RMT of the Month (Congratulations King Arceus!)

RE: RMT of the Month

I have been working on my battling skills as well as my grammar so expect a RMT from me. It will be good. ; )

- R-C

@ SPM3 and Rotom-Cut: Looking forward to your entries!

@ Juliacoolo: I read through all of your suggestions and I appreciate it very much. I haven't had much time to really think about it and talk to anyone else, Over the weekend, I'll try to maybe change things around. Thanks a lot for your well thought out post and I will get back to you if I implemented any of your ideas. Thanks!

Two new entries have been added by MyGatr and hipoke. Take a look at some of the new competition!

More entries have been added. This is a reminder post for anybody who wants to enter any RMTs. The deadline is November 30th so if you're planning on entering an RMT for this month, make sure to get it in! I will not accept any late entries whatsoever.

This is also a reminder for the judges. I have no clue how much you have reviewed yet, but I just want you all to know the deadline is very soon, and I would prefer the reviews come out, at most, a 4-5 days into December. Once the reviews are up we'll be able to get into the second month of competition as soon as possible. :)

I plan on getting my scoring started tomorrow. Are you expecting full comments for each one or just numbers?

King Arceus said:
I plan on getting my scoring started tomorrow. Are you expecting full comments for each one or just numbers?

Well, it really depends on you guys (the judges). I would prefer not necessarily full comments, but explanations as to why people got what they got. A score along with a good enough explanation is all that is needed from you guys.

Chillarmy said:
Trying to finish a last minute entry....

You have been added to the competition.

I doubt I'll be able to check at 11:59 PM tonight for other possible entries, but I'll try.

If those are indeed all of the entries, then I'd like to wish everyone luck; these are some of the best and most creative RMTs that I've ever seen, and I'm proud to have rated many of them, even if my advice wasn't always helpful. :p Great job.

I have finished my scoring of the RMTs and sent them to Lenny. Sorry it took a while. I was looking over everything. Once scores are announced, if you want the comments I wrote about your team, contact me and I'll give them to you.

Due to several judge being inactive, I will release the final scores as King Arceus's scores. I would have hoped for at least 2 opinions for each person, but sadly the judges chosen were busy and its time you got your scores.

Here they are:

1) shadow_scyther
Effectiveness of Team: 17 / 20
The team seems to be really good. There are a couple things that could get improved, but overall it does what it is suppose to. I noticed a couple errors in your explanations of Pokemon, but most were correct.
Creativity and Formatting: 8 / 10
It is a professional layout, but Politoed and Jirachi’s pictures could have been better. Also one of the images isn’t showing.
Creativity of the Team: 9 / 10
I like how the EVs are a bit different than standard on some of the Pokemon. Some unusual move combinations were seen.
Spelling & Grammar: 5 / 5
There are a couple sentence fragments, but they are not distracting.
Total: 39 / 45

2) Bippa201 (Peachy)
Effectiveness of Team: 20 / 20
I hate giving a perfect score on this category because it is only in theory. I don’t really see any problems the team has.
Creativity and Formatting: 10 / 10
A very detailed account of how the team was created was given. Everything had full explanations. The pictures were very well chosen.
Some of the Pokemon had main sets, although they were used effectively. I also liked how the team wasn’t centered around a weather.
I think I noticed one minor error, but that’s it.
Total: 44 / 45

3) Superpokemon67
Effectiveness of Team: 15 /20
I feel the team has a fair number of threats. Terrakion isn’t even mentioned as a threat, yet it checks almost the entire team. Togekiss is not going to like taking a Stone Edge from it when it uses Follow Me. Electivire I just don’t see performing well enough since it needs a boost to its speed to even have a chance to beat Latios and Latias. It also still doesn’t beat Terrakion unless Terrakion has taken prior damage since Terrakion commonly carries Air Balloon as its item. A couple of Pokemon on the team have items that aren’t really good in VGC play.
Creativity and Formatting: 9 / 10
The team had a good layout.
Creativity of the Team: 10 / 10
The team doesn’t use what I would consider normal sets or Pokemon for VGC.
No obvious errors were found.
Total: 39 / 45

