News Rockruff Evolution and Ultra Beasts Shown in CoroCoro!

After reading 4 pages, I suppose I'm the only person not really feeling Rockruff's evolutions... ^^'
I don't know, they kinda look like sketches or drawn by eye from the original artwork, doesn't look professionally made and their bodies resemble coyotes instead of wolves... I hope I like them better after I see their 3D models in action.

EDIT: Just saw the new scans and I guess they look kinda better but still not really feeling them.

WHAT? Version exclusive? Good thing I preordered both, but still, that's pretty disappointing since I have only 1 working 3DS. But I'm still happy because I like both forms equally and I get the intimidating one first. $80 out of my pockets and I needed those for Shaymins.

WHAT? Version exclusive? Good thing I preordered both, but still, that's pretty disappointing since I have only 1 working 3DS. But I'm still happy because I like both forms equally and I get the intimidating one first. $80 out of my pockets and I needed those for Shaymins.

Has it been explicitly confirmed that they are version exclusives? I saw the thing about Midnight Rockruff being in Moon and Midday Rockruff being in Sun but I haven't seen anything that confirms they can't be obtained in either version. I assumed it's because due to the day/night differences that Midnight form will be easier to get in Moon and Midday form in Sun.
But with everything they're throwing at us this gen, I wouldn't be that surprised to find out the evolutions are version exclusives lol

Has it been explicitly confirmed that they are version exclusives? I saw the thing about Midnight Rockruff being in Moon and Midday Rockruff being in Sun but I haven't seen anything that confirms they can't be obtained in either version. I assumed it's because due to the day/night differences that Midnight form will be easier to get in Moon and Midday form in Sun.
But with everything they're throwing at us this gen, I wouldn't be that surprised to find out the evolutions are version exclusives lol

According to the new pages that were added today, our translators confirmed that CoroCoro states the forms will indeed be version exclusive.

So both Rockruff's evolutions and the UB-02 forms are exclusives, interesting. Also means I'm stuck with Midnight Rockruff, boo...

I don't mind Rockruff's evolutions being version exclusive but it's disappointing to see that the Midday form gets a cool new Rock type priority move but the midnight form gets Counter :/

Man, I hate this version exclusive crap... I decided to pre-order Sun, which is fine cause the Midday form is my favorite of the two but I still want to get all the Pokémon and this time I decided to not buy both games like I did in previous gens... And one thing is having version exclusive Pokémon which you can get by trading and then breed to get that Pokémon with your OT, but version exclusive evolutions? That sucks!
Even if I get a Rockruff from Moon, it will likely still evolve into the midday form in my Sun game. Breeding won't help me in this case and I don't want a Pokémon that doesn't belong to my game.
The most stupid thing with this is that they will probably change it in future games since it wouldn't make sense to keep the forms as versions exclusives for other games not based on Alola (they're only doing this because they're new Pokémon), specially if a future game is a solitary version (if those ever get made again)...

So far on the Ultra Beasts front, we've got a creepy jellyfish, a mosquito superhero, and an alien grasshopper princess. APPROVED.

The Midday form Lugarugan looks really damn cool, but the Midnight form is really, really stupid-looking. Too bad I've committed myself to Pokémon Moon...

So far on the Ultra Beasts front, we've got a creepy jellyfish, a mosquito superhero, and an alien grasshopper princess. APPROVED.

The Midday form Lugarugan looks really damn cool, but the Midnight form is really, really stupid-looking. Too bad I've committed myself to Pokémon Moon...
But hey, atleast Verlisify finally got his own pokemon :p

Aaaagh Nightime Wolf looks cool and all, but it's guaranteed to be part Dark type, and I've already committed to catching Alola Rattata on my team. It probably doesn't matter but that sort stuff irks me. Midday Wolf is nice, I suppose.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg5.jpg 6.jpg
The japanese pokemon site has released new information regarding UB-02 "Expansion" and "Beauty".
img_02.png
Expansion: It has immeasurable muscle power and is said that his mouth is harder than diamond.
img_03.png
Beauty: pokemon, regardless of gender are absolutely fascinated by this ultra beasts look and is said to lose their hostility. It is unclear if this is caused by a special pheromone or if it's a hypnotic trance. Beauty is said to move faster than lightning.

Source:
Japanese Pokemon site

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh. So i got the diamond part wrong. My bad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. This is still really awesome.

2035140-20151115-PzdsVa.jpg

Again, we expected the same amount of news as last time's announcement only to be proven wrong... Typical Gamefreak.

Last edited:
This is getting interesting! We now know that the Ultra Beasts have eldritch powers, and it's pretty much a given that the Aether Foundation will have custody over at least 1. Perhaps one of the members will not have an Ultra Beast, depending on what version you have?

Although, I still think that this concept could be better thought out.

Boring.

Not really interested in Aliens that aren't even Pokemon.

How do they explain the difference between these guys and Beeheeyem or Deoxys or etc.

Give some real news Nintendo.

Back