Team DBT
Worlds: 60 CP
Regionals: 45/150/(105)
League Challenge: 12/10/12/10/12/15
Cities: 50/50
States: 90
506 CP (611 CP)
Fall Regionals:

Hey guys, I'm back with a Regionals report. This time I went to Philly regionals. Historically, I've done bad here- last time I failed miserably, and the time before that I was donked out of cut by a certain Glace. This time I hoped would be different. Days leading up to the tourney, I didn't know what to play. I had amazing secret decks like Absol/Eeveelutions/Darkrai, which just won somehow. The week of Regionals, Blah informed me that Virizion/Mewtwo was good, contrary to my prior beliefs. After some testing, I found it was VERY consistent, and obviously immune to lasers, 2 things I couldn't bear to give up. So last minute, I ditched my secret decks and WALLAH, Virizion/Mewtwo was my deck. I gave Justin my Absol/Colress Machine/Darkrai deck and tested with Bryan's straight Darkrai. They were bringing me to Regionals and giving me a place to stay, so I kind of had to. Jeremy, Robby, Rob, and Ishaan were ALL playing Virizion/Mewtwo, however mine had distinct edges over their's- Scramble Switch, and Frozen City. I met up with a lot of people I haven't seen in a while, including a long time friend, junior national champ, Victor Aung, and Zach, who I thought quit. I also met up with friends from other states, like Jacob, Jon, Sidney, Sam, and plenty more (cause I'm popular, ya know?)

87 seniors
7 rounds
T8
GO!

Round 1 vs. Joseph A. with Plasma
My friend from a different league first round. >.>

Game 1: We dead draw for a while, but although I fall behind, I pull out a win with trusty Bouffalants.
Game 2: He dead draws the entire game. No. Legit. Games. Ever.
1-0 (2-0)

Round 2 vs. Logan H. with Darkai
Game 1: I get Virizion out T9, so yeah.
Game 2: Prized Mime, played the matchup wrong, and that ,my friends, is why you test.
1-1 (2-2)

Round 3 vs. Darkai/Keldeo
Game 1: I sweep him. For fun, I put a frozen city in play and put his Darkrai down to 10 HP. He attaches accidentally, killing it, and loses.
Game 2: He flips to go, instead of just choosing LOL. I kept asking if he was sure, and he insisted, so I was like, fine. He still went first with lone Sableye and confuse rays. I dropped Virbank and decided to have fun. I skyla'd for laser over the normal Ultra Ball and laser, pass. He confuse rays. I pass. GG
2-1 (4-2)
The guy next to me Caitlin'd for 12 cards 0.o

Round 4 vs. Emily with Virizion/Mewtwo
Game 1 and 2: Very silly games, both Mewtwo wars, I just outplay her with attachments and Frozen City.
3-1 (6-2)

Round 5 vs. Brian Rivas with Darkrai/Garbodor
Game 1: We both can't get going, and he topdecks Juniper to start steamrolling me. #format
Game 2: I open colress for 3. Woo. I actually get going though. I Virizion away Sableyes and Bouffalant the Darkrais. Easy sweep for me.
Game 3: Pretty much game 2. Bouffalant is Darkrai's bane of existence in Virizion/Mewtwo. I power up too many attackers and flood his field with damage, while using Max Potion to not even give him a chance.
4-1 (8-3)

Round 6 vs. Ben Alexander with Plasma
Game 1: He destroys me with early pressure, and I just can't respond quick enough.
Game 2: I turn 2 his lone Kyurem with laserbank on T1, then Emerald Slash T2.
Game 3: Very close game, although I miss CRUCIAL energy drops. After wiffing a game deciding DCE, I need to flip a laser heads and sleep him to have a chance to sweep with Mewtwo. I do just that, but he flips heads for the win. GG
4-2 (9-5)

Round 7 vs. (the one and only) iisnumber12 (Jeremy Gibson) with Virizion/Mewtwo
Game 1 and 2 are just about us destroying one another.
Game 3 is the best though. I make a crucial misplay early about overestimating Mewtwo in general. However, one clutch Frozen City puts on a CRUCIAL 20 damage to kill his Bouff. We trade prizes back and forth until I have 1 and he has 2. I have a Virizion with 2 energy. He can't risk attaching to Mewtwo since I have a lot of resources and 3 DCE, 3 Laser, 3 Catcher left, and at least 2 Mewtwo. I go aggro Emerald Slash, until I get N'd into a great hand. I bluff no Juniper, but he never attacks my Virizion because if he does, he risks losing. I bluffed no supporter because if he attacked me, I had a max potion AND Juniper to respond, basically wiping his last turn off the field. The winning turn consist of me junipering into the following: DCE, Scramble, Laser, Catcher, Mewtwo, Laser, Catcher. WOW. I get an OHKO on his bench Mewtwo for the win. Dang I'm lucky. GG dude!
5-2 (11-6)

I end up 10th, bubbling like a pro, but still getting points, so no problem.

Props:
Consistent
Jared keeps tricking me
Victor T8 TCG
Ishaan won
Mike Diaz T4 with Tool Drop
the Tams for being amazing
Rock Slide double flinch plus Hydro Pump for the win
Scramble Switch
Bouffalant
Gumby
Blah freaking out over his deck
2/3 format (I love it tbh)
Friends
Hilarious conversations during the rounds
Apu
T16 VGC
T16 TCG
Brendan Zheng for being WAY TOO FREAKIN GOOD
JoRo for the Virizions
I ended up with 32 packs
Mario Kart Speech
Cookies
2005 decks #T1 DoubleQueen

Slops:
Double Bubble
Robby Bubble
Blah Bubble
Orrin Bubble
WORST PACK PULLS IN HISTORY of FOREVER
having to beat Jeremy
tired
Randolph, NJ League Challenge
Deck: Darkrai Garbodor Hammers
Seniors: 6, 3 rounds lol

Round 1 vs. Christian with Big Basics Garbo

WOW. First round and I'm against a pretty bad matchup. I go first and get an energy into play on my darkrai. He T1s my Sableye. I Junk hunt with my other Sablye and Hammer away his DCE. From there I can set up and use hammers to slow his Landorus EX down. I'm able to KO a Mewtwo EX, a Landorus EX, and a Tornadus EX to win. GG.
1-0

Round 2 vs. Lex with Virizion/Genesect/Umbreon

Once I get a stable field, I just win. V/G is naturally inconsistent, and with my hammers, the matchup was in my favor. However, Lex managed to get it to a close game, with me flipping A LOT of tails, and getting a slow Darkrai. I close the game by sniping his Virizion with 140 damage out.

