Rogue Deck Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
^

You could try Frozen City against Blastoise/Emboar decks. I've seen that work very well against them. It won't do anything against Plasma decks, but Enhanced Hammer should be good against that. Froslass is also something to look into as it could shut down any deck that relies on special energy (and do some nice spread).

Pooka had a pretty interesting deck featured Yesterday and that is Lucario/Cofagrigus/Milotic. Here's the list:

4-4 Lucario (Hurricane Kick)
4-4 Cofagrigus (6 feet under)
2-2 Milotic (Energy Grace)
1 Mr Mime (Bench Barrier)
1 Jirachi EX

4 N
4 Juniper
3 Random Receiver.
3 Bicycle
4 Level Ball
4 Ultra Ball
2 Silver Bangle
2 Silver Mirror (against Lugia)
1 Switch
1 Computer Search

6 Fighting Energy
4 DCE

I tested it online and it's fun, but I might find space for a megaphone or 2 for the Garbodor matchup (maybe take out the switch and a receiver or bicycle).

I've been playing this deck for a bit now just because I've always like Milotic and lucario and the two seem made for each other. You don't need the cofigrigus line at all as it hurts more then it helps and you can easily give up to many prizes and not be able to survive to take all of yours my suggestion and the list I play is:

4-4 Lucario
3-3 Milotic
1 Jirachi EX
1 Drudgion
1 Mr. Mine

This pokemon line up gives the necessary amount of prizes while leaving you with enough left to lose 1-2 lucario and take all 6 prizes. It's a great deck and will only become more powerful when the next set is released.

I was wondering if Forretress FLF and Gourgeist XY might go together well. If you're not familiar with Forretress, it has a neat ability called Thorn Tempest that allows you to put one damage counter on each of your opponents pokemon when you evolve into Forretress. Gourgeist's attack, Eerie Voice, is somewhat similar, but requires a psychic energy to use and puts two damages counters on each of your opponents pokemon. Also Gourgiest's second attack, Spirit Scream, allows you to put damage counters on both active Pokemon until they each have just 10 HP left, which works well with Forretress also. Maybe incorporate Dusknoir BC to spread damage around if Gourgiest can use Spirit Scream on a Mega EX which gives you around 200 damage to move around the next turn, then evolve into Forretress and KO some stuff. Just a little fun idea I thought of. Obviously it would run Devo Spray (if it's still in format....). Also, I found some interesting cards that maybe you guys could help me think of some decks to use them in. I really like Durant FLF because of his first attack, Chip Off, which lets you discard cards at random from your opponents hand until he has just 4 cards remaining in his hand. This seems like it could be great in a lockdown deck. Also, Furfrou from XY looks good. He reminds me of Bouffalant DRX a little bit. Bouffalant boasts more HP, the same ability, and their attacks are better or worse in different circumstances. In his time Bouffalant was so good because he was able to get favorable prize trades with the EX infested metagame with Gold Breaker. However, it seems as though we are switching over to more non-EX attackers now, so Gold Breaker looks a little lack luster, hitting only 60 for 3 colorless. However, Furfrou is able to do a consistent 80 damage, with the additional effect of removing one energy from your opponents active Pokemon. Kinda interesting I thought. Again let me know what you all think!

Cortel II said:
I've been playing this deck for a bit now just because I've always like Milotic and lucario and the two seem made for each other. You don't need the cofigrigus line at all as it hurts more then it helps and you can easily give up to many prizes and not be able to survive to take all of yours my suggestion and the list I play is:

4-4 Lucario
3-3 Milotic
1 Jirachi EX
1 Drudgion
1 Mr. Mine

This pokemon line up gives the necessary amount of prizes while leaving you with enough left to lose 1-2 lucario and take all 6 prizes. It's a great deck and will only become more powerful when the next set is released.

I actually had another deck that forego the Cofagrigus line and stuck with Milotic. It was basically a revised version of a deck I used to play with Lucario/Landorus/Mewtwo. It also played energy switch and scramble switch, which works even better with Milotic.

I think Cofagrigus is necessary for speed Lucario decks (T2 KO on exes). Milotic is not always as useful early game while the damage from 6FU can add up to magic numbers and provides the deck with some snipe.

What about using Accelgor DEX with Pyroar instead of Trevenant or Flygon? Use deck and cover then put in Pyroar to stall while you get set up.

TuxedoBlack said:
Cortel II said:
I've debated tossing in a 1-0-1 emboar line to help with acceleration but I'm having trouble finding space. I also run a. 2-2 leafeon line to help the blastoise matchup. Plus it has a great favor against VirGen.
I've also found Leafeon to be a good counter in lots of other matchups where my opponent needs to "stockpile" energy, like Yveltal, Darkrai, Fairies, etc.

You could also use Manectic DRX which does the same thing Leafeon does except it's a lightning type so it does well against Yveltal and Empoleon.

NintendoAlian said:
What about using Accelgor DEX with Pyroar instead of Trevenant or Flygon? Use deck and cover then put in Pyroar to stall while you get set up.

