Rogue Deck Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PumpedAaron

S Type Armor
With the advent of Plasma Blast, we've gained many new recruits for Rogue Decks! Sigilyph Toolbox, Anti-Plasma Haxorus, Anti-Plasma Sawk, Anti-Plasma Driftblim (phew, that's rather monotonous.) With Silver Bangle, several non-EX Pokemon from the past are actually quite viable! If you ever want more damage, Aerodactyl DEX, using Old Amber Aerodactyl, is actually more consistently playable thanks to Caitlin

Talk about these Rogue Decks here, and which one's can beat the current Meta Decks.

Obviously, all these anti-Plasma Pokemon are gonna give Plasma Decks a lot of trouble.

Donkiss (Togekiss PLS and Donphan PLS) could be a serious annoyance against most Decks now, because with Silver Bangle and 2 Aerodactyl, Donphan's spinning turn does that magic 90 to 2HKO Pokemon-EX, and OHKO an EX hit on weakness!

Gimmicky as it might seem Reshiram (PFZ) and Zekrom (PFZ) could actually deal some serious damage together with help from "Fandango" Emboar, or "Deluge" Blastoise. Silver Bangle, along with Hypnotoxic Laser and Virbank City Gym, means that Reshiram and Zekrom's "Fusion" attacks deal 180 damage!

Sigilyph Toolbox has already gained some ground, being able to protect itself against most Meta attackers thanks to multiple Eviolite and/or Silver Mirror.

Okay you guys and girls. What Rogue Decks have you used and beat any Meta Decks?

Discuss!

Sticky'd~Camoclone

RE: Rogue Decks that can beat Meta Decks!

Before Nationals I played Crobat and in a photo finish I was able to beat my friends TDK list. I also was able to beat Big Basics. It was one of my favorite decks but I switched to VirGen right after Nationals.

Well, usually Rogue decks don't beat meta decks or they wouldn't be rogue. :p
But I do like to play Empoleon, which I still consider rogue.

blargh257 said:
Well, usually Rogue decks don't beat meta decks or they wouldn't be rogue. :p
But I do like to play Empoleon, which I still consider rogue.

Yeah but its not really rogue, enough people know the deck and its seen enough play to be a known deck I don't know if I'd really consider it Meta, but it's definitely not rogue.

Unless you have a very rogue build that uses Jirachi EX / Sawk PLB / Garbador... :cool:

Is Suicune / Terrakion / Mirror considered meta or rogue? Because it's good. Very good. Has a bad matchup against decks like Trubbish that use non-EX, non-Plasma attackers, but other than that it's nigh-invincible, even if the damage output is low.

Zebstrika / Garbodor is absolutely monstrous. Locks out trainers, and abilities, and Plasma can't even hit it if Silver Mirror is attached. I wouldn't be surprised to see this deck take a Regionals this fall.

Ive been playing Lucario / Cofagrigus / Landorus EX / Mewtwo EX. Basically you want to Six Feet Under to give your opponent a prize which boosts Lucario's Hurricane Kick and also makes N a more powerful card.

I'm not entirely sure if this is considered rogue or not, but Darkrai EX with Zoroark NXD beats the crap out of VirGen decks that use G-Booster. Zoroark copies G-Booster and Darkrai hits magic numbers against it. In theory it should beat TDK and Blastoise for them same reasons, but I haven't been able to test much against them yet.

Noting that Zoarark is not allowed to copy G Booster. Genesect is not considered to have that attack, and therefore Zoarark cannot copy it.

I love rogue decks and here are some of my favorites: Articuno / Garbodor can actually win some games for you if you get the energy acceleration... RayBoar, while it is incredibly inconsistent, is fun and can win some... Porygon-Z / Tornadus EX PLF is one of the most fun decks I've played, and can also get the odd win. Latias EX / Sigilyph gained Silver Mirror, so that is a semi-competitive deck. Vileplume needs luck and a good matchup, but is fun and has potential... I have a friend who runs Deoxys / Genesect /Absol, and that can be competitive. Empoleon / Kingdra PLF can be decent. Finally, Gallade / Gardevoir is still legal, so it is there, too. There are so many others I like, but here are just my favorites.