2-0

Round 3 vs. Emmet with 60-card mirror

Lol I gave him my list for this deck. I dead draw.

2-1

Props:
Second
12 points
Emmet gave me a pack: FA Reshi (not gold though)
Good Guy Frank
Call for family = Egg and Jirachi
Garbo > Trubbish
Dark Garbo
Metagaming like a pro
Jared is too pro at this game
Iris

Slops:
Losing to the person I gave a deck to
Laser
Dead draws

Randolph NJ, League Challenge
Straight Darkrai hammers + 1 Mewtwo
8 seniors
R1: Scrub named Elliot S. (Elbow) with Plasma
I annihilate him wooooo. Nah, it was close, but I close out the game with a large Mewtwo.
1-0

R2: Bryan Tam with Blastoise/Keldeo
lol He hits 2 energy and retrieval off N to two + topdeck to OHKO my Darkrai.
1-1

R3: Emmet W. with Darkrai Garbodor
Too much happened, I can't remember everythings besides N decking him.
2-1

Props:
3rd
Chinese food
Mewtwo
Crushing Elliot's dreams
Dr. Pepper deckbox

Slops:
Jeremy's counterdeck
DarkGarbo haters
we didn't intentional draw every round.

Somerville LC
18 or 20 seniors, there were a bunch
5 rounds
Deck: Dark Garb
R1: Conkelldur/Garchomp/Groudon 1-0
R2: DarkGarb 2-0
R3: Nadia with Blastoise 2-1 (benched T3 cause didn't draw basics...) 2-1
R4: Darkrai 3-1
R5: Jack Kolbert The Yeti 4-1
2nd +12 CP

Props:
Every senior gonna intentional draw at Nats
2nd
Old Format decks
Mom for driving me
Robby won Masters

Slops:
Almost forgetting super rod
Nadia won cause we all suck

LC 4/19/14
Morris Plains, NJ
5 Seniors
Deck: Round

R1. Emmet W. w/ Darkrai/Yveltal/Garb 0-1
R2. Kyle W. Darkrai/Yveltal/Bouff 0-2
R3. Bryan T. Darkrai/Yveltal/Bouff 1-2 (He scooped to me lol)

3rd +0 CP

Somerville, NJ 5/18
Deck: Yveltal/Garbodor
R1: Scrub.dek 1-0
R2: Plasma (dead drew hard and still almost won) 1-1
R3: Plasma 2-1
R4: Darkrai/Hydreigon/MegaZard X 3-1
R5: Darkrai/Yveltal/Bouffalant 4-1
2nd +12 CP
Randolph, NJ
4 Seniors lol
VirGen/Raichu

R1: Bye lmao 1-0
R2: Weavile/Eggs/Lopunny (I deck him out) 2-0
R3: Yveltal/Garb 3-0
R4: Yveltal/Garb (Blah) 3-1 (He's a sack)lol

1ST PLACE AT A LEAGUE CHALLENGE WOOOOO!!!!!!1!1111!!!

Somerville, NJ
21 Seniors daaaayum
Yveltal

R1: Virgen/Raichu (nice dead draw) 0-1
R2: Aromatisse/Plasma 1-1
R3: Virgen/Raichu 1-2
R4: Rayboar 2-2
R5: Yveltal/Garb 3-2

Nice 10th place

Justin got 6 heads on Pikachu's nuzzle in a row against Lex's Rayboar with Virgen/Raihu to deck lex out lmao
Bluebell, PA
17 Seniors. 5 rounds, T4
Darkrai/Garbodor

Round 1: Bryan Tam with Blastoise Keldeo
Very close, he is ahead most of the game until I get my Garbodor going (he ran 2 scrapper). He gets 3 Keldes loaded, but Darkrais + Sableyes + lasers are able to kill them.
1-0

Round 2: Zach Bokhari with Blastoise/Keldeo/Black Kyurem EX
No scrapper
2-0

Round 3: Michael Catron with Flareon/Terrakion
Hammers plus Lasers get through Retaliate, so once I'm safe, Darkrai goes to town and he decks himself on purpose
3-0

Round 4: Jon Eng with Virizion/Mewtwo/Bouffalant/Garbodor
I go first with lone trubbish and pass. He Ns and misses the donk. I am able to get Sableyes and Hammers to slow him down. Garbodor shutting of Virizion and Bouffer really made Darkrai incredibly strong. Darkrai is able to take the game once runs out of energy.
4-0

Round 5: Lex D'Andrea
I discard a lot of supporters then drought lol. I was probably going to scoop to him since he was 3-1 anyways.
4-1

T4 vs. Jeremy with Awesome.dek
G1: I hax him with hammer heads til it aint even fun
G2: He gets Terrakion EX going, but some heads later, and its weak and slowed down. I play cautiously of Retaliate because he took a quick 4 prizes. But once he runs out of resources, I Laser Spear everything.
5-1 (6-1)

T2 vs. Jon E. with Virizion/Mewtwo/Bouffalant/Garbodor
G1: I go first. Lone Trubbish. Pass. Donked.
G2: I go first. Lone Trubbish. Ultra for Sableye. Pass. Trubbish Dies. I get Darkrai and hunt. Sableye dies. I get another Darkrai. Then I pass until I get a Skyla for Juniper. Idk why, but he set up Garbo, so I can laser (lapse of judgemen?) I set up a Darkrai with a claw and wreck his field. Once it got damaged and he ran out of laser, I Max Potioned it and set it up again next turn. I mount an amazing comeback that will be remembered for days.
G3: This game was actually not an almost donk for once. I set up this time, and am able to get crucial (well helpful, not necessarily crucial) hammer heads to slow him down to the point where all of his attackers are in OHKO range. I KO a Virizion and Mewtwo for 4 prizes and the win.
6-1 (8-2)

This would be longer, but I kept pressing back, so it got deleted, and I got frustrated cause it happened twice.

