RMT of the Month (Congratulations King Arceus!)

RE: RMT of the Month (Congratulations Peachy!)

Congrats, Bippeachy. I'll be entering a team for the December competition.

I may enter a new VGC team I've been working on if it'll be ready in time.

Sorry Bippa but December lies with me.

Mine will be up in a few days if I work extremly hard at it.

I'm feeling lucky.

Expect an entry from yours truly.

[I'll try to actually enter this time]

If I finish testing my new team, I'll try to get an entry. It's coming on well.

~AoH

I have gotten an entry which I have not been able to put on the front post due to being on vacation, currently posting through my phone. I'll be home before the deadline but I apologize to the judges who may have to score some entries nearing the deadline.

Wow, only three days left, and I'm still the only one signed up.

Hopefully people start to sign up soon.

I would just like to remind everyone that just because you have posted an RMT doesn't mean it is automatically in the competition. I would just like to clarify this point. I was on vacation but I am now back and I will update the main post with the new judges and the new scoring system. In a few minutes it should be up.

EDIT: It's up! I hope I didn't make any mistakes but if anybody sees something odd point it out.

Ugh, none of the teams I've made hold up. No way I can make a winning article in a day. :I

Looks like Peachy wins by default, so far. :/

We have another entry from Dark Void into the competition! I doubt more will join for this round but that's okay, as long as nobody won by default. Thanks Dark Void for making this round actually interesting! :D

RE: RMT of the Month (Congratulations PDC!)

Hyper's Ratings:

White America

Style: 14/15
- limited s/g errors
- rather long explanations, but very important/informative
- great detail
- simple pictures cover everything from the intro to the threatlist

Content: 19/20
- excellent explanations of the Pokemon
- entertaining introduction
- great threatlist

Effectiveness: 14/15
- threatlist is quite accurate
- in addition to Pokemon you mentioned, Houndoom could prove annoying until you know its set
- covers the metagame well

Total: 47/50

My RMT

Style: 13/15
- awesome pictures
- some s/g errors
- too much explanation for irrelevant stuff

Content: 17/20
- detailed team building
- for some Pokemon, explanations were merely relating to moves
- threatlist included

Effectiveness: 9/15
- the threatlist discusses a few threats to great detail, but omits many
- at a quick glance, DD Scrafty can easily get through SDef Skarmory, and various CM/Offensive variants of Lati@s threaten your team a lot
- Various physical sweepers can overwhelm your Skarmory and sweep
- stall and Rain teams will be very difficult for you to defeat

Total: 39/50

Moving Forward

Style: 15/15
- generally good s/g
- wonderful formatting
- informative explanations

Content: 18/20
- limited threatlist
- detailed info on Pokemon
- good team building process

Effectiveness: 12/15
- using Mienshao as a check to Pokemon like NP Celebi and Scrafty is quite unreliable
- strong (and annoying ) voltswitch core
- sun teams could pose problems (Venisaur @ Earthquake)

Total: 45/50

King Arceus's Ratings:

Peachy

style 12 / 15
Under the Critical Analysis section the pictures just didn't have the same effect as the others. I do like when the Pokemon set itself is centered.

Content 18 / 20
celebi does not counter Starmie. Ice Beam coupled with Life Orb does between 56 - 66.7% of Celebi's HP. When you combine Stealth Rock damage and Surf damage, it has a chance of being OHKO'd before it gets to lauch an attack. The chance grows even higher if Hydro Pump was used instead. The explanation was a bit ackward for Bullet Punch's power. Out of pure curiousity, who said that quote at the top?

Effectiveness 14 / 15

The team looks very well put together. Everything has a purpose on the team.

Total: 44 / 50

Dark Void

Style 13 / 15
It looks like your Heatran is blowing out fire in the shape of Charizard. Sets being centered would be nice.

Content 17 / 20
Minor grammatical mistakes from when edits were made. Many Jellicent run Taunt making Toxic on Gastrodon not able to deal with them.

Effectiveness 12 / 15
Keep Scald on Gastrodon because the chance of burn is something you want to have on a stall type Pokemon. Having Stealth Rock on Heatran when it is holding a Choice Item is not good. I really would say to either fit Stealth Rock on Skarmory by replacing Drill Peck or use a different Pokemon for setting up hazards. Swampert could be an effective replacement that uses Stealth Rock. It also helps against your Volcarona weakness. It also can utilize Ice Beam to put a dent in some of the dragons while having enough defense to survive an attack or two from them.

Total: 42 / 50

PDC

Style 14 / 15
Sets being centered would be nice.

Content 18 / 20
Some spelling errors are present.

Effectiveness 12 / 15
it looks like you have quite a threat list for the team.

Total: 44 / 50

bacon's Ratings:

Peachy

Style (13/15)

This RMT has a solid writing style that keeps the reader's attention. There doesn't seem to be many mistakes and there isn't any repetition. It's all rather concise and tidy. This RMT displays a nice use of artwork, although the curvy headers are a little jarring and there really should be at least one space underneath the "Threatlist" (which should be two words, "Threat List"!) and "Closing" headers.

