News Rockruff Evolution and Ultra Beasts Shown in CoroCoro!

StriatonIsMagic

I'll Never Forget This Day
Anyone else notice UB02 looks like a fish?

Rockruff's evolutions look awesome! I just hope they're not version exclusive since I kind of like the Sun version more.

UB02 looks a lot like Lusamine, UB03 doesn't look like any one but it's a weapon, and Gladion uses Type:Null which is essentially a weapon. Maybe they're related?
If Gladion is in league with that mosquito, I'm gonna scream. Because my headcanon. (According to Tiffany Parker's Ridiculously Large Headcanon/Fanfiction Portfolio, my Sun playthrough character, whom I haven't decided a name on yet, is his best friend.)

i hope not
You spelled no wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nahiri

Never gonna be President now
this is so cool, but if you look closer at the top corner of the anime trailer, you will see a charizard! could this be ash's? also Lillie has an alolan vulpix. and rockruffs day evolution is totally going on my team.

Have... You been paying attention to trailers? That Charizard is for the PokeRide.. Kiawe's even sitting pretty on top of it lol...

Anyway, I'm super torn on which Rockruff evo I wanna use on my first playthrough - thank God they're not version exclusives though

Fire'd

Aspiring Trainer
Yep, Rockruff's day evo is easily my new favorite Gen 7 mon (sorry Mudsdale and Salandit). The night form is still pretty cool though. I'm pretty curious about the typing actually. I imagine the day evo will just be Rock like Rockruff, although they could throw fighting in there as well I suppose.

The night evo is likely just Rock/Dark, but something tells me it will lose it's rock typing. It just doesn't look like a rock pokemon to me. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it'll be Dark/Fairy or maybe just pure Dark.

Side Note: I'm probably late to the party on this, but does anybody else find it odd that Rockruff is pure rock and not Rock/Normal? They've been using the normal type a lot more with duel-type pokemon the last couple gens (see gogoat, pyroar, bewear, etc), and it would make sense for the that trend to continue with Rockruff, especially considering we've never had Rock/Normal before.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
NO MORE SERENA FOR THE ANIME!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!

-Anyways, I like Rockruff's evolution(s), though in my eyes, the one that doesn't look like a hunchback werewolf is much better.

-UB2 and UB3 are cool, I guess. If I have the option to catch one though, the one that looks like a bug in heels and a frilly dress seems cool.

Anyways, meh about the game info, but I'm bouncing off the walls that the fact Serena is 99% gone.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
First things first...
- Rockruff's evolutions both look really cool. The Midday form looks better to me though, surprisingly. If I had to guess types, Midnight is probably Rock/Dark. Don't know about the Midday form though, maybe it's just pure-Rock (it wouldn't be the first time one of the evolutions had a dual-type and the other not). My only complaint though is these could have easily been different Pokémon instead of just forms. It could have been a split evolution family, which is something we haven't seen in a while...

- Ultra Beasts look interesting... Not very pokémon-ish but nice designs nonetheless which is good anyway since they're not actual pokémon. It's hard to not notice UB-02 Beauty's resemblance to Lusamine, which considering UB-01 looks like Lillie, makes this Ultra beasts thing all the more intriguing... Don't know who/what UB-02 Expansion is supposed to look like... I really don't have a clue what their story is supposed to be... An actual mystery for a change...

- I've said it before and I'll say it again, Type: Null definitely has a stronger form. CoroCoro just reinforced the idea...

- About the anime... sigh, all the character development from XY just goes to the trash with the new generation reset button. I also would have liked to see Serena stay. She's probably my favorite female companion (still haven't made my mind between her and Dawn). And when you thought Ash couldn't look any dumber, there he is... and now, going to school... Pathetic.

Mudkipfan12

Mudbray!
Have... You been paying attention to trailers? That Charizard is for the PokeRide.. Kiawe's even sitting pretty on top of it lol...

Anyway, I'm super torn on which Rockruff evo I wanna use on my first playthrough - thank God they're not version exclusives though
yeah I did watch the trailers, but the official site says that you call on special pokemon that are not on your team. so, ash could possibly call on his charizard, which I think would be really cool.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Beauty definitely does give off a Lusamine vibe, wouldn't be surprised if it bonded with her. What about Expansion though? It doesn't look like any character I've seen. Looks more like that Precursor Robot at the end of Jak and Daxter.

As for the anime, IDK how they did it but they managed to make the anime look even less likeable. Ash going back to school? Yeah, that's what people want to see in an adventure anime about monster battling, the same thing their target audience can't wait to get away from all day.

EthanLac

Aspiring Trainer
Ughhhhh... enough with the Ultra Beasts... In all seriousness, though, these feel like they were monsters from a scrapped Square Enix game that got mixed in with this.

I really like Rugarugan's design. I just hope that it'll be useful competitively and not another Stoutland...

J.D.

Mewtwo Fan
I absolutely love the midday Rugarugan... so very wolf-like in appearance. The midnight form however... that looks like Crash Bandicoot on crack...

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Until there's no ENGLISH Info about these ones, I won't give my evaluations on the new Pokemon, UBs, or Rockruff's evo aka Rockwolf. We don't know the Height/Weight, Ability, Typing, or its bio if it s friendly or hostile to the Pokemon and people in Alola.

Leronne

Bug Pokemon Lover
I don't think it will be as simple as evolving during the day or night, since they already explored that territory with Espeon/Umbreon.
Pretty sure it's that simple. Otherwise it's likely you have to level them up at 12:00 AM or 12:00 PM to evolve it (and that sounds like way too much of a hassle).

UB-02 looks pretty cool. I like the armoured beetle (or krab/lobster) design of it. The ultra beasts that have been revealed so far seem like sea creatures. The UB-02's could easily be a "cricket" and beetle, but they also give out a bit of a water bug and krab/lobster feel. Maybe all the UB's are sea creature like.
I honestly haven't disliked anything that have been revealed so far. I'm not sure if i'm just an extreme fanboy or not :p. All the designs range from fine to awesome. New features are always welcomed and i'm a sucker for ultimate massive explosion finishing moves (z-moves of course). I think the only thing that's gonna piss me off is if the majority of the pokemon that seem competitive (which, besides alolan forms looks like all of them) turns out to be useless or really underwhelming. Kinda was the case with XY, but we still got some good mons out of that.

Unyubaby

Birb of Prey
Beauty definitely does give off a Lusamine vibe, wouldn't be surprised if it bonded with her. What about Expansion though? It doesn't look like any character I've seen. Looks more like that Precursor Robot at the end of Jak and Daxter.

Expansion seems heavily like Gladion. It shares similar colors and a brutish theme. As Gladion is the "Enforcer" of Team Skull and Expansion is quite bulky, the two overlap theme-wise. Though due to the Beauty and Expansion being version differences, there may be a large change in story between the versions if this speculation has some truth.

Jaime Runt

Aspiring Trainer
I know I'm late for the party but here are my impressions on the new creatures:

- Lugarugan looks pretty cool. I'm in love with the midday form but I like the Midnight as well. Simple but solid designs right there. Midday got a spot in my team now.

- UB beauty looks good but I much prefer UB expansion, which is a good thing considering I'm using SUN. Also very intrigued about these creatures and their role in the story.

All in all I'm very happy with everything that have been shown so far. From designs to graphics and everything else. This generation seems to be packed with all around good stuff. Not a single thing that I can say I've hated so far, unlike previous generations.