Props:
Winning
50 CP
Pack Wars
Flippin like a boss
Spirit of the game
Singing
Pack Wars
Darkrai Garbo for being BDIF
1%
KFC + Donuts
I have every crappy card BUT aggron
Awesome.dek
Carnivine
Comebacks
Round
Clarity
Bathroom breaks
DJ Jeremy

Slops:
Ungodly amount of heads
YOU SKIPPED SWEET NOTHING

Cities: Cedar Grove, NJ
Deck: Darkrai/Mewtwo/Bouffalant
13 Seniors
5 rounds, T4

Round 1 vs. Thundurus EX/Deoxys EX/Kingdra/Other Plasma stuff
Uuuuuh ok. Rock Guard and Frozen City were annoying, but I still sweep with Bouff and Darkrai.
1-0

Round 2 vs. Emmet W. Straight Darkrai Hammers
He misses crucial hammer heads, but Bouffalants do work and lay the smack down on Darkrais. He eventually runs out of resources while I Night Spear to the win. It went to time, and I thought we would tie, but we didn't thank god.
2-0

Round 3 vs. Darkrai/Hydreigon/Dusknoir
Welp, pretty bad matchup. He gets both his stage 2s out really quickly, but I also get a quick Darkrai. I Spear through his slow start, and put 30 on both Darkrais. He attacked with one, and I OHKOd it with Bouff/Laserbank. Then, he killed my Bouff with Sig, which I responded with a second Bouff/laser/bank. I keep damage off the field with Max Potion, and Mr. Mime really slows down his pace. I keep nailing his field with damage until he runs out of Max Potions, then Bouff/Next turn Darkrai snipe for the win.
3-0

Round 4 vs. Zach Bokhari Gothitelle/Accelgor
He destroys me really quickly.
3-1

Round 5 vs. Charlie with Plasma
He gets a mediocre start, while I get a quick Darkrai. I Ko a Thundurus EX early, and he can't muster up a Kyurem to OHKO my Darkrai. My Mewtwo OHKOs his Kyurem (plus snipe), and I go through another Kyurem with relative ease. Finally, I go to town with Darkrai, putting damage on his field of Exs so that I just gold breaker for the win.
4-1

T4 is Zach B. 5-0, Me 4-1, Lex with Goth/Accelgor 4-1, and Nadia B. with Blastoise 3-2

T4 vs. Lex Gothitelle Accelgor
G1 + G2: He doesn't draw too well, and Mewtwo OHKOs his goths, while Keldeo prevents Deck and cover.
5-1 (6-1)

T2 vs. Zach B. Gothitelle/Accelgor
G1: He gets set up, but his Dusknoir is stuck active due to laser and no float stone. He misses crucial catchers to bring my Keldeo to its doom. With that, Mewtwo and Darkrai are able to squeeze and very long, close game.
G2: 15 minutes are left, and he has to take 4 prizes to win. He gets a solid start, but doesn't get a solid Gothitelle out before my Mewtwo kills it. I slow him down for a while with an Eviolited Darkrai, which forced him to scrapper it with his Dowsing. I set up a nice field with a fair amount of energy and am able to X Ball for quick prizes. He wiffs crucial DCEs, and I have a Darkrai that can KO anything on his field to take my last prize.
6-1 (8-1)
Yay +another 50

Props:
Dad for driving both ways
Mr. Dr. Professor CJ Conti
Explosion Licklicky in the clutch
Winning with the same deck and at the same place as last year
Mewtwo and Bouffalant for being so clutch
Winning against all odds
pizza
2/2 on Cities
Emmet and I didn't get penalized for being a little late
Jeffy and Lil Jeffy made T8

Slops:
Nadia scooped to Zach in T4
I should not have won lol
Didn't get a cupcake

Brooklyn, NY Cities
12 Seniors, T4
Deck: Darkrai/Mewtwo/Bouff

Round 1 vs. Chandelure EX/Sigilyph/Mewtwo EX
He dead drew, but I kind of destroyed him with Bouff anyways,
1-0

Round 2 vs. Justin with Accelgor/Snorlax
I know I can't win, so I stall the game out with Escape Rope/Max Potion/Junk Hunt and end it in a tie.
1-0-1

Round 3 vs. Jeremy with Virizion/Genesect/Bouff
He destroys me, mostly cause I didn't draw well and I missed a crucial Gold Breaker
1-1-1

Round 4 vs. Rayboar
Bouffalant sweeep pretty much
2-1-1

There are 3 2-1-1s, only 2 will make it. I wiff at 5th, Justin and Michael make it, then lose in T4. Way to be.

Props:
Basketball questions
Accelgor/Lax
Jeremy won
Machamp the Champ was there with a cool deck

Slops:
Jeremy won
bubbbllle
Should have played Dark Garb....

Burlington, Cities
Deck: Darkrai/Garbodor
16 seniors, top 4

Round 1: Jessy W. Tool Drop
I go down 5 prizes cause I can never set up Garbo, but once I get it and N her to one, I sweep her.
1-0

Round 2: Sydney M. Darkrai/Garbodor
Really close, came down to a coin flip for Catcher in the end and she got it to win.
1-1

Round 3: Jack Kelly Darkrai/Hydreigon
I overestimated this matchup. I thought I could easily win. I got a lot of prizes early, but he Max Potioned away my late game damage and set up a Darkrai plus Scrapper on my Garbo. I wiffed a Max Potion off a Colress to nine to essentially lose me the game because my Garbodor was knocked out and I couldn't laser anymore. I also didn't expect 4 max potion from Darkrai/Hydreigon, most only run 3. Oh well.
1-2

Round 4: Big Basics/Garbo
Oh joy. Good thing he didn't draw well and I laser + T2 spear to take 6 prizes.
2-2

Round 5: Emmet W. DarkraiGarbo
He doesn;t draw too well, I get T2 Spear and KO a Darkrai (laser damage included). From there I set up a lot of Darkrai and he doesn't draw so hot.
3-2

I have a chance at Top 4 if Jeremy wins. He does. But Lex and Sydney ID at the Table 2, leaving only one spot for a 3-2. Nolan gets it and I get 5th. Woo. If Sydney had won, I would have made it...

