News Rockruff Evolution and Ultra Beasts Shown in CoroCoro!

ZygardeChronicles

PMD5 when
Rockruff's evolution is now one of my favorite Pokémon. I really like how it has multiple formes. Also the new Ultra Beasts are pretty awesome. Also, RIP Amourshipping :)

Last edited:

丅ᗴᗰᑭᗴᔕ丅

✧*。٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。
Man, those Ultra Beasts are creepy. The red one reminds me of a mosquito...like, a mosquito on steroids...
Also, yay Rockruff evolutions! Everything looks pretty cool.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I'm not show how I feel about these Ultra Beasts... they don't really feel Pokemon-y to me, especially the names. On the other hand, I think those Rockruff evolutions are very well designed. ^.^

NightOfYuyuko

Next station: Brick City!
Rockruff's evolution forms both looks awesome definetly getting the day evo in my team!

the ultra beasts just get wierder and wierder. are they rejected digimons or something ;/

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Does this mean the starters will have two different final evolutions?! Since there's a secret shared between Rockruff + the starters and this is the only thing close to a secret about Rockruff we've heard... this could actually happen. (I think a leak mentioned that they would have night + day evolutions, but tbh I really cannot remember which leak it was from, or if it was from a credible source or just someone looking for attention)
The evolutions themselves... not hugely feeling the night one at the moment but could change. The day one isn't too bad but not something I'd particularly use. I'm interested to know about their types, or if they gain secondary types. (maybe Rock/Dark for the night form and.... idk I can't think of a type that would really suit the day form, maybe possibly Fairy at a stretch but even that's questionable)

I like the design of UB-02 Beauty, currently don't know how I feel about Expansion.

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
Anyone else notice UB02 looks like a fish?

Rockruff's evolutions look awesome! I just hope they're not version exclusive since I kind of like the Sun version more.

UB02 looks a lot like Lusamine, UB03 doesn't look like any one but it's a weapon, and Gladion uses Type:Null which is essentially a weapon. Maybe they're related?

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
I'm sad, no Serena to be found in the preview.
I do like Rockruff's evolution, though.
Also, the more I look at the anime preview, the more the characters look... Off. Maybe it's a new art style?

Turquoise

Greenish-Blue Trainer (?)
Everyone says that UB-02 Beauty looks like Lusamine. I dunno.
Both UB-02 looks weird to me. It doesn't feel like it can be part of Pokemon game, especially UB-02 Expansion.

I'm okay with both Rockruff evolution, but I like the day form more than the night one.

Queno138

Metal Balls Trainer
There's an untranslated portion, which shows a picture of Pokemon Go and regular Rattata,
and proceeds to point arrows to three of the Alolan formes that we are aware of.

I wonder what that is about?

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Ash uses z moves- still loses against the trial captain. Oh wait i just spoiled it.

He'll probably take a little while to get the hang of them. They're a mechanic he's not used to. Look at how long it took him to use Ash-Greninja without nearly killing himself. Powerful moves in general tend to have a bit of a learning curve in the anime.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
This is awesome. I really like Rockruff's evolution formes, although I prefer the day version, I still really hope that we can catch Ultra Beasts. If we can't I understand (since its heavily hinted at that UB-01 is Lillie) but I would still very much like for them to be catchable. As for UB-02 Expansion, type up Soul Eater Mosquito 100 years.

Judging from the fact we see Expansion battling Tapu Koko and that there's a Island Guardian for each of the four islands, it might be plausible that each Island Guardian has a opposite, which are the Ultra Beasts (with the exception of UB-01, who seems to be on either side), that would mean there are 5 Ultra Beasts per game (9 Ultra Beast if each UB is different between the games like UB-02 Beauty and Expansion).

Judging from this leak, we'll just see an official reveal on Wednesday, maybe a couple extras.

One thing missing from here, that may be added later on, is that the leak reveals that it will show the true strength of the new Pokemon, Type: Null, during its next issue.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
There's an untranslated portion, which shows a picture of Pokemon Go and regular Rattata,
and proceeds to point arrows to three of the Alolan formes that we are aware of.

Probably means that Alolan Form Pokemon may be coming to Pokemon Go. They may even release the Alolan forms to Pokemon Go before Pokemon Sun and Moon since it probably won't spoil anything since, we won't know stats, evolution method or anything else.

Queno138

Metal Balls Trainer
Probably means that Alolan Form Pokemon may be coming to Pokemon Go. They may even release the Alolan forms to Pokemon Go before Pokemon Sun and Moon since it probably won't spoil anything since, we won't know stats, evolution method or anything else.

That sounds about right.

I had a hard time reading it, so I tried looking for the words that meant "transfer" and "trade", but I didn't find them.

Typing the line 「ポケモンGO」でみんなが追い求めたポケモンたちが「サン・ムーン」でも大活躍!

into google translate gave me some type of nonsense..

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

That sounds about right.

I had a hard time reading it, so I tried looking for the words that meant "transfer" and "trade", but I didn't find them.

Typing the line 「ポケモンGO」でみんなが追い求めたポケモンたちが「サン・ムーン」でも大活躍!

into google translate gave me some type of nonsense..

It's nothing that special. All it says is something along the lines of telling people that some Pokémon you can catch in Pokémon Go have new Alola forums in Sun/Moon.

Queno138

Metal Balls Trainer
It's nothing that special. All it says is something along the lines of telling people that some Pokémon you can catch in Pokémon Go have new Alola forums in Sun/Moon.

Gah, that's just boring information then XD

Mudkipfan12

Mudbray!
this is so cool, but if you look closer at the top corner of the anime trailer, you will see a charizard! could this be ash's? also Lillie has an alolan vulpix. and rockruffs day evolution is totally going on my team.

TheRealBro..

Does the UB02 beauty resemble the lady with the long hair from the Aether company? I think so..

Was hoping for some more information though.. Starter evo's for example. Or maybe an Alolan Slowbro with a really exotic looking giant clamp on it's tail? ;)