm not quite sure they've found a good balance yet. It's just weird saying, "Today, I will find a shiny Braixen," and then I do, just like that.

However, not everyone is that lucky. I've been hunting for this shiny Eevee for days now, and nothing. And this is after I got two shiny Aipoms in less than 24 hours.

As for the new shiny rates, one has to remember that these rates have only gone up so much in the Friend Safari, you can't find every Pokemon there.

Frost Mage said:
However, not everyone is that lucky. I've been hunting for this shiny Eevee for days now, and nothing. And this is after I got two shiny Aipoms in less than 24 hours.

As for the new shiny rates, one has to remember that these rates have only gone up so much in the Friend Safari, you can't find every Pokemon there.

That's very true. The only non-Friend Safari pokemon I have is Clauncher, and that's only because I was trying my hand at chain fishing.

I guess the Friend Safari shiny rate could be kind of a test, too. I also have a sneaking suspicion that it's sort of making up for the lack of shinies people are going to be transferring over once Poke Bank goes live, since I know a large number of them were most likely hacked or generated in the first place.

Edit: I was hunting for shiny Pumpkaboo for several days and nothing, then all at once I got Clauncher, Shuppet, and Pumpkaboo in the span of four hours.

I get a feeling that Game Freak knows what they're doing with the whole easier-shinies thing.

In X I found a Shiny Slowpoke in wild, shiny Pancham and shiny Fletchling when using the pokéradar. And I hatched a shiny Froakie when breeding for IVs!
I wanna see if itll ever be confirmed that tipping increases shiny the rate!?

MrSquarepants said:
Nah sychronize ain't great.. it's only 50% after all... that's what screwed my shiny Flabebe over. Now I'm masuda methoding for a Modest one.

...I have a JPN Ditto with the tag and everything and my Floette I caught in a Friend Safari, I'm doing this right. right?

Cause I did hear something about Ditto no longer works for the Masuda Method but who can confirm this for me?
I think it works. I had an American Ditto and a Japanese Pupitar, and, on the first try, I got a shiny Larvitar.

Back