Props:
None to be completely honest

Slops:
Wiffing again
no Subway
annoying car ride
Ties
Lex

North NJ Cities
Deck: Darkrai Garbo
14 Seniors, 5 rounds, Top 4

Round 1: Nadia B. Blastoise
I dead draw, and have to discard 2 Garbo and float, along with prizing my Super Rod and missing Trubbish for the first couple turns. I actually OHKOd a Blastoise this game, but didn't help me.
0-1
*first time I lost Round 1 this season

Round 2: Zach B. Genesect/Virizion/Archeops
I get night spears and Garbo going, actually draw well, and hit a catcher to KO his Virizion with 90 to win.

1-1

Round 3: Bryan T. Darkrai/Garbo
We both start average, but I flip worse than him and don't draw into Patches when needed.
1-2

Round 4: Suicune/Terrakion
I go second, draw pass for like 5 turns. Woo. However, once I get set up, I start making a comeback that I would ultimately win with. Until he decks himself. Ok.
2-2

Round 5: Lex Accelgor/Walls
He turn 2s my lone Trubbish. Yay. We wait to see who wins, because if certain people win, I can still make it. However, it doesn't matter, and the win is his.
2-3

Props:
Snape wiffed
Biological Warfare
Worlds decks

Slops:
Pretty much everything involved in the tournament...

Scotch Plains NJ Cities
Deck: Darkrai/Mewtwo/Bouff
5 rounds, T4

R1: Aiden w/ Big Basics/Garbo
First off, I forget Dowsing in my deck, second he flips catcher (he only ran one) for the win :/. Dowsing would have won me the game....
0-1

R2: Big Basics/Garbo/Drif
Are you freakin serious....It's ok though cause I dead draw and get benched by T5 cause I start with a hand of 4 energy, 2 basics and Virbank and continue to Draw anything but Draw/Search cards...
0-2

R3: Nadia w/ Blastoise
I beat her and crush her dreams which makes me extremely happy.
1-2

R4: Blastoise
He dead draws, and Bouff does work.
2-2

R5: Jeremy with Dark/Garb
He flips better.
2-3

Props:
Nothing

Slops:
Everything
Sup guys, back with a real report for the first time since last regionals. Like a REAL report. So here we go:

It started a week before regionals. I had just failed at cities with Darkrai/Mewtwo/Bouffalant. This was really upsetting because I hadn't been able to place at the last 4 cities, hurting the chances at my invite. Also, I lost on a technicality and luck. I realized Virginia Regionals was next week, but the Tams, Emmet, nor I had a ride. 3 days later and my dad agrees to take us again, saving the day. The six hour drive wasn't as bad the previous year. The Mario Kart games were intense and we tried to discuss decks, but in the end, Bryan and Emmet were running my Darkrai/Mewtwo/Bouff with some edits, where Justin would choose whichever deck I didn't use (Virizion/Genesect or Darkrai Mewtwo Bouff) We arrived at the hotel at like 12, playtested til 2, then slept. I'd like to give Emmet a lot of credit for helping with my list. Catcher was godly over the useless Keldeo EX and mime. Next morning we met up with all of our East Coast friends, made Bryan's deck, and I decided that I would run my Darkrai/Mewtwo/Bouff. I made a last minute edit or 2nd bangle over dark claw, which I think proved really helpful throughout the day. There were 82 or so seniors, T8 cut, 7 rounds.

Round 1 vs. Emmet W. Darkrai Mewtwo Bouffalant
Ok that's silly.
G1: Close game, he flips heads on catcher for the win, otherwise I had the win.
G2: I wreck him pretty badly, but he's a pretty slow player in general, so that is that and we don't have time for game 3.
0-0-1

Round 2 vs. Michael M. Darkrai Garbodor
G1 + G2: I don't remember much but I win G1 and G2 pretty handily, using Mewtwo to take quick prizes and Bouff to clean up.
1-0-1

Round 3 vs. Sydney M. Darkrai/Garbodor
Ok good thing I didn't play Virizion Genesect.
G1: I can't remember much, but her gold potion and eviolites were very annoying. She takes a lead with Absol, but I respond with Darkrai. Eventually, she runs out of steam, and since I'm more consistent, I can take out her attackers with ease.
G2: Probably the same as G1:

2-0-1

Round 4 vs. Harry Wada Darkrai/Garbodor
G1: He hit an ABSURD amount of tails. Like ABSURRRRRRD. I didn't draw too well though, and eventually he slowed me down with streaming hammers late game that I just couldn't finish.
G2: I dead draw, great way to start. He hammers a lot, then goes on the offensive eventually. Luckily, he doesn't play catcher. I'm able to set up a Darkrai or Mewtwo eventually somehow and put pressure on his Darkrai. Max Potion saved me as it always does. Last play of the game was him sleeping my Mewtwo with a DCE with his Darkrai with 80 after an N. I draw two, one being RR, another being Juniper. I flip, wake up, and topdeck DCE for game. And then we tie cause there's no time for Game 3.

2-0-2

Round 5 vs. Ethan H. Yeti
G1: He dead draws
G2: Very close game. I couldn't flip heads on crucial catchers, which set me back. He also topdecks the last plasma after an N to 2 to win. Can't say he was lucky, he missed stuff that game too.
G3: We know there isn't time, but we play for fun and I charge up a huge Mewtwo for funnies and OHKO a Lugia.
2-0-3

Round 6 vs. Yeti
G1: I beat him pretty handily, although he did prize Plasmas, but to be fair I was in a dominant position anyways.
G2: This one is much closer, but he makes a small mistake late game which costs him huge (raiden knuckles wrong energy). I hit a catcher heads to OHKO his Deoxys after a snipe from Darkrai with Bouff + bangle.

3-0-3

Round 7 vs. Liam M. Darkrai/Garbodor
G1: I get an insanely fast start, with quick KOs, and I prevent a garbo from entering play. On the opposite side, he starts slow, and my advantage leads to a quick game 1.
G2: I turn 2 his absol.

4-0-3

Jeremy ends up 6-1 with Big Tex, but Bryan, Justin, and Emmet don't do too well unfortunately. Lex lost to Jeremy last round to miss. While I waited for standings, although I was pretty confident I would make T8 then lose, I played soccer with some other seniors.

