RMT of the Month (Congratulations King Arceus!)

RE: RMT of the Month (Congratulations PDC!)

That's why I asked for this month off for judging entries.:p

Just letting you know that I've changed the name of my team to hopefully get some people to actually view/rate it already. Good luck, Mark.

Updated. Thanks for informing me, Cinesra.

/me asks how grading is going.

Sorry for the delay everyone.

Lenny recently resigned from Contributors, and so I'll be taking on RMT of the Month now. Which is why I'm the one posting the results.

[mod]bacon[/mod]'s scores:

DiscOUnt Pharmaceuticals
Style

Nice and chunky. The presentation isn't outstanding but all the basics are here to let the reader know what's what. Nice writing style that's informal enough to be enjoyable and isn't overly detailed either. I think more effort could have been put into polishing up the overall appearance of this RMT, but I award a sturdy 12/15 for style.

Content

I feel as though the introduction isn't really explaining anything about the nature of the team nor leading the reader into the RMT, so it feels a bit redundant. That said, the team building process and team member explanations feel adequate enough. Your threat list is a little lacking. I think it'd be interesting to see possible changes to the team that can be introduced to amend these threats. I award 15/20 for content. The foundation is there, but in general a higher level of detail would make it a more interesting read and easier rate.

Effectiveness of team

I'm uncomfortable with how Magnezone can box you into a corner and force you to be very conservative with your choice of Heatran and Scizor's Choice locked moves, but I don't see anything particularly wrong here. As Heatran is your primary defence against Sun sweepers such as Volcarona and Venusaur, I think a more bulky, non-choiced build would serve you better like you mentioned. Pretty standard fare for weatherless, but it's a solid enough team. I'll award 12/15 for effectiveness.

Total: 39/50

Ubers Gym RMT
Style

Good style. The paragraphs feel like just the right length and the writing flows nicely. The layout is simple and easy to understand, but I feel as though the titles of each section could be bolder or more colourful in order to draw the reader's attention more. Still, very nice, and the 13/15 I award is well deserved.

Content

I really like the effort put into the content. The introduction and team member explanations are very informative while not skipping out on key information, which is even more important in a non-standard tier which many players are unfamiliar with. Unconventional sets are nicely explained and illustrated. The threat list is good too. 19/20, I think!

Effectiveness of team

I think most threats are explained well enough in the threat list, but this looks like a robust enough team and I can't recommend much due to my lack of knowledge of the ubers metagame. I can't see much being a threat though and the effectiveness has been demonstrated in our gym challenge, although it would be nice to see how far this could ladder. I think 13/15 is very appropriate for an effectiveness rating!

Total: 44/50

[member]Hyper[/member]'s ratings

DiscOUnt Pharmaceuticals

Style: 14/15
-Neat pictures
-Standard formatting
-Good s/g
-Colorful, pleasant headers / general formatting

Content: 17/20
-Solid descriptions
-Existence of a threatlist
-Good teambuilding process

Effectiveness: 13/15
-Tentacruel+Politoed pretty much wrecks this team
-Solid against sand and magdrag
-Covers the metagame well

Total: 44/50

Ubers Gym RMT
Style: 14/15
-Cool pictures, neat threatlist
-Good s/g
-Great general format
-Standard RMT formatting

Content: 19/20
-Detailed explanations
-Very detailed threatlist
-Importable
-Good teambuilding process

Effectiveness: 18/20
-Dragon Dance Rayquaza seems very tough to deal with
-Although unorthodox, bulky Manaphy is a slight issue in rain
-Deals with the Uber metagame very well
-Clear purpose to the team

Total: 46/50

[member]Bippa[/member]'s ratings

DiscOUnt Pharmaceuticals
Style: 15
The presentation is solid and flawless. As much as I want to find something to complain about, I can’t.

Content: 18
Again, this is really nice. I would prefer a bit more of an explanation in the teambuilding process, as one sentence isn’t enough.

Effectiveness: 9
This is where the team falters. First of all, your only check to Offensive Heatran with Hidden Power Grass is Gengar’s Focus Blast, and relying on a 70 accuracy move to check it is not good. You’ve also got no switchins for SD Terrakion (+2 Close Combat does at least 72% to Skarmory). But what really concerns me is that you have nothing for HP Ground Volcarona (+1 Bug Buzz does at least 56% to Gastrodon, so you can’t switch it in). These are three huge threats in the metagame, so points will be deducted.

Total: 42/50

Ubers Gym RMT
Style: 15
Like I said with Cinesra’s team, the presentation is astounding. This RMT is very pleasing on the eyes.

Content: 19
There is lots of info in here. I would’ve liked a bit more of an explanation in the teambuilding process (why you wanted to build the team around Groudon is mostly where this is directed at). But otherwise, it’s awesome.

Effectiveness: 12
I don’t know too much about Ubers, but after running calcs, you’re team is in trouble if Kyogre is up and hazards aren’t down (like at the beginning of the game). Modest Max HP Choice Specs 2HKOs both Dialga (doing 59.9% - 70.5%) and Giratina (doing 53% - 62.3%) and with Kyogre being the most common lead in Ubers (according to December’s usage stats), this is a possible situation.

Total: 46/50

The Results:
[member]Cinesra[/member]: 125/150
[smod]King Arceus[/smod]: 136/150

Congratulations to [smod]King Arceus[/smod] for winning RMT of the Month February edition.

All future participants: You have until March 24th to get in your teams for the next round. Hope to see you then.

Back