Shiningmilotic's Art ***9/8/12 Sugarcube Corner Papercraft &Rainbow Dash necklace

Shiningmilotic

dipped my hair in the wild berry skittles rainbow!
350-1.png
WELCOME TO SHININGMILOTIC'S ART THREAD!!!
350.png
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/8/12

Another mlp item :p Dunno if this is considered as 'art' but wow I sure had fun making this! ^-^ Its the mlp sugarcube corner papercraft I saw on equestria daily :p I am happy how it turned out!

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3597.jpg

IMG_3596.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8/31/12

Decided to make another rainbow dash item! Ta-da, its a necklace! =D Now I have something to match my rainbow dash shirts ^-^ its glazed over, making it waterproof and safe to wear without the paint chipping. Its painted front and back but the back it just the metallic blue. Dunno if its cool enough to post on Equestria Daily lol those customs are breathtaking!

IMG_3585.jpg

IMG_3588.jpg
8/18/12

Finally finished with my first custom! I think it turned out perfect :D What do you guys think about it!?

IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3519.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

IMG_3524.jpg

IMG_3518.jpg

IMG_3516.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8/17/12

Finally have the stuff glazed! I have to wait about 18 hours for it to completely be ready to touch, it says on the back of my gloss that i have to wait 24 hours but 18 sounds ok :) i use the Sculpty GLOSS glaze, not the satin finish. The Gloss sculpty finish leaves that clear awesome finish while the satin kinda makes it shimmer-which i dont want. I have to be gentle with the bottle, shaking can cause bubbles and that ruins the finish so if ya'll ever get some, gently turn it and roll it slowly :)

IMG_3487.jpg
IMG_3489.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8/17/12
First MLP blind bag custom I have ever made! I saw one on ebay while I was browsing for blind bag ponies and well, since I have extra rainbow dash, I thought I would try making my very first custom! It took me a few hours to make because I wanted the dress to be detachable and it took me forever to paint. I painted all parts of the accessories front-and-back to look its best. It was hard making the little frilly cloud parts they ended up looking bad so I just kept making these little circle thingies for the clouds, worked better for meh. I wanted more "clouds' on the dress too to make it more awesome (and to paint less rainbow) so there is a lot of white on the dress. I like it though! ^-^ as you can see, I even painted the necklace on her with the little pearls. The sandals were actually tricky for me to do because my gold paint is super-thin, took about 8 coats to make it bold! I also didn't wanna over-do the laces either I thought just one criss-cross would be more appropriate for a tiny figure. I also wanted to paint more of the rainbow on the torso section (I notice lots of people just paint on red with white fillies and that's it) I hope it looks alright, it is almost done! I just need to spray on the enamel gloss (needs to run up the the store...)

I hope my first custom looks spectacular!!! ^-^ Thanks for viewing!

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3482.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/27/12

wowow ok I know it has been a long while since I posted somethin' here. A long long while, but this is MY art thread and I am the one who gets to post on it whenever I want! Revive I will!!! >xP Anyways... erm I made a ditto-chu figure from soft ploymer clay. I love it, even though it looks really dumb! I honestly think this is my best one. I also made a tiny azurill while I waited for the ditto-derpychu to dry. Im outta clay so I will have to shop soon. I thought about just drawing stuff and posting it here.

Halo Thar again!!!

IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg

Haters gonna hate.

IMG_3442.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

IMG_3446.jpg

IMG_3451.jpg

*My handmade treasures* Dunsparce is chipped, yar I know he kinda got stuck xP

IMG_3453.jpg

crappy azurill LOLz

IMG_3452.jpg

IMG_3454.jpg

Chillin on meh wall cube shelf thingy :p Idk where the owl came from...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/13/13

Here is my first ever computer art!!! 0.o it is my fake pokemon hahaha its name is Kyanidra ( kyanite and dragon ) AS you can see, im despreate to learn the sugi style, check out my desprate attempt:

Kyanidra.png

and its sorta stats:
-Name: Kyanidra ( Kie-ah-nee-dra)
-Japanese Name: Shaborusu ( variations of "bubbles")
-Number:#650
-Gender ratio: 60% male; 40% female
-Type: Water/Dragon
-Abilities: Water Absorb, Marvel Scale
-Classification: "Bubble Dragon Pokemon"
-Height: 2' 3" -Weight: 46 lbs
-Capture rate: 15%
-Egg hatching steps: 9,500

-Pokedex Entry 1: Kyanidra is native to warm, rocky shores on a sacred island. Its large flipper-like tail acts as a giant paddle making it a strong swimmer for its size.
-Pokedex Entry 2: The scales on Kyanidras' body are very hydrodynamic, making it super fast underwater. The white circles on its face are said to help store extra oxygen while it is diving.