Top 8 standings:
1. Jon E. VirGen with Roserade
2. Jeremy Terrakion EX/Drifblims/Victini EX
3. Ian R. Blastoise
4. Hunter H. Plasma
5. Daniel J. ??? most likely Yeti
6. Cote S. Yeti with Tornadus EX (plasma) and Lasers
7. Me
8. Ben A. VirGen

So of course I'm against Jeremy. I'm pretty happy I made T8 at all, because I was just looking for points. This is a really weird matchups, because I can guess his list, and Mewtwo and Bouff are really strong, however, Drifblim can be a Mewtwo threat, Victini can hit early, and Terrakion EX/Terrakion can OHKO my Darkrais, sableyes, and bouffalant.

T8 vs. Jeremy G. with BigTex
G1: He dead draws...
G2: Really close game. He took a quick lead, but Bouff swung for 2 prizes on Victini, then Mewtwos KOd a Drif and a regular Terrakion. Down 2 prizes to one after an N, I have to switch up to a clean Mewtwo to avoid losing. To avoid losing he switches between Terrakion EXs and I X ball like 5 times for 40, waiting for a supporter or something. He hits an Enhanced Hammer and switches to Pump up Smash. I top deck RR, get Juniper, count my deck, and hope my laser, energy is in there. They are, and GG Jeremy. Sorry about that bad series.

5-0-3

T4 vs. Cote S. Yeti with Tornadus EX (plasma) and Lasers
G1: I think I lose pretty quickly to be honest.
G2: I play better, but we both dead draw for a while. The turn I get a supporter, he does too. Fair enough. Not really sure how I take this win.
G3: All I remember is late game night spearing everything until he accidentally brings up a Keldeo with 6, which I laser kill. This sped up the inevitable, because I could OHKO nearly anything else.

6-0-3

T2 vs. Hunter H. Yeti
G1: His friend told him to go aggro Snorlax. BIG mistake. I load up 2 Mewtwos and wreck. He almost made a comeback, but I silence it with an Escape rope + Mewtwo to checkmate him.
G2: He destroys me.
G3: INCREDIBLY close game. I make a really risky plan this game. I remembered when I was playing Jack at an LC, where I went down in prizes, incredibly quickly, but he ran out of steam and "went out" too fast. This knowledge was really helpful. I made plays that forced him to waste his Plasmas and attachments. He goes down to ONE prize, while I have 6. Then here comes Mewtwo, in the clutch. N to two and KO his Lugia, down to 4 prizes. He sends up Thundy with 90 and knuckles putting a third energy on his Snorlax, but my Mewtwo KOs the Thundy. He is drawing the cards he couldn't thin early due to my quick N-lock. He switches in to a Thundurus EX, no energy, and has to pass 3 times, unable to hit switch plus 3rd DCE. 3 turns = 3 60 damage X Balls. GG.

7-0-3

Yay I won! I'm back in the invite race, needing only a States T4 to acquire it. I collected all my prizes, got some congrats, trolled the stream, and hung out until the masters finished. We then ate at Dennys for dinner, woke up the next morning, and left. More Mario Kart, then some homework, and my weekend is over! Now, for the only part people read:

Props:
My dad for bringing us
Winning!
Winning!
Great opponents!
Emmet for suggesting edits!
Mewtwo
All of my friends
Byes!
Soccer
Jeremy T8
"free food"
silver mirror doesn't work on EXs Jon
Goth/Gardy and Weavile Eggs?!
Trolling the stream
MARIO KART >>>>>>
"Your deck sucks" -Nolan Wilson, who finished 9th with bandwagon Yeti
Not that many complaints about Nadia this time THIS TIME
Spiritomb because Scramble Switch is annoying and (DEFINITELY not for G Booster)
About to Hexed Mirror for 12, then I Nd them to 3 such pro (it ended up working out fine though)
Popeyes
SNICKERS ICE CREAM IS GODLY
Silver mirror ALL the EXS
Judges love me
Great time

Slops:
Pram didn't ID with Robby
Beating Jeremy in 2 meh games
Sam you choke
never let Justin use the waffle maker
bugs in the bug zapper
Emmet stop jumping on the beds
Emmet shut up and go to sleep
Y they no stream us (kinda happy they didn't, I didn't play that well lol)
Elliot y u scrub
Laser

I'm probly missing a bunch of both

Delaware States:

Wake up at 5, get there at 8:30. Playing Yeti after freaking out. Need a top 4 for my invite.

Round 1: Penny sleeve.dek
Yup I lost

1-0

Round 2: Aromatisse/Plasma
He played it really well, and Nd me out of a crucial turn. My absol was prized, giving him time to fill his field with energy.

1-1

Round 3: Tool Drop

K

1-2

Round 4: Yeti
He dead draws.

2-2

Round 5: Justin T.
K I gave him my deck. I am forced to overcommit to lax and I can't do anything after that. Didn't change anything, he had a better shot at cut than me..

2-3 such scrub

LC after:
Darkness/Garbo
R1: SHIFTRY OMG NOLAN IS SUCH A TROLL 1-0
R2: Blastoise 1-1
R3: Darkrai/Hydreigon 2-1
R4: Darkrai/Yveltal 3-1
3rd +10 CP

Props:
Dad for bringing
Mario Kart
Switching decks
Jeremy winning
Scrubbiot did well
THATS RACIIIIST
I got more points than Ishaan
My brownies were the best
I'm white
Kyle winning
3/5 of our car T8ing Seniors (guess which two failed)
Choosing the bracket perfectly
Protect in the clutch
Greg Sawk to the tune of Darth Vader
Had a lot of fun despite the bad showing
Emmet T4/Bryan T8
Tournament was run AMAZINGLY

Slops:
Being scrubbier than scrubbiot
YETI SUCKS
Mario Kart RNGs against me I swear to god
Jeremy winning
Zach's temporary lapse of judgement
Shiftry is annoying and Nolan is shifty and Nolan is Trollin and yeah he did better than me with Shiftry I'm gonna cry now bye
New York States

Well, I needed to top 4 here, or I'd be pretty upset. I won here last year, so I wanted to defend the title too. The Tams took me and we played Mario Kart because it is literally the best game ever. I'm playing Yeti again because I believed it could work and cause my other list sucked.
29 Seniors, T8

Round 1: Darkrai/Landorus
G1: It's actually really close even though he's a new player, but Lugia pullls through.
G2: I teched in a Kyurem because Landorus was being hyped. Needless to say, it helped a lot.
1-0

Round 2: Darkrai Yveltal
Game 1: He almost got a T1 Spear, but thankfully doesn't. I'm able to counter his Yveltals with Thundurus and one shot his last pokemon with Lugia.
Game 2: I fill his board with damage and take 3 prizes with Lugia, then signal up a damaged Yveltal EX and kill it with Lugia.
2-0

Round 3: Aromatisse/Big Basics
Game 1: He dead draws and I get T2 Snorlax to sweep
Game 2: I hit a 180 damage Plasma Gale to remove all his energy from play, then am able to Signal up his Yveltal EX to Ko it for the win.
3-0

Round 4: Blastoise (Intentional Draw)
3-0-1 (I won 2-0 in fun games).