4) Blah237
The team seems ok, but Haxorus is going to get hit first when it switches in from Baton Pass. Being that you have no EVs invested defensively in it, the hit could do quite a bit of damage. If Entry hazards got put out, you could potentially lose it before even attacking with it. Since you are using Agility and passing that, some of the Speed EVs could go to one of Haxorus’ defensive stats to ensure it has some HP left. Skarmory will unfortunately ruin Haxorus as well with Whirlwind. The team overall is quite fragile so if the opponent gets set up, you pretty much lost.
Creativity and Formatting: 7 / 10
There really wasn’t a process listed as to how the team came together. There also wasn’t a threat list. Putting the sentence “FYI this team is OU” was not necessary. It insults the reader’s ability to know the team is OU since a competitive player would know it is.
Creativity of the Team: 8 /10
The team really is not that creative. Movesets are quite standard on many of the Pokemon.
No noticeable errors.
Total: 37 / 45

5) Arceus Of Heaven
I am unable to find any flaws the team has.
Creativity and Formatting: 10 /10
The team has great pictures and formatting.
Creativity of the Team: 8 / 10
The team has fairly standard sets on Pokemon.
No noticeable errors.
Total : 43 / 45

6) MrGatr
Effectiveness of Team: 15 /20
Heatran doesn’t even have a fire move for starters. It can’t take on Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Scizor, and others weak to fire moves. Latias really should only be used over Latios if you are going for a Calm Mind set due to its greater bulk. Latios has the higher Special Attack making it seem like it would fit the role better. Reuniculus doesn’t seem to fit the team that well. It gives another weakness to Dark and Ghost while not really assisting the team outside of using Trick.
Creativity and Formatting: 5 / 10
I like the centering of a Pokemon’s moveset, but centering the paragraph that describes it is distracting and takes away from the look. Bolded yellow is also not a good thing to do when you are making changes because it can be somewhat hard to read. No threat list is present; nor was a full look at the team without having to look at each Pokemon individually. The pictures were ok. Some of the changes you made that were suggested never found their way into your description of the Pokemon. There were also things about moves the Pokemon no longer had. It is distracting to the reader to have sentences about something the Pokemon no longer has in its description.
Some creativity was in the team, but it doesn’t appear like it would work out too well.
Spelling & Grammar: 4 / 5
There were a couple sentences awkwardly worded. Reuniculus was also spelled incorrectly a couple times.
Total: 33 / 45

7) hipoke
Effectiveness of Team: 18 /20
I fail to see why Whimsicott needs the Speed EVs considering its ability. The only move that won’t have priority is U-Turn. While Hammer Arm may lower your Speed while hitting hard, Conkeldurr won’t be lasting long taking 12.5% damage each turn from the Flame Orb. To remedy this, I really think Drain Punch would be more effective as it already is slow.
Creativity and Formatting: 9 / 10
It looks pretty good, but it is missing a threat list.
Creativity of the Team: 10 / 10
A lot of creativity has gone into this team.
No noticeable errors.
Total: 42 / 45

8) DaftPunk
The stall this team looks able to pull off is really good. It has the necessary things each stall team needs; status healing, a spin blocker, entry hazards, and Pokemon that can force switches.
Creativity and Formatting: 10 / 10
The team is presented in a professional manner. It has a threat list and a team building process.
While I like how the team isn’t weather based, many of the Pokemon are using standard spreads.
No noticeable errors were found.
Total: 43 / 45

9) safariblade
The team is still going to have problems with rain and sand teams with natural weaknesses that having a sun-based team provides. The team also looks like it would struggle against Dragonite. After a Dragon Dance it will outpace Starmie. Many sun teams have Venusaur that utilizes Sleep Powder so it could be easily predicted.
The team has the team building process, but does not have a threat list. Overall it is put together well. A couple sentences didn’t have proper game mechanics.
The team uses mostly standard sets.
A couple errors were found.
Total: 37 / 45

10) Chillarmy
Effectiveness of Team: 16 / 20
Dragonite looks to be a threat to your team. Without any EVs in Special Attack, Latias is not going to be doing a whole lot of damage to Dragonite with Dragon Pulse. Gastrodon can only deal with it if the Dragonite is not at full HP. Latios and Latias may be difficult to defeat as well because Gengar can only tie their Speed. They both have enough bulk to survive Gastrodon’s Ice Beam. Surf is quite common on them as well making Heatran not able to wall them effectively. Gyarados also seems like it could be trouble, particularly if it has Taunt. The team also looks like it could have problems with Torment Heatran. You’d lose a lot of HP if Heatran did Protect and Mienshao used Hi Jump Kick. Gengar is the only thing that appears to be safe if Heatran doesn’t have a Substitute up.
No threat list was made. The Pokemon sets would be better if they were centered as well. Some of the sentences don’t match the Pokemon’s moves.
The sets are quite standard.
Some errors were found.
Total: 36 / 45.