I award 13 out of 15 points. Very nice, but there's always room for improvement.

Content (16/20)

Everything seems to be here. The introduction tells us what inspired Peachy to make the team as well as a first hand experience of why Volt Turning is a potent strategy, which I really liked. A nice team building process and all the descriptions of the Pokemon contain all the right details. I'm a little confused about your Threat List though, it's very bare and I know for certain that Infernape isn't your only problem when in the next section you hint that Toxicroak in the rain is an issue too.

I award 16 points for content. This RMT contains most of the essentials, but there isn't much mention of the weaknesses of the team which you really need to explain if people are to give good rates.

Effectiveness (11/15)

It's a decent enough team, but it seems as though the more defensive options of Heatran and Donphan would really cut into the momentum you're trying to build up with Volt Turning. Celebi as the only Fighting resist in the entire team is a little bothersome and you have huge difficulties against the likes of Mienshao and Infernape. The age old core of Ferrothorn and Jellicent looks difficult to break too.

I award 11 points for effectiveness. It's decent, but it has difficulty with some key threats.

Peachy's total: 40/50

Dark Void

Style (5/15)

Not exactly the most enthralling of team names! Gengar's image should have been resized as it looks pretty bad having it as a spoiler. Good grammar and an easy to read writing style. Excessive slashes make it look ugly in places. Although a lot of effort was put into this RMT in the form of artwork, Dark Void really needed to focus more on layout and presentation in order to score those key points.

I award 5 points for style.

Content (15/20)

Good information, and nicely paced. Some questionable statements in some areas (Hi Jump Kick isn't close to Self Destruct's BP of 250, Heatran certainly doesn't require Speed in order to be good, etc). I really liked how in-depth you were with the roles of the team members and how you went into detail about what you might consider changing. The threat list starts out great, but I'm not sure why so much attention is given to Vaporeon and Volcarona over the other Pokemon since you don't seem to be particularly weak to either compared to other mons.

15 points for content. A lot of nice detail, but it's a bit odd in places.

Effectiveness (12/15)

Not bad at all, all of your major bases seem to be covered and nothing really leaps out as being a threat. Lack of Stealth Rock is bothersome and should probably be worked into the team. Waterfall on Gastrodon is cute, but could probably be replaced by the superior Scald if ever you did fit in Stealth Rock.

12 points, pretty solid but I'm not blown away.

Dark Void gets a final score of 32/50

PDC

Style (12/15)

Although it's not flashy, the presentation is very appealing for its simplicity and formality. Everything is arranged in a sensible order and paced appropriately, although the introduction paragraphs could perhaps have been broken up more. The spelling and grammar is decent but quite often PDC misses out capital letters and punctuation. The header introducing the team itself is missing (after the team building process). The spacing between Pokemon in the team isn't consistent either (such as the large gap between Hitmontop and Snorlax).

I award 12 points for style.

Content (19/20)

Very detailed team building process, great explanations of team member roles, and a nice threat list. Very honest about the team's faults too. Everything is here really.

I award a stunning 19 for content!

Effectiveness (14/15)

Most threats appear to be covered. Good success on the UU ladder. All Pokemon evidently work well together. Not much for me to say as my experience in UU is limited, but this is definitely a solid team.

So I award 14 points for effectiveness!

PDC walks away with a 45/50 from me.

PDC: 136 points!
Peachy: 129 points!
Dark Void: 113 points!

The winner of the second RMT of the month is PDC! Congratulations PDC! Peachy did come in a close second place, though. Good job to everyone who entered and I hope the criticism you received will help you to become a better battler. You can go ahead and fix up your RMTs as well with this new criticism. If you want further clarification on why you got what you got, you can PM the judge(s) about your scores and they will be happy to explain it to you.

Thank you for entering the round and congratulations again, PDC!

The third round of January, 2012 begins now! You have until January 31st to get your RMTs in. I hope to see many new faces!

Congrats to PDC! I hope I'll get my long-awaited RMT of the team I've been using for a while in this month.

Self Destruct is 200 BP bacon. You are thinking of Explosion.:p

Congrats Alex. Thanks everyone who submitted an entry this month.

My mistake (I actually thought Explosion was 300!), but rest assured I didn't take a point away for that one precise thing, so no worries.

A reminder to everyone who wishes to enter this round that entries are due in just over a week.

We have one entry so far. If nobody else enters, then Cinesra will win by default! Come on, let's give him some competition!

By the way, RMT of the Month will now be every two months due to the low amount of entrants. After January's deadline, you won't be able to join until March! So join now or you'll have to wait a month for the next round.

^ I think I may have something coming!
Hope I can fix some things up quick enough

Would have updated you sooner if you had PM'd me, but whatever.

Because King Arceus is now in the competition, Bippa will be taking his place as judge. And thank goodness it's not a default win ;F

Back