Hopefully I can make some more figures and post some pics of my latest papercraft reviews
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2/23/12

Hi everyone, srry its been a while! Post-holidays keep me a lil busy plus new video games :p Anywayyzzz I made a CUTE shiny mew figure, a pokeball hair ribbon clip, and everyones favorite-a FAT pikachu >:} Mew took me 4 hours to make (had to kill time while BF was playing the new twisted metal- which I really like btw) Idk why I wanted to make a shiny mew, I just really love my mew I guess!! I have a lv 100 shiny that is my FAVE pokemon to use (it kicks a** like big time and I guess I wanted to make a figure of it!

IMG_3046.jpg
IMG_3047.jpg
IMG_3054.jpg
IMG_3049.jpg
IMG_3048.jpg
IMG_3066.jpg
IMG_3056.jpg
IMG_3062.jpg
IMG_3064.jpg

while I wait in between for things to dry....I tend to get a lil creative on the paper I lay down to avoid getting paint on my table. Also you can see the total mess I made, glad I didnt get any paint on my FAVORITE shirt that I forgot I was wearing at the time!!!!

IMG_3065.jpg
IMG_3067.jpg
IMG_3068.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1/6/12

Remember that Victini charm that Iris bought in the 14th movie from the souvenir stand? ughhh now remember that pathetic one I made from memory? I watched the 14th movie online today an tried to make another. Now I can wear it in public at my league! Hmmmm looks like a sugar cookie....

BEFORE:
IMG_2638.jpg

UPDATED PIECE:
IMG_2867.jpg

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg

Here are some updated polymer kanto inspired clay badge charms! They took about 3 hours total to make and I still need a link-chain bracelet to complete this project... :/ eh oh well here is a preveiw of what I am making! They may not be as awesome as KeroKeroCola's on spitestitch.com but I still think these are lovely. The rainbow badge is my favorite and was surprisingly easy compared to the others ^-^ haha all I did was put 9 tiny rolled balls of clay together in a circle and used an exact o knife to make the ends flat. I re-painted the cascade and made the thunder and boulder more of a 3D gem effect!

BEFORE:
IMG_2856.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1/1/12

Made a suicune drawing and painted it with india ink!

PART_1325407436242.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12/28/11

Here is the shiny dunsparce painted! OMG im glad I made this! ^-^ sorry folks, I dont think I will sell this-my boyfriend *really* loves it! I spent a good 2 hours painting it ;)

IMG_2715.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2718.jpg

IMG_2719.jpg
12/27/11

I liked Nekoban Ryo's idea! ^-^ its a work in progress:

IMG_2706.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12/23/11 made an ancient mew figure!

Took me a few hours because of paint drying time! The eyes were the hardest to do. I needed my promo card to help me make this! ( yea i am one of the bad ppl who opened their packaged ancient mew card...) xP I tried to google an ancient mew figure but no results... am I the only one that has one? 0.0 I put it in a little case with purple tissue paper to keep it safe ^-^ Not for sale srry! ;P

Ancient mew figure

IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_2700.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12/10/11

Well anyways, I got some polymer baking clay and metallic paint. With that I made a figurine of my favorite pokemon-a shiny milotic! My name sake :3 This took me about 6 hours to make as im not so dexterous with clay. Im very proud of it actually!
IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

IMG_2610.jpg

Here is a "poke'doll plushie" I made for my boyfriend our 2nd year, which makes it a little old. I made it out of an old white T-shirt and black socks! This lil thing took me a whole afternoon hand stitching-no sewing machine! I glued the face on from cut fabrics so I sadly cant let it get dirty.Not washer friendly :p
IMG_2630.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_2631.jpg

Here are these 2 crafts on my small but proud toy shelf from my glory days as a kid and now! these are what all is left from many many moves over the years and mostly recent from McDonalds. I think my milotic and pokedoll make my collection very unique!

IMG_2613.jpg

Ya know those lil thingies in Japan people draw an eye in when they make a wish-and when that comes true they draw in the other eye? I made a mini Darumaka one! My 2012 wish you ask? To get that Kyurem EX in BW4 Next destinies! ;P

IMG_2620.jpg

IMG_2623.jpg

Noble VictoriesPrerelease/Halloween 2011 I showed up with hand-made pikachu ears and a tail from Party City at the Fantasy Quest PreRe in Sherman,TX! Darn was it crowded in there... I also made a yellow shirt with brown stripes on it, but, my closet ate it O.O These took me about 5 hours to make. I really wanted to take my time...