Round 5: Accelgor Trevenant (Intentional Draw)
3-0-2

So T8 is:
1. Vincent S. Aromatisse/Big Basics
2. Me Yeti
3. Nicholas M. Blastoise
4. Zach Accelgor/Trevenant
5. Lex Rayboar
6. Justin Darkrai/Yveltal
7.Nadia Blastoise
8. Jeremy Palkia Suicune

T8 vs Nadia
Game 1: I kill all her squirtles so she never gets Blastoise
Game 2: She gets double tails on catcher, so I can get 2 BK EX KOs with palkia and I Scramble switch megalo cannon to kill her Keldeo.
4-0-2

T4: Justin
G1: I annihilate him.
G2: I megalo Cannon for 3 prizes but still manage to lose somehow.
G3: I set up 2 Lugia, both one shotting everything on his field.
5-0-2

T2: Jeremy
G1: He annihilates me, I make a mini comeback after Signal stalling, but he stopped it easily.
G2: He annihilates me more, almost make a comeback, once again gets silenced. Him playing 4 enhanced wasn't very nice.

Props:
Invite
MARIO KART
SWEET SCENT
Not gettting penalties in T8
Annoying people
Zach invite
T4 were all from NJ
KFC
IDs
Yeti for not failing on me
Bo3 Swiss
tho
I can't even
Nadia hacking Bryan's twitter.
Snorlax stalling
Rap Battle for T2
People forgetting that I have more byes than Jeremy
Ishaan not being there
Doritos Locos Nachos
Megalo Cannoning more than I should have
NJ had 1,2,3 and 4 (and more), 3 of the spots being from the Tams car.

Slops:
Jeremy won
I didn't win
Blah not making cut
JUSTIN IS SO ANNOYING
Jeremy's mom brings him and I so kudos to them for that. I had to wake up at 4:20 on Saturday so I got a solid 4 and a half hours of sleep, which will come into play later unfortunately. I hope this inspires you guys to get sleep. We get there really early and I pick Yeti over Yveltal at registration due to Yeti's matchups. I don't regret that at all, it was a great choice. I meet up with a lot of friends, there are only 54 seniors, which is pathetic and sad, and round 1 is....

R1: Aidan w/ VirGen/Drifblim
Good meta call my ass.
Game 1: He dead draws
Game 2: I win if I get one of my 3 muscle band off a colress for 9. Wiff.
Game 3: It's close but I pull it out
1-0

R2: Liam M. Darkrai/Garbodor/Bouffalant/Yveltal
Good meta call my ass
Game 1: I win because I trick him with an escape rope switch play to bring up his Sableye for my last prize.
Game 2: I win this somehow lol
2-0

R3: Zach Bokhari RayBoar
Game 1: He gets catcher tails so he can't KO my Palkia and I steamroll him.
Game 2: He hits heads this time WHOA. Pretty much decides the matchup.
Game 3: really close game, the conclusion is me Escape roping to bring up an emboar with no energy. I N and hit it with Palkia but don't switch cause he doesn't have a Rayquaza EX in play. He gets an N off the deck and uses it. Then he mystical fires and wiffs a way to switch, so I Strafe for the last prize. GG
3-0

R4: Henry R-C Blastoise
Game 1: I steamroll him cause he flips tails
Game 2: I take a HUUUUUUGE lead with snorlax. I get down to one prize. He promotes Blastoise and beaches. I Skyla, and think really hard. I should get either Colress or Shadow Triad. If I get Shadow Triad, I win next turn, but I don't see it. I think a bit more, knowing I have a plasma left in my deck. FOR SOME ODD REASON, I CHOOSE THE FREAKING COLRESS. He doesn't have the N, so I colress and wiff. I proceed to lose due to Black Balllistas galore.
Game 3: No time, so essentially I misplayed into a tie like a freaking idiot.
3-0-1

R5: Noah Brandi with Darkrai/Yveltal EX/Bouffalant
Game 1: We start late due to mulligans (keep that in mind) I draw dead for a majority of the game and he laser haxes me the other part. At one point, I N him to one and I have the win next turn, but of course he gets Juniper and DarkPatch, proceeding to OHKO my Lugia. Of course. This is why Juniper is better than Sycamore.
Game 2: He dead draws and scoops early to save time. good man.
Game 3: I steam roll him. Time is called after I attach and Raiden Knuckle and before he draws, so he gets T1 instead. I still had a shot, as long as I attached to the right Pokemon. Whoops, I ATTACHED TO THE WRONG ONE BECAUSE I'M A FREAKING IDIOT. Ok, I needed one more energy, and I probly won't hit it. He rushes in and passes. I topdeck N and hit the DCE of course. Great. Just great. Worlds Caliber player my ass.
3-0-2

R6: Spencer N. TDK
G1: He steamrolls me.
G2: I steamroll him
G3: I steamroll h-jk I dead draw of course.

3-1-2

So I get 12th, as my resistance is muy fantastico. But I don't get points because nobody felt like showing up to this. Jeremy got T16 too, but he deserved T8, he just ran into bad matchups. Henry and Noah go all the way to T2 ironically, which doesn't make me feel better although it should. Sigh.

