Rogue Deck Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rogue Decks that can beat Meta Decks!

Blah said:
Zebstrika blocks items ya fuel.
My bad... XD serves me right for not actually testing the deck. This is why you don't do theorymon kids.

In all seriousness then yes TDK is an easy win however will this deck ever win against much else? No! Therefore making it outclassed. However now I can't deny that it's a cute fun deck that in the end has fundamental flaws against everything but TDK.

RE: Rogue Decks that can beat Meta Decks!

Serperior said:
Jamster said:
I've been working on a new one. It's a Team Plasma deck. Leafeon, Escavalier, Deoxys EX. It's working pretty well right now but I still have a couple of things to switch in and out.

How does this work? I'm intrigued.

Actually, so am I... :/

Rogue Decks that can beat Meta Decks!

Luispipe8 said:
Serperior said:

Actually, so am I... :/

Take this as a lesson... Anyone posting here with a new rogue deck should explain the concept of it entirely. Otherwise we will have no idea how is works.

It sounds just like a Plasma deck with different attackers. Leafon and Escavalier are both low-energy attackers that can do some damage, and it's not surprising to see them paired with Deoxys for extra damage. Though if you're going with Leafeon and DCE for Escavalier, I'd like to see Flareon in there as well.

I was thinking flareon but sadly I don't have any irl. With the low hp these pokemon have compared to EXS, I probably should get my hands on some.

Serperior said:
Jamster said:
I've been working on a new one. It's a Team Plasma deck. Leafeon, Escavalier, Deoxys EX. It's working pretty well right now but I still have a couple of things to switch in and out.

Works pretty well so far. I use the evee with the sign of evolution, that way you have a turn two attack. I run level, Plasma, and heavy ball with 13 supporters so I often have Leafeon or Escavalier up by turn two and fully charged. I only run 3 Deoyxys EX. I don't think 4 is needed. I run double colorless, blend, plasma, and metal energy.

Jamster said:
Serperior said:

Works pretty well so far. I use the evee with the sign of evolution, that way you have a turn two attack. I run level, Plasma, and heavy ball with 13 supporters so I often have Leafeon or Escavalier up by turn two and fully charged. I only run 3 Deoyxys EX. I don't think 4 is needed. I run double colorless, blend, plasma, and metal energy.

I think he meant what is the deck's strategy and why did you choose the cards you did.

There is a guy at my card shop that was joking around about mixing decks and seeing what the product would be. We got on the topic of mixing Blastoise and Plasma, and came up with kind of a wacky idea that might even work a little bit. We got out the pencil and paper and started messing around with a list. We came up with:

3 Deoxys EX
3-3 Blastoise
3 Kyurem PLF
2 Keldeo EX

4 Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla
3 Colress

3 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Float Stone
3 Silver Bangle
3 Ultra Ball
2 Team Plasma Ball
2 Tool Scrapper
1 Superior Energy Retrieval
1 Dowsing Machine

11 Water

The concept is definitely out there and the Bench would be stock full, but I think it has a chance to win a few games. I can guarantee it would be fun. The list is pure theorymon, so we haven't actually tested it out. We also came up with decks like Plasma with Genesect EX, Moltres EX, and Absol instead of Kyurem, and a wacky combo of Blastoise, Emboar, White Kyurem EX and Mewtwo.

RogueChomp said:
Jamster said:

I think he meant what is the deck's strategy and why did you choose the cards you did.

Precisely. Where's the synergy?

Escavalier is the main attack. I use his frist move, steamroll, as his main attack to spread damage around like you would with a Darkrai EX. With 2-3 Deoxys down you hit for 60-70 damage. Idealy you want 70 so you can two shot an EX. I put Leafeon in the deck to take advantage of the the first move. The Dude your vs has alot of enegry down, he takes lots of damage. As of the past day or two I have been thinking of taking out Leafeon but I havn't thought about what to put into it yet.

I've made a similar concept to wrags23 - combined two metagame decks and put my own twists on it.

Landorus EX, Cobalion EX, Deoxys EX, Umbreon, Plasma Badge.

Quite simply whack a Plasma Badge on Landorus and/or Cobalion and have the big basics reap the benefits that Plasma Pokémon can get. Plus, with three Deoxys in play, Landorus can hit the magic 180, and even Cobalion hits 130 regardless of effects, which kills Kyurem. On top of that I play 2 Lasers (might bump to three as no-one locally plays Virizion) so with that Cobalion can OHKO Blastoise, which is great because Blastoise is running rampant at league. For this reason I've also decided to play Plasma Frigate (a card I've never seen anyone use!) so that even if Landorus does get the T2 Land's Judgment through Colress Machine, it won't have the Weakness to Water that it suffers so badly from!

Br0vyle said:
What about trubbish toolbox? I need help with a good list

I don't it's truly rouge as it's well a known deck but the basics would be,

4 trubbish
4 siglyph (tool box)
2-2 masqurin

4 N
4 Juniper
3 Skyla
4 EXP. Share
4 Float Stone
2 silver bangle
6-8 more tools
2-4 catchers/escape rope

10 psychic energy

This puts with about 51-55 cards leaving you some room to customize/ tech for your meta.

Currently working on a Victini EX / Heatran EX / Moltres EX deck, with Metagross as a supporter to aid in getting my heavy hitters out there quickly. I don't have much experience making decks, and I'm a collector at heart, but I'm really getting into the competitive TCG and I have a Victini EX, a Heatran EX, and soon I will have a Moltres, so eventually I'll decide if it's worth it to buy a couple more of one or two of those EXs, put some staples in that make sense, and see how this Fire deck works out. I LOVE Victini's Energy Accelarate, and I really want to use it, even though the only person I play with as of right now is my 8-year-old brother, but eventually I'd like to play at leagues. Even if I don't play, I'd love to have a deck that I'm proud of. :)

I want to build a Weezing / Dusknoir deck, throw in Colress Machine, a couple Reversal Triggers and Silver Bangle and it'll be a fun deck. :) I'll let you know how it works out.

Whoa! The X/Y rule changes are coming around here in a month! That means Catcher needs a coin-flip, and going first prevents you from attacking on that turn.

This also means Stage 2 Decks will gain so much more ground, allowing for more Rogue Decks! Wow... that's cool.

PumpedAaron said:
Whoa! The X/Y rule changes are coming around here in a month! That means Catcher needs a coin-flip, and going first prevents you from attacking on that turn.

This also means Stage 2 Decks will gain so much more ground, allowing for more Rogue Decks! Wow... that's cool.

Where has it been confirmed that the rule changes will take effect in November and not February when the first set is actually released for the North America Format?

The person going first not attacking frist turn will help stage 2 decks but I don't see it being that big of deal. If both players can't attack their first turn than that would be a big deal.

Cortel II said:
PumpedAaron said:

where has it been confirmed that the rule changes will take effect in November and not February when the first set is actually released for the North America Format?

Main Page announced it a few days ago.

Jamster said:
the person going first not attacking frist turn will help stage 2 decks but I don't see it being that big of deal. If both players can't attack their first turn than that would be a big deal.
I believe the new rule indicates that only the designated player going first can't attack on his/her first turn; the player going second can attack. This is significant, but best discussed in another Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back