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

I have a card box I got at Walmart and decorated it. I drew a zorua on it with sharpie and I put "stickers" on it! LOLz

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg

Well that it for now, hope you enjoyed :)

Okies...heres some more!

PREPARE FOR A PHOTOBOMB!!!!

I was gonna "spoiler " these but its an art thread theres no need! xD I wanna point out I have no experience with all these cool banners and avatar stuff ppl make on the computer nowadays. Everything here is totally hand-crafted in person not designed on a machine! :p I wiiiissshh I could do all this cool computer graphic stuff but I need to learn how to first!

To start off, again, here are my awards! theres my Scholastic art award in 7th grade for ocarinas BUT THEY SPELLED MEH NAME WRONG WTF, my silver key award for an ocean painting I no longer own.. and my Gera art award which a portrait of my friend Kelly was sent to an art museum for a year!
IMG_2658.jpg

Here are my famous ocarinas and the book my teacher lemme photocopy! Its a very exclusive book and I spent a LOT of time making these-and listening to Planet Earth in the background! lolz My BF broke the mouthpiece of my black bass one :( I made the turtle for my BF for our 1 year anniversary!
IMG_2650.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

Heres somethin pokemon related! I drew a picture for my pokemon binder that I designed with thick card stock. I LOVE the 3 crowned beasts (jhoto girl) I admit I printed out the pikachu :p
IMG_2644.jpg

I drew a garden thingy...I drew seashells and a beetle but idk where they went.
IMG_2662.jpg

I was tipsy on new years when I drew this... im actually VERY proud of this!
IMG_2665.jpg

I drew a boa like the tree frog too ;)
IMG_2667.jpg

uhhhh.... some pshyco jellyfish I made.
IMG_2684.jpg

I went to the dentist one day and it took foooorrreeeevvveeeeeeeerrrrr in the waiting room so I drew this-never finished it though I am a HUGE zelda fan too but I think I love pokemon more :p
IMG_2676.jpg

Drew this for my BF and me's 7 month anniversary way back then. He is playing his black explorer guitar! its kinda crappy but he loves it.
IMG_2673.jpg

When I first met my BF I drew this for him :p I had a HUGE crush on him at the time OMG this picture is very crappy!
IMG_2677.jpg

Im VERY proud of this----my FIRST asian-style water color ink painting with a real chinese caligraphy brush!!! Its hangin' in my kitchen by my white orchids
IMG_2687.jpg

A week after the mountain painting I made this! We are big Okami fans ;) this is right above my bed! Im scared it will fall on me sometimes when I accidentally bump the wall at nite.
IMG_2686.jpg

Here are some betta pictures I drew! the top-right one is my multicolored single-rayed crowntail betta, Ryu! ^-^ the others are requests from other members of bettafish.com
IMG_2685.jpg

I just learned how to make those origami paper cranes that flap its wings when you pull the tail! OMG RYU IS IN THIS PICTURE! He is totally stealing all the attention in this photo. Isnt he so cute! ^-^
IMG_2643.jpg

RE: Shiningmilotic's poke'art thread

I like them alot...
Especially that milotic. I can't get it how you got it so perfect. These are amazing :D

Seriously, the Milotic is cute.... And that Clefairy doll too. :)

awww thanks everyone! xP wow it seems everyone loves my milotic a lot! Sorry but im gonna keep it ya'll :p spent 6 hrs on it after all! I got the clay at hobby lobby for $1.00 and the paint at walmart ^-^ its a cheap and easy way to make figurines! Looking at luckypokegirl's signature wanna make a shiny totodile next but idk. Im actually best at making bass ocarinas, thanks to my former art teacher who specialized in ceramics and her previous teacher taught her the gift of how to make them. I can take a pic if ya'll want! ooo Also I can take pictures of my other art. I have actaully won quite a few nice awards!---thank to my ocarinas :/

Oh man! You do hand-drawn art too? This just keeps getting better, haha. =P That Okami art looks especially nice. Very colorful with that same cool style they use for the video games, really neat. :] And I'm going to join in with everyone and say that your clay Milotic is pretty amazing. Looks like it took a lot of time and patients but it was all worth it because it came out really nicely. The rest of your art is great as well. The link and the Legendary Dogs drawings are pretty awesome. I also really like your plushies and I know someone that would be jealous of a lot of them lol.