Props:
Emolga ripping
Frank won
Henry won
5-2 VGC why am I so good?
Burger
"Lex, if I beat you with yeti, your deck sucks"
truth or dare
Robby actually top cut a regionals
and he got his invite
Stupid crime shows
Jeremy beating Tool Drop with Palkia
Happy Bday Sam
Virizion EX
My deck for not failing me, but me failing it
Gibsons for bringing me
Party in the bathroom

Slops:
Making stupid misplays
confusion screws me out of VGC t8
No T16 points
annoying people
I lost my dice bag
Newey was so close :/

Sorry this is going to be short, but I will but the props and slops list tho :p

Got there Wednesday, tested Virgen/Raichu drif a lot that day and thursday. Liked it a lot just cause pure consistency and Top 3 MUs. Wednesday Jeremy, Emmet, and I walked around and hung out in the arcade which was a lot of fun. Thursday I met up with all the seniors and friends I've met from across the country and that was nice. At this point, I think I committed to Virgen/Raichu. Next day, handed in deck list, resleeved during 2 byes, and off we go I guess.
rounds may be mixed up sorry.

R3: Darkrai/Yveltal EX (just straight speed)
G1: W
G2: L
G3: Dead drew L

2-1

R4: Plasma/TDK
G2: W

3-1

R5: Jack K. Trevenant Accelgor lel
G2: W (I used drifloon's beat to win the game #proplays)

4-1

R6: Trevor L. Darkrai/Yveltal/Raichu
G1: L
G3: W

5-1

R7: calvin m. Virizion/Mewtwo/Raichu (amazing deck idea btw)
G3: L

5-2

R8: Justin P. Virgen
G1: L (He went first so automatically he pretty much wins the series lol)

5-3

R9: Jazmyn C. Yveltal Raichu Darkrai
G1: topdecks win L
G3: topdecks win.... L

5-4

90 something or other

If I had won last round would have bubbled 34th anyways,,,still think I should've won it.

Regional Championship thing

Rob paid for me to get in, becuase he just wanted the mat. Changed my deck to Virizion/Mewtwo/Raichu because that deck is such a genius idea.

R1: Virgen/Raichu

0-1

R2: Antonio B. Pyroar Archeops
(Turn two 2 raichu both games really helps the cause)
1-1

R3: Aromatisse/Plasma

2-1

R4: Landorus/Mewtwo/Garb/Raichu

3-1

R5: Virgen/Raichu

4-1

R6: Trevor L. (same from swiss) Yveltal/Raichu
4-2 (scoop so he can get invite (5-1))

R7: Yveltal/Raichu
5-2 (6-1)

18th (would have gotten 4th)
+ theoretical 105 CP

Got to see Ishaan win with empoleon, that 2-0-3 win out though. Left and went to steak and shake, then finally home. And then I had to prepare for boy scout camp the next day...WOOO

No but really nats was still really fun

Props:
Emmet can't seatbelt
Plane mariokart
Paper towel charger (skymall in general)
Who likes the colts jeez
Stalker status
Drew tryna bag
The cute incredible money dog
Sachin steals cars
Artichoke
Teaching and preaching
Urinal TVs
HORSE
Air hockey tournaments
whatthefoisdey
Jeremy's artistic abilities
All the pets are dead
the "scenic route"
Air hockey competition comeback champion
Make it sleeve
Jessy goes 7-2 wut
No laser flips
We pay bills
WE BELIEVE NEWEY WILL WIN
Trade up
Virizion Mewtwo Raichu too strong
Hot sauce packets trade up
Turn down for what in spanish
Emmet's selfie game
Pen darts
Ishaan won
#seniormasterrace
Blah crosswalk button (wait)
Proplays
Blahs shuffling level
Jirsachi Jirsachi

Slops:
Shady shuttle service "I take money, you get home"
Rainbow road is satanic
Weed car
No more amazing air hockey machine
Emmet shrieks like a banshee
Silly goose count: 4
Virizion pronunciation
crap bomb
AXE bomb
Impossible to make rogue
curvy sleeves
steak and shake's line
NJ failing so hard
this format is weird
VirGen mirror
Topdecks
Longest elevator ride
Trade up
newey losing
pyroar
Nadia got 5th in the regionals to miss her invite
emmet sucks at picking restaurants
Scrubbing so hard
Blah Blah Blah

Worlds 2014

This year, we left on Thursday. We (The Tams, Jeremy, and I), all have been to D.C. before so we didn't really need to explore like first timers (it was actually my 3rd time).
On the way, all we did was do Pokemon White/Black (2) Free for Alls and Mario Kart and for once I won both. After getting to the hotel, we searched for open gaming, which was in a very nice hotel connected to the convention center. Met up with a bunch of people/friends and tested, along with preparing Bryan and Justin for the grinder/LCQ.

The next day, we went to the convention a little late cause we didn't need to be there early. We cheered on our friends in the grinder and tested most of the day. Bryan ran TrevGor and lost first round to a really bad VirGen list, while Justin ran Speed Lugia and made it ALL they way to the last round, losing to our very own LuxChomp running Salazar.dek because Justin dead drew. Really unfortunate, we all wanted Justin to get in and he was SO close. They should've let in T8 like they usually do, but nooooo they only did t4. Jeffrey, Jeremy, and I started creating a pyroar list for the next day, which would eventually be our deck. Very good play because of the amount of Plasma, Yveltal, and Virgen decks. We got our swag then left to test and sleep.

Tournament: Pyroar/Charizard
8 Rounds
Top 8 cut :/

R1: Yveltal/Garb
G1 + G2: Like the matchup goes, I kill his Garb, then I run him out of lasers and sweep both games
1-0

R2: Alex Krekeler with TDK (US)
G1 + G2: Game 1 is close because of laser and I miss switch, but I still pull it out, and G2 destroy him pretty quickly because he didn't run a counter
2-0

R3: Vinny Special with TDK (US)
G1 + G2: This guys a good friend of mine who grinded in from my area, and I was really happy for him. Unfortunately, I'm always his bad luck charm, and this was no different.
3-0

R4: Plasma with Lugia
G1 + G2: He played Latias, but it didn't help too much because its slow and Charizard/Druddigon OHKOs it. He flipped a lot of tails, but they didn't really matter
4-0

R5: Cal Connor with Yveltal Garb (US)
G1: I win pretty quickly because I ko his Garb and he runs out of lasers.
G2: I don't draw as well and lasers hurt me because of it. I make a risky play at the end that doesn't play out well, but I don't think it would've worked in the long run
G3: I wiff everything and dead draw. If I hadn't wiffed a Muscle Band once, I would've won, and if I hadn't wiffed an energy another time, I would've won.
4-1