TuxedoBlack said:
I've also found Leafeon to be a good counter in lots of other matchups where my opponent needs to "stockpile" energy, like Yveltal, Darkrai, Fairies, etc.

You could also use Manectic DRX which does the same thing Leafeon does except it's a lightning type so it does well against Yveltal and Empoleon.

*just remember both cards you mention(Accelgor and Manectric) are going to be rotated out in September*

The difference between Leafeon and Manecric is that Leafeon's attack costs [C], so it's very versatile. Manectric could only fit in a handful of decks without the need to add either Rainbow or Lightning Energy.

Any of you guys have any thoughts on Flygon/Dusknoir without Accelgor? I'm thinking of just pairing it up with Miltanks or Laser/Bank. :p

Laserbank would kinda be butchering the deck, 4 Beach is an integral part. I personally would include a thin Accelgor line but I vaguely recall someone top cutting US Nats with a Miltank version.

grantm1999 said:
Laserbank would kinda be butchering the deck, 4 Beach is an integral part. I personally would include a thin Accelgor line but I vaguely recall someone top cutting US Nats with a Miltank version.

I see. I'm trying to think of some ideas for the deck post rotation since Accelgor/Beach will be gone.

Shök said:
Any of you guys have any thoughts on Flygon/Dusknoir without Accelgor? I'm thinking of just pairing it up with Miltanks or Laser/Bank. :p
Note that with the release of Furious Fist set, F Poké will be getting a HUGE attack boost; so, expect your Poké, especially the Miltanks, to be "easily" 1HKOd. So, I'm not sure how effective the Miltank damage + Flygon's damage counter spread + Dusknoir's damage counter re-placement might actually be. Play-testing will definitely help you figure that out.

Shök said:
I'm trying to think of some ideas for the deck post rotation since Accelgor/Beach will be gone.

Did you ever consider Donphan + Flygon? Donphan is a Stage 1 F Poké (you could get a damage boost with the new Strong energy) that has a Spinning Turn attack that allows you to attack with it and then bench it. So, you could then promote the Flygon for its Sand Slammer Ability. Viola.

- - - - or - - - -

You could run a strong Flygon line (e.g., 4-3-4) with Celebi Ex. Celebi EX would allow you to have a evolved-from-Vibrava Flygon active and you could use Vibrava's Sand Pulse attack AND still get the damage counter drops from Flygon's Ability.

NintendoAlian said:

Someone actually played that at a league challenge recently. He said he showed up with Pyroar, saw all the Empoleon, and quickly teched in a 2-2 Accelgor line. I don't know exactly how he did with it, but I'm pretty sure it performed decently.

TuxedoBlack said:
Shök said:
Note that with the release of Furious Fist set, F Poké will be getting a HUGE attack boost; so, expect your Poké, especially the Miltanks, to be "easily" 1HKOd. So, I'm not sure how effective the Miltank damage + Flygon's damage counter spread + Dusknoir's damage counter re-placement might actually be. Play-testing will definitely help you figure that out.

Shök said:
I'm trying to think of some ideas for the deck post rotation since Accelgor/Beach will be gone.

Did you ever consider Donphan + Flygon? Donphan is a Stage 1 F Poké (you could get a damage boost with the new Strong energy) that has a Spinning Turn attack that allows you to attack with it and then bench it. So, you could then promote the Flygon for its Sand Slammer Ability. Viola.

- - - - or - - - -

You could run a strong Flygon line (e.g., 4-3-4) with Celebi Ex. Celebi EX would allow you to have a evolved-from-Vibrava Flygon active and you could use Vibrava's Sand Pulse attack AND still get the damage counter drops from Flygon's Ability.

Thanks for the deck ideas! I definitely want to try out Donphan / Flygon. Only problem I see is that the deck might be a little too clunky. I really do what to test it out, though.

Another deck that I'm considering, thanks to Camoclone, is Donphan / Trevanant.

I've been working on a deck centered around hawlucha mew two and raichu. I figured that those three together can handle a lot of threats. How does the concept sound for a player on a budget?

So have we come together and decided what is the best way to Miltank. Froglegs(Miltank/Greninja), Free Milk(Miltank/Butterfree), and Miltank/Empoleon are all very good. I still consider it a rouge deck because it probably won't break into the mainstream meta. Froglegs and Miltank/Empoleon are both decks that have shown there merits, but are they really that good or were they underestimated?

Mr.Muffin said:
Froglegs and Miltank/Empoleon are both decks that have shown there merits, but are they really that good or were they underestimated?

I think it's a bit of both, actually. They both were of course never expected to show up in a major event like the US Nationals were, but they are also very good in terms of dishing out damage fast, hard and easy, something that EX/Basic-based decks are aiming to do.

Froglegs can get a lot of damage spread out really fast which for a lot of decks is overwhelming. This format relies a lot on Bench support, so it can cripple someones game if there Blastoise, Emboar, or Virizion is knocked out because of my 4 Greninja and Miltank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back