Vulpix Yolk said:
Zebstrika Garbodor is absolutely monstrous. Locks out trainers, and abilities, and Plasma can't even hit it if Silver Mirror is attached. I wouldn't be surprised to see this deck take a Regionals this fall.

I would. It's not a bad deck - it completely steamrolls Plasma once set up - but there are just too many matchups that can go so wrong. Blastoise doesn't have much trouble manually powering up a Keldeo in three turns and taking out any Zebstrika; not to mention a T2 Blastoise is very difficult to come back against.

Anything with Terrakion / Landorus destroys Zebstrika.

Darkrai - especially Darkrai / Garbodor - has no problem with Zebstrika. It hits 90 with 3 energy and can only be 3HKO'd back with Bangle.

I suppose using LaserBank and Bangle could ensure 2HKOs (assuming no Lightning resistance), but that's even more to set up. I just don't see Zebstrika being able to win consistently enough against popular decks to take any moderately-sized tournaments.

Trubbish / Sigilyph is kind of on the hazy edge between rogue and meta. Everyone knows about it, though it's not particularly popular, and it really isn't made to have techs against anything like rogue usually does.

Blah said:
Noting that Zoarark is not allowed to copy G Booster. Genesect is not considered to have that attack, and therefore Zoarark cannot copy it.
Ah. Whoops, I was going to ask that question at some point, but I forgot. Oh well.

My Gallade / Gardevoir / Mewtwo / Exp. Share deck can steamroll most of other Rogue Decks and Garbodor (weakness+2 Scrappers). I've beaten Empoleon 5 out of the 7 times I played against it. I have a favorable match against Darkrai in spite of the resistance. It can beat Plasma as long as they make a mistake on the set-up and/or keep Catchering KO their Deoxys.

I'm a big fan of my blaziken deck. Turn two flame thrower hurts.

So far the three decks I've been having the most success with are all rogue: Turbo Trubbish, Zebstrika / Garbodor, and Suicune / Terrakion.

I didn't mention Beedrill PLF and Shaymin EX NXD!

They're a good combo. They all have little to no retreat, which makes board mobility a lot easier, they can force retreats, thanks to a Poison and Confusion combo, and with Silver Bangle out, Beedrill can 2HKO Pokemon-EX.

Luispipe8 said:
My Gallade / Gardevoir / Mewtwo / Exp. Share deck can steamroll most of other Rogue Decks and Garbodor (weakness+2 Scrappers). I've beaten Empoleon 5 out of the 7 times I played against it. I have a favorable match against Darkrai in spite of the resistance. It can beat Plasma as long as they make a mistake on the set-up and / or keep Catchering KO their Deoxys.

Are you using the Gardevoir with the Pychic Mirage. I'm using that one with Mewtwo / Sigilyph with SafeGuard. I don't know about anyone else but I name my decks. More fun giving it a name than listing the pokemon in it. I call this one Double-UP since I use Gardevoir to double Pychic energies on Mewtwo / Sigilyph.

There's also shaymin EX / cofigrigus PLF you use six feet under ability to knock out cofigrigus and then OHKO everything in the game with shaymin EX revenge blast. It's a fun deck.

Jamster said:
Luispipe8 said:
My Gallade/Gardevoir/Mewtwo/Exp. Share deck can steamroll most of other Rogue Decks and Garbodor(weakness+2 Scrappers); I've beaten Empoleon 5 out of the 7 times I played against it; I have a favorable match against Darkrai in spite of the resistance; and i can beat Plasma as long as they make a mistake on the set-up and/or keep Catchering KO their Deoxys.

Are you using the Gardevoir with the Pychic Mirage. I'm Using that one with Mewtwo/Sigilyph with SafeGuard. I don't know about anyone else but I name my decks. More fun giving it a name than listing the pokemon in it. I call this one Double-UP since I use Gardevoir to double pychic energys on Mewtwo/Sigilyph.
Yeah, I just call it Gardevoir / Gallade or Gallade / Gardevoir, it's simpler and I like it. XD

for the past few months I've been running Whack-A-Mole (quad Excadrill from Dark Explorers). it has an even matchup against TDK's and VirGen decks, and can destroy Darkrai variants as long as a turn 1 night spear doesn't show. To my surprise, this deck doesn't get blown completely out the the water against Blastoise / Keldeo despite it being weakness.

This thing puts up a good fight and the infinite recycling is just stupid funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back