First place award goes to.....Peachy with 44 points! Congratulations Peachy! You will be added to the list of winners of this competition and the VG Moderators will decide if your RMT is worthy enough to make it into the archive!

Tied for second place are.....DaftPunk and Arceus of Heaven with 43 points! Great job you two. You were only behind first place by 1 point and had nearly flawless RMTs as well!

Coming in a close 3rd place is hipoke with 42 points! Great job as well, hipoke!

You may now send entries for December's RMT competition, however, I understand that there may not be as many competitors as the first time around. You are still allowed to enter RMTs that have already been made, but none that were already entered last round.

Once again, congratulations Peachy! I hope everyone enjoyed being a part of this competition. Now that you've seen some brief criticism on your team, you can go back and try to fix some of these problems. If you would like more explanations on your errors, simply PM King Arceus about it! I'm sure he'd be glad to help once he's got the time.

EDIT: For those who did not like the scoring system and thought it didn't capture everything an RMT competition should have, do not worry! I will be revising the current system to make it more fair for everyone.

RE: RMT of the Month (Congratulations Peachy!)

Wow, one point. :) Thanks Daft Punk and Arceus of Heaven for providing such great competition.

Thanks Lenny for starting a very fun activity, and I hope I'll be able to enter December's round.

I came third to last, but I'm still glad I entered the competition and I'm not upset considering this is pretty much my first real competitive team ever made. *runs to edit FYI this team is OU out immediately* Thanks for running this Lenny, I hope I'll submit another entry soon! Congrats to Peachy for winning!

Oh, one quick thing. If entry hazards are set up, Haxorus won't get hit once. Accelegor can Encore the hazard user and then Baton Pass on the switch.

Congrats Peachy :D. Next times judges should be more strict so the difference between players is more visible or just add more points. I'll be sure to enter on the next competition. I have a team I just need to transform it into a RMT. ;)

It was very hard to decide a winner. There were several great entries. I hope you don't take offense to any of the comments I wrote about your team. I had to do everything by what it looks like on paper. There is no way I'd be able to construct each of the teams and try and battle with them in that short of time. At least you have an idea of how to improve your team and how to have a better team layout.

@Lenny: I didn't intend those comments on being public, just the scores but oh well.

Congrats Peachy!

Congrats Peachy! I can't wait to read comments about my team (even though they probably suck :p).
Oh hey, they weren't that bad :D. I will admit that it's not a team that looks good on paper. Well, I was going to change it anyways, and that just means another RMT :D.

King Arceus said:
It was very hard to decide a winner. There were several great entries. I hope you don't take offense to any of the comments I wrote about your team. I had to do everything by what it looks like on paper. There is no way I'd be able to construct each of the teams and try and battle with them in that short of time. At least you have an idea of how to improve your team and how to have a better team layout.

@Lenny: I didn't intend those comments on being public, just the scores but oh well.

Congrats Peachy!

Well I assumed explanations were for other people, not for me. I don't care how you came up with these scores but the people do. I assumed you understood what I needed explanations for.

Congrats to... Gahh, Peachy. It was so much easier when it was Bippa. Regardless, I picked you to win from the start. Very unique team.

Great runs by Daft (SL) and shadow_scyther too. I enjoyes s_s's innovation with Tornadus and Jolteon. Daft, let's just say that you built one of the better stall teams here in awhile. (Blake, don't get on my case...)

I wonder what would've happened if my team wasn't so cookie-cutter.

~AoH

I agree, AoH. I would have hoped that more judges could take part, but maybe next round I can find more dedicated ones. King Arceus is definitely dedicated. Pride and Steadfast may have been busy, but I'll try to find 1 or 2 more dedicated judges so the votes won't be extremely close.

I will also revise the scoring system, so that will enhance the experience and make it more fair/accurate. I hope you all take part in the next competition, but don't feel rushed to make an RMT very quickly.

Congrats Peachy, it was a great team and RMT!

Muahahaahahaha my evil plan has worked all of the entrants have used up their RMTs on the first competition and now nobody is left to compete against me in the second. I'm drawing the Pokemon as I type muahahahahaha I'm so evil.

Maybe sorta not really. Well, I am planning on taking part in the next, anyway.

I'll be entering December's round once I post my team. It'll probably up sometime next week.

Maybe I can get a streak going.

Thanks again everyone.

Back