R6: Yveltal/Garb
G1: I can never kill his garb because he always had two and I could never pull of catchers/lysandres to get rid of them. However, I'm able to revenge + scorching fang with pyroar to take 2 prizes, then take the other 4 with Charizard. Extremely close game.
G2: I can never kill his garb and can't pull off the same awesomeness as game 1.
G3: Read G2
4-2

R7: Daniel Perski with VirGen/Raichu
G1: Charizard too strong
G2: I dead draw and he gets T3 Booster to win
G3: Charizard + Pyroar too strong
5-2

R8: Jeremiah W. with ObeyJer (Darkrai/Bouffalant/Yveltal EX)
G1: Dead Draw
G2: Destroy him
G3: Dead draw

5-3

31st place, 1 place improvement from last year lol

Jeremy finished 18th and Jeffrey lost in T8. I admit, I hit all the matchups I needed to, but at the same time, I drew poorly in last couple matchups. Starting 4-0 and ending 5-3 was sort of upsetting, but it wasn't really my fault and it was the gamble I took with the deck. Colter went 5-0 and went to 5-3 so I guess I'm not the only one lol. Don't think I would've done any better with King Kang. Oh well. I collected my prizes then just hung out with my friends the rest of the day. Sunday we played lots and lots of Pack wars, which was really fun, watched the finals, which were exceptionally good this year. Unfortunately, I had to leave before the closing ceremony like last year, so we watched it on stream on the drive home.

tl;dr: It was an awesome time.

Props:
Free for All
Jeremy ponders life (Is everything just a figment of our imagination?)
Mario Kart
Jeremy gets haxed out of Mario Kart
Cool doorman
Only Justin fails computer search
KinG KanG is the strongest deck ever
Lol australia
Cal is a stalker
Can tower
Bryan got wrecked by a deck running energy search lol
Resistance
Making $90
Justin almost grinding in
Protect cube black kyurem
Auroras
I make bad deals
T32/improving exactly one place
Jeffrey T8
Pyroar
Arjun's pickle
The giant's comeback
Pack wars
King Kang T4'd masters
Masters T2 (PRIZE THE SHAYMIN!)

Slops:
Justin's card handling
Ejected my game card accidentally after catching terrakion
Bryan screwed over my nuzlocke
Justin should've grinded in
This format
dead draws
laser
wiffing
choking
Nadia came
always missing the closing ceremony

RE: Here We Go Again! RogueChomp's 2013-2014 Season Report

This will be entertaining. Nice job at Regs.
Did Glace even turn up?

Glace quit as far as I know of.

How did you manage to never have a match go to time? That sounds almost like an accomplishment to me. Nice job on the performance, not quite top 8 but considering top 16 gives you a decent amount of points towards Worlds I'd say that's still quite good. This is only the beginning of the season anyway, I'm sure you'll do even better as the year progresses. :]

Blah said:
Glace quit as far as I know of.
Really? That's too bad. I definitely noticed his lack of presence during the tournament.

I usually play fast, unless I'm in a tight spot, but thanks anyways!

Good Job dude!! Hopefully we can finally meet at a tourney this year.

Update with Legendary Treasure Prerelease + draft:

Prerelease:
Pack pulls:
Meloetta EX FA
Emolga FA
Gold Reshiram

Deck: Big Basics (Zekrom, Thundurus, Bouff, Shuckle, Sigilpyh, Druddigon)

Round 1: Joseph A. with Mewtwo
Mewtwo GG
0-1
Round 2: Jeremy with TriMagikarp
Magikarp did suicide when it attacked my Druddigon.
1-1
Round 3: Justin with Landorus/Gallade/Kyurem
Ooooooh he counterdecked me sooooo much. But I use Druddigon and Zekrom strategically to KO his Lando, then Outrage sweep.
2-1
Final Pulls:
Lugia EX
Energy Switch

Booster Draft:
Pulls/Cards obtained
Meloetta EX x2
Shaymin EX
Mew EX
Lugia EX
FA Emolga
lol

Deck: Mew EX/Bouffalant/Shaymin EX/Crustle/Serperior/Carnivine/Shuckle

Round 1: Justin with Landorus/Stunfisk/Reshiram
Landorus too strong. No, but I overbenched and should have gotten out Shaymin EX.
0-1

Round 2: ? with Fire/Grass deck
Shaymin sweep
1-1

Round 3: Fire/Grass deck
Carnivine ALLL the energy.
2-1

5th place, Liek a boss

Props:
NBA Teams
Judges
My prize card organization
TriMagikarp and SoloSolosis
Justin keeps pulling Landorus
10 ultra rares what what
Gold Reshiram
Football
EV trained my Aegislash
the "Stop" Game, courtesy of Frank Diaz
Lucksacking vs. Jeremy

Slops:
NO Spiritomb, or decent EXs
Triple Bubble
Rides
38% resistance
I'm Poor Now

RogueChomp said:
Serperior

Servine master race?

Also, you pulled better than me at a PR o_O How is that possible?

Blah said:
RogueChomp said:
Serperior

Servine master race?

Also, you pulled better than me at a PR o_O How is that possible?

I didn't get the good Servine though. Got the bad one. And the bad Serperior.

RE: RogueChomp's 2013-2014 Season Report: League Challenge!

Lol Jarod won... No props for him.

RE: RogueChomp's 2013-2014 Season Report: First Cities of the Year!

Nice job Chomp on the great amount of CP. Although I didn't know that Worlds gave CP for the next season. Must be nice :p

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Nice job Chomp on the great amount of CP. Although I didn't know that Worlds gave CP for the next season. Must be nice :p

Haha thanks, it is pretty nice. Hopefully I can get the invite without the Worlds CP though.

I could have won if we all went with the intentional draw plan, but no-oh, Jeremy just has to screw all of our plans... and you crush all of the dreams I own lol!

Elbow said:
I could have won if we all went with the intentional draw plan, but no-oh, Jeremy just has to screw all of our plans... and you crush all of the dreams I own lol!

I mean really, ALL of the seniors could have gotten points! People are Soooo selfish.

And yeah, you need to move to a different state, because everytime we are at the same event I face you and crush your dreams of winning

RogueChomp said:
Elbow said:

I mean really, ALL of the seniors could have gotten points! People are Soooo selfish.

And yeah, you need to move to a different state, because everytime we are at the same event I face you and crush your dreams of winning

What is winning? I forgot what that is... is it a new pokemon in Gen VII?

Back