So yeah, fantastic stuff you have here. I can't wait to see what else you might have just waiting to be posted. =P

Shiningmilotic said:
awww thanks everyone! xP wow it seems everyone loves my milotic a lot! Sorry but im gonna keep it ya'll :p spent 6 hrs on it after all! I got the clay at hobby lobby for $1.00 and the paint at walmart ^-^ its a cheap and easy way to make figurines! Looking at luckypokegirl's signature wanna make a shiny totodile next but idk. Im actually best at making bass ocarinas, thanks to my former art teacher who specialized in ceramics and her previous teacher taught her the gift of how to make them. I can take a pic if ya'll want! ooo Also I can take pictures of my other art. I have actaully won quite a few nice awards!---thank to my ocarinas :/

More clay art! :D

And your drawings of Pokemon are pretty good. What you should improve on is your shading. I sometimes use shading in my drawings. And, also, keep drawing! You can always improve. ;)

Another Texas artistvideo game/okami lover that loves bettas. You are officially my new brah.

Anyways, I enjoy your art. Specifically the bettas. Your shading is great, but the lines and proportions of you art need work. Nice job.

It's unfair how you can be soooooooo gooood in so many different types of art :(
Seriously you are an amazing artist.
Do you ever sell art?
I'm sure people would buy it.

To conclude. YOU ARE AMAZING <3

Now I'm mad! You're so much better than me! lol

I really like yoru stuff. You're so talented in so many areas of art!

My favorites are the water color ink paintings. It's all amazing, though. :)

You should totally make a shiny Dunsparce sculpture. And give me that jumbo Victini card. :p

RE: Shiningmilotic's poke'art ! 12-28-11 CUTE SHINY DUNSPARCE FIGURE UPDATE!!

Oh wow, you work fast, haha. The Ancient Mew looks really cool, I like how you gave it it's own little case. =P And then the Dunsparce looks very well done! It looks almost as if it were an official figure besides the fact that it's not made out of plastic but even that is hard to tell lol. Really great work on both of them, I especially like the Dunsparce. :] Your art is looking more fantastic than ever, I can't wait to see what you decide to post next!

These are all amazing! I especially love the Dunsparce, you did an awesome job on that.

Can't wait to see more!

The Dunsprace is really cute. And great paint job.

I can't wait to see more!

I love all your work, Shiningmilotic, but what stuck out to me most were your animal drawings and your asian-style water color ink paintings. It takes good artists to get animal anatomy down, and I'd say you're definitely there. You are well-versed in so many different media, though...definitely impressive! Looking forward to seeing more from you!

IMG_2718.jpg

"I'm on my back and can't get up." *flapflapflap*

It's too cute! If it wasn't for your boyfriend loving it so much, I'd totally buy it from you (if I had money, anyway - I recently spent all my cash on a set of flower cards). I also love the ancient Mew sculpture. It looks like a little idol or something. It's so cute! >w<

I should try making some Pokemon figurines rather than just "items"...

Anyway, keep up the outstanding work! :D

RE: Shiningmilotic's poke'art ! *** 1/1/12 Suicune Inkling added

@Shiningmilotic – I love your Asian-style artwork; it is truly amazing! I commend your application of that particular ink with Suicune. India ink is very messy, and difficult to manipulate. Good job! ^^

I adore your frog ♥ When I observe drawings of tree frogs, I reminiscence to my first serious drawing as a child. I copied my sister – who had painted a tree frog, and drew it from her example.

Your crafts are adorable! The detailing is exemplary and the shape is smoothly crafted. Nicely done! *o*

Overall, excellent work!! I look forward to observing your artwork in the future :>

Shiningmilotic > Xous

Just sayin. :cool:

Thank you all for the motivating comments! 0.o What is Xous?? lolz

I have been working on more polymer clay works! I was sightseeing ppls pokemon devian art stuff and I saw a chick who spent 10 hrs making a kanto pokemon badge charm braclet! 0.0 I wanted to make my own but luckily it only took me 3 hrs however I need to go to the craft store *again* and look for special findings [ those metal loopy and hooky things on jewelery ] so I can finish and post pictures!!!!!!

Shiningmilotic said:
Thank you all for the motivating comments! 0.o What is Xous?? lolz
This is a Xous. So you should take "Shiningmilotic > Xous" as a compliment lol. ;P

Although I would find it hard to compare you to Xous seeing as how your specialties in art aren't exactly comparable in